[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>10 page paper >due Sunday by midnight >haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 1445651152916.png (101 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1445651152916.png
101 KB, 500x366
>10 page paper
>due Sunday by midnight
>haven't started yet

What do?

Is it true, if I go to student services and get a diagnosis of depression, I can get extensions on assignments? Or is this a meme?
>>
>>24554585
It's only 10 pages, anon. Just get on with it - you have the looming deadline to motivate you.
>>
What's your paper about anon? And no its just a meme.

Teachers are human and most will help you out if you explain yours situation clearly enough. Why not try talking to them
>>
>>24554585
DO IT
DO IT NOW

THE TIME SPENT WILL BE THE SAME

YOU'LL JUST WORRY LESS IN THE REMAINING TIME
>>
>>24554585
Can be done in one night, and you've got 3. I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>24554696
It's about human gut flora. I guess, I could talk to my prof. I'm just really anxious about talking to anyone, especially my profs.

>>24554715
True. I guess I'll start now.
>>
English major here. 10 page papers are easy as fuck, can write one of those in 2 hours. Pleb.
>>
>>24554696
>Talking
Lmao

>>24554585
Tell me the topic And I can help you write it tomorrow
Gmail me at erinakamikaze
>>
>>24554696
Nah brah lmao
If I gave a student a 10 page assignment, I assuredly gave the little bastard ample time to write ten pages. You come up to me with some weak bullshit about being sad, and you don't have at least 8 pages done already to show me you've been working on it, you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>24554725
I'm not an English student. I need to research the subject too. And, I'm a slow writer.
>>
File: 1447824572800.jpg (112 KB, 330x930) Image search: [Google]
1447824572800.jpg
112 KB, 330x930
>>24554746
can you explain how? i'm genuinely interested
>>
File: SHIA-LABEOUF-JUST-DO-IT.jpg (59 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
SHIA-LABEOUF-JUST-DO-IT.jpg
59 KB, 2000x1000
>>24554585
god fucking damn it senpai you know how this works!
>>
>>24554743
I'm a medical student with a masters from johns hopkins. I will write your 10 page paper for 100 bucks
>>
>>24554818
Wow, senpai. I'm a lazy sack of shit; but, I'm not a cheater.
>>
File: Instead.jpg (45 KB, 537x1157) Image search: [Google]
Instead.jpg
45 KB, 537x1157
>>24554775
I'll tell you how. Papers are about getting your idea across, and providing examples and citations to support your point. You pull some quotes from some sources you've barely read (cause, let's be fucking honest, your C-tier professor isn't going to source check his 30 students' papers unless you write some dumb shit) using parenthetical citations. You then reiterate your thesis over and over in each paragraph, then sum it up at the end.

Easy.
>>
>>24554585
Type 1 page every 3 hours. Within 2 days you're done. If you hit a mental block, then just type about how white males are oppressive and need to have laws placed on them removing any chance of them ever oppressing again, and then just string in some bs relating that to your original topic.
>>
>>24554775
English M.A., high school English teacher here.
English is a bullshit subject, at any level, and is based solely on how much you can bullshit your way through your courses.
My thesis was a comparison between A Midsummer Night's Dream, and the film Superbad.
>>
>>24554585
Yes.

I got two huge assignments extended cause I said I was depressed. Depends on your school and profs tho, but most schools these days are gay "safe spaces" and profs have to bend to it if they wanna keep their jobs so yeah, your success rate is probably 85%
>>
>>24554833
the offer is here, friend. be glad it is an option if you dont get excused.
>>
Same exact thing, OP. 10 pages, 5+ sources, something something cold war. another assignment worth 50% of the grade of my other class due the same day. haven't started that either. really want to booze myself onto another planet rn desu. I'm already napping as much as i can
I should probably just try to do it. I commited around 8 hours to working on earlier in the week but i haven't gotten anywhere because i started with a shitty thesis and outline.
>>
>>24554775
Well, you know, I wrote so many papers it just became formulaic

>starting paragraph: literally write whatever the fuck you want here and make it sound like the topic of your essay is the most hip thing ever and it can apply to so many different situations, etc., let the bullshit flow
>main paragraphs: your first sentence describes what the paragraph will be about; last sentence of paragraph summarizes it or gives it a conclusion.
>middle of each paragraph: insert a quote. Quotes take up a whole fucking ton of space. The spend as much time bullshitting extra meaning out of that quote as you can. Then add another quote, or move on to another paragraph if you have a quote that doesn't fit with this quote
>concluding paragraph: blah blah blah, all those quotes proved the thesis I told you about in my opening paragraph, you see? I am superior smart-man, I have just bestowed the world with such incredible knowledge that all the scientists and doctors and other smart-men will reading this essay and jollily clapping and patting each other on the back and smiling

You get it? Just fill it up with quotes. You paraphrase the quote and relate it to your thesis. Rinse and repeat until you reach the required number of pages, then go back through it and format it so it looks nicer.
>>
>>24554915
In college, and even in fucking grad school, I A) worked a full-time job B) partied all the fucking time C) volunteered at a soup kitchen and D) still shat out whatever stupid fucking paper or whatever I was told to do.
Fucking high school is harder than college. If you can't make it in college, you're a bona-fide fucking retarded loser and you should kill yourself.
>>
You can do a 10-page paper in that period of time. You shouldn't have left it this long, but it's doable.

Quit panicking in paralysis and looking for an escape. Confront this NOW.

Seriously, close the fucking tab and don't even read the replies beyond this. Get to it!
>>
>>24554988
i'll try my best
i love you senpai
>>
>>24554988
Okay, familam, only because you got dubs.
>>
>>24554585
Not a weme, although they could ask for proof.
I got a 3 week extension on three papers but I had to show them my appointment slip for therapy and get a doctor note
>>
>>24554873
>>24554873

I want to study medicine in the future, can you tell me about some of your experience at medical school?
>>
just set it to courier new 13 pt size and double-space and you're talking 1500 words max

Just throw sentences and paragraphs together. It doesn't need to be good

Chill the fuck out anon. This is pretty easy.
>>
>>24555318
colleagues/classmates are majority dickheads. narcissists. machiavellian. cheat on each other.

everyone only cares about what school you went to, hierarchy is a big thing. peers are pompous and from wealthy families. everybody you take care of is sick and you are overworked. some people are grateful and some are suffering too much to express gratitude.
>>
>>24555385

Does the school you went to really matter? in the end you are certified, i can see why it would matter in big name hospitals but in Australia that doesn't matter as much.
>>
>>24554585
Just start writing and don't stop. I've written more pages in a shorter amount of time before.
>>
>>24555381

do people actually think markers count the pages in assignments?
>>
>>24555418
the school does matter, as in the best teachers are in the best schools but that's not what i am getting at.

people have a way of adding complexity and hierarchy to systems- the system here being how high in esteem you are held among your peers. people do judge you based upon where you went for med school but not too badly. it happens though. the issue really is that you have narcissists fighting and posturing for dominance so they try to pull rank on each other. if you can ignore it you can be happy, sure.
>>
>>24554988
>>24555054
already stumped.
>>
>>24555473
What about you? which category do you fall under?
>>
>>24555492
i don't know. compared to a med student i'm an absolute robot.

i get so happy thinking of all the anime conventions i'm going to go to as a junior dr though.
>>
>>24555547
Thanks, while i look forward to the challenge, the atmosphere you described seems a tad shitty.
>>
>>24554585
Take some xanies and get on it, 10 pages is nothing, make sure to include lots of stupid graphics and shit.
>>
>>24555579
if you're a male, ganbatte.

if you're a female, you'll prob fit in
>>
>grad schools apps due Dec. 15
>haven't started filling them out yet

Hold me. I'm gonna spend all of Sunday filling this shit out and pasting together my writing sample and personal statement.

Any Americlaps that have done this before? It's not some hours long process for each one, is it?
>>
>>24555665
i went to phd at northwestern. its e z. just do it.
>>
File: image.png (441 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
441 KB, 640x1136
>>24555602
>Xanax for schoolwork
>>
>tfw can't do any serious work without having a panic attack
i don't real life very well
>>
>>24554585
Yes, but are you likely to be able to get a clinical diagnosis for Sunday? Better to just negotiate with prof.
>>
>>24554585
Interestingly enough, yes going to SS can give you extensions
it can get you out of school too
>>
>>24555547
I'm not
>>24555318
>>24555418
>>24555492
but do you feel that after all this time the work you put into becoming a doctor was worth it? It makes me sad to hear that there are so many shallow people in medicine, I just want to help people ;_;
Also, are there any nurse anesthetist out here? How do you like it?
>>
File: sdas.gif (2 MB, 500x251) Image search: [Google]
sdas.gif
2 MB, 500x251
>>24554767
I agree but it happens so often that I've come to get used to it. It's frustrating as shit bust your ass on a paper and someone who slacked off gets an extension buts I guarantee you someone's doing it in op's class. Whats even worse is that they get brownie points for overcoming a struggle when you worked harder.

And its always the same people in my school, here's the all stars

>Foreign student that contributes nothing in group work but then asks for an extension on individual assignments since "he no speak English"

>Slutty, pill popping bitch who brings alcohol to class but is chatty so all teachers love her

>Girl who's genuinely ok but always puts shit off because she knows can get away with it

Let the jadedness consume you
>>24554743
Good luck anon
>>
I wrote a 10 page final paper on the Opium Wars the night before and got an A- on it for an International Relations class. Get your books and write.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.