[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucking hate uni culture and students so much. >lol these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19
File: campusLife.jpg (153 KB, 710x345) Image search: [Google]
campusLife.jpg
153 KB, 710x345
I fucking hate uni culture and students so much.
>lol these lectures are so boring amirite
>nope I haven't done the reading this week, like who does that? haha
>got so fucked last night, going clubbing again today mate
>haha I'm so poor, I can't even afford real food and basic commodities! unilife
>but I think I'll order another domino's tonight and then go out and spend 50 quid and then complain how poor I am, it's not like my parents help me pay rent or anything
>I need to get laid so much, haven't had sex in like a month I'm such a loser
FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEE
I thought I wouldn't have to witness this kind of shit at a russel group uni. I thought this whole culture was a meme made up by American movies

I'm really glad I didn't get a place in halls like I wanted at first and ended up staying home, would probably an hero after my first year
>>
Which uni is this? Sounds similar to mine (Brum).
>>
>>24554376
Any uni
>>
At mine everyone is really fucking anti-social and people hardly talk to each other. It's so hard to make friends, fuck.

People only talk amongst themselves in one of my classes, and its two guys talking about really detailed tech stuff for Street Fighter, and two major christfags talking about volunteering church shit all the time.

Everyone else is dead silent.
>>
>>24554376
Southampton tbqh
>>
>>24554463
Most people make friends through societies/sports clubs/uni accommodation as opposed to classes.
>>
>>24554463
Sounds like a great fuckin place.
>>
File: garyshrug.png (242 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
garyshrug.png
242 KB, 500x382
Sheffield master race reporting in. To be fair reading is for faggots if your first year doesn't count towards your degree. I'm getting 60+% in pretty much all my tests and doing the absolute minimum amount of work so I don't give a fuck. will catch up on reading during holidays.
>>
I'm a poor neet and I also cant stop myself from ordering something nice at times

(not that dominos is nice)
>>
>>24554548
>reading is for faggots
well fuck me for actually being interested in my field of study
>>
File: 1340404987544.png (41 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
1340404987544.png
41 KB, 291x300
>>24554358
Compsci here and we got a few people making mad dosh in the stock market.
My greatest regret is turning the computer lab into hipster's sancturary.
>become lab manager
>getting paid too much for this shit
>use earnings to buy food, coffee, tea for fellow compsci majors
>attempt to simulate rumored Google working environment
>food disappears at the speed of sound
>that one poor kid who takes EVERYTHING
>people coming in drunk because "you're our safe zone Anon"
>skate boards and bikes everywhere in one room
I seriously hate that poor kid. He has his own lunch but doesn't eat it and eats my stuff instead. Sometimes he just eats half of my shit and throws it away. To add insult to injury he doesn't clean up after himself and just leaves his trash after eatting my shit. Warned the motherfucker 3 times. He is also (undocumented but through majority consensus) autistic. Takes one guy to ruin a good thing. He also steals food from other people.
>>
>>24554493
Shit man, I got just short of the grades they wanted and ended up going to Sussex instead. I go to a couple of clubs once a week and have a few acquaintances there but otherwise I spend all my time in class or in my dorm playing vidya.
>>
>>24554732
>being surprised by autists in compsci
>>
>>24554519
Ahhh well I grew up and still live in the town my uni is in so no point in me living in dorms.

Also I cannot into sports and all the clubs are shit.

>>24554521
It's depressing.
>>
>Lol I have no time to do anything because I'm studying all the time
I hate it when people says this because its a fucking bachelors, not a med school degree. People say this just to sound like they're good students.
>>
>>24554358
If you're a robot and don't want to change that in uni then the best thing is not engage or even think about any of this shit. Work hard, keep yourself to yourself, finish your degree without fucking around repeating any years or taking time out and then move on with your actual life.

Fuck, uni was the worst time in my life. I hated every moment there.
>>
im 30 years old and going to uni next year, im hoping i dont have to put up with this garbage.

im going there to study not discuss how rad your night was getting drunk with your mates.
>>
>>24554783
But atleast some autists know to keep their hands off other people's stuff. This guy is just an absolute shithead + autistic all in one.
>his first semester
>got on the table
>striped into his underwear
>started shaking his hips
>while in class
>>
>>24554795
even if i had gone to the uni in my town i'd still have moved into dorms, getting out of home and living on your own is part of the experience man.
and as i mentioned, it effectively forces you into friendships, unless you're really unlucky with who you end up living with.
isn't there any club/society that catches your interest?
>>
>>24554824
jesus christ do you go to a university or a fucking preschool?
seriously, which fine institution allowed someone like that through its application process?
>>
>>24554358

>tfw people who allegedly never study or do the readings get top marks

Is there a normie conspiracy?
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>tfw probably going to the university of maryland aka peasant normie city

I really fucking hope I get into Georgetown or UVA senpai but I dont think it's gonna play out that way

UMD is so fucking trashy. People just drink and smoke weed all day it is really obvious they dont care about education they just need a reason not to live with their parents
>>
File: 1389565186058.jpg (23 KB, 502x460) Image search: [Google]
1389565186058.jpg
23 KB, 502x460
Who goes to /communitycollege/ here?
>>
>>24554864
This fucker has a 4.0 GPA because he is asian.
>>
>>24554900
why would you even bother?
if you can't make it in academia why wouldn't you go straight into the real world?
>>
>>24554864
Probably the poor demographic requirement for that oh so lovely diversity
>>
>>24554887
I think they just say that to relieve the pressure on themselves as if proving to themselves that they dont need to worry is best expressed by getting others to say they do the same thing. They all do theyre work.
>>
>>24554835
Well I did consider dorms just for one semester at least so I can say I've done it (I'm weirdly sentimental and do weird "life" things that "everyone" does) so I might do it next year.

During the club presentations in the cafeteria I had to work cuz I'm a wagekek too. Most of the clubs I saw afterward kinda suck and are really disorganized.
>>
>>24554819
Sorry to tell you but I hear 30 - 35 year olds still bragging about how fuckin drunk they got last night in my classes....
>>
>>24554900
Probably most of us. Why pay over twice as much for the first two years of the same thing but with more social interaction if your not a normie?
>>
>>24554919
Because two years of that saves money. A lot of money, and you can live alone.

Its really not about making it in academia
>>
>>24554916
ah fair enough, why not just start hanging out with members of the class outside of class, without inviting him?

>>24554920
>rich people are never stupid
it's the wealthiest people I know at uni who are invariably the stupidest thick cunts, desu
>>
>>24554959
Woah now you booty blasted poorfag. This kid sounds like a dumbfuck but because hes poor he filled in a diversity requirement. I don't know how you got "all poor people are dumb" from that.
>>
it's why i quit uni, can't stand the "YEAHH LETS GET FUCKED UP MATEEEEEEE" drinks 3 beers and throws up everywhere,
>>
>>24554931
oh i get you entirely, i'm similar. spending the year in dorms was that for me. more often than not you end up with cool people, with at least some common interests and good bants. definitely do it next year, although most of the people in the dorms will be freshers while you'll be a second year, which people can find a little awkward (usually not though, don't worry)

ah that's fair enough. could always try going to just one anyway if its about something you really enjoy, but desu i don't really go to any society/club things either.
>>
>>24554919
Well in my case:
>local community college is honestly 5 mins away
>the program i'm aiming for is well credited and reputable, so no need to transfer to an actual uni
>got a $10 per hour job on campus
>cheap classes, get paid in full from financial aid
>>
>not going through all summer classes to finish your shit early
>>
>parents saved for my education planning on a 4 year program and telling me i'd probably need to get loans/work to support myself on top of it
>say fuck you to a bullshit psychology degree, go into trades
>1 year program at cheaper college
>less than a quarter of what they expected
>agree to pay for rent/groceries
>still working on weekends to save money, don't want to buy beer with what's supposed to be rent
>7 days on, 0 days off
>despite slipping behind in classes, still easily above 70% of the kids
>listen to them bitch and moan about "unfair" tests on course material they "only got 6 days to study for" and still somehow failed
>listen to them bitch and moan with jealousy about how i'm the smartest guy in the world because i can calculate incredibly simple electrical circuits quickly
>watch them piss away their parent's money on cars, expensive clothing, and bar nights

whenever i feel guilty about getting an easy ride, i make myself feel better by looking at my classmates
>>
>>24554358

Sounds like university of Manchester
>>
>>24554819
>be me preparing for a seminar, reading up on the topic and doing notes and shit
>go to seminar, get put into a discussion group with some stacies
>they just talk about sex and what clubs are worth going to most
>time to answer as a group to the rest of the class
>anon you should do the talking since you've got all these notes :-)
this sort of shit is normal so don't get your hopes up
>>
>>24554979
oh haha i'm tired and not interpreting certain things properly lmao i apologise
not even that poor to be entirely non-facetious
>>
Is it worth trying to get a gf in uni or are they all whores? I'm reserved so I want to wait for sex and won't date a girl who isn't doing the same. What are my odds?
>>
>>24555017
mate it's all universities, because it's most young people, myself included to tell the truth.
>>
>>24554959
I can't because it's a designated workplace for everyone to use.
>computer lab
>>
>>24555051
I've met some of the loveliest girls I've ever met at university. Some will be experimenting and exploring their sexuality, especially in freshers week, but certainly not all, if that promiscuity is something that would turn you off.
But as I say, you meet some great people at university, whole new characters you couldn't have imagined being friends with before, if you go to a good uni.
>>
>>24555051
it depends but there should be some quiet autistic qts on your course, on mine there are like 2 or 3 that I spotted but I'll never muster up the courage to talk to them
>>
>>24555059

The culture is such bollocks, half the chads behave like it's still secondary school and are riding off their dwindling popularity. Fucking can't wait to leave.
>>
>>24554358
>got so fucked last night, going clubbing again today mate
Confirmed Australian.

Only people at shit tier universities and or shit tier degrees act like this
>>
>>24555096
well I'm almost 10 weeks in and I can't make new friends or even talk to anyone, I don't really care tbqh
>>
>>24555134
yeah a lot of it seems like frat culture which is disgusting, but if you avoid the people like that (generally the rugby clubs etc) then there are a lot of great people to meet; they just aren't as vocal or arrogant as the ones you're complaining about so you don't see them (at my institution, anyway)

>>24555148
my uni is considered the 20th top uni in the world and people act like this there ffs
>>
>>24555162
new semester new start desu man, especially if there's anything like a refreshers week.
i didn't really have any real friends after my first semester, but then something just clicked in second semester i know some people who haven't felt they have any real friends until second or third year, even. don't lose hope!
>>
>>24554992
I'll technically be 3rd year but in reality 2nd year since I didn't take a full courseload the first 2 years. It's gonna be a catch up year before I go into my program really.

I'll just tell people I'm second year. Hopefully they won't think it's weird that I'll be 23
>>
>visited top tier chad friend who goes to uni today
>tells me some story from when he was drunk
>tells me how he drinks all the time
>tells me how easy it is to get girls in college, implies it would be like that for me aswell
>tells me about how he fucks a lot

He is my ticket to become a normie, but I don't think I can go to the same uni as him
>>
>>24555773
>I'll technically be 3rd year but in reality 2nd year since I didn't take a full courseload the first 2 years
you mixed it up sempai
you're technically a second year because your credits aren't enough to be recognized as a third year
but in reality you're a third year because it's your third year at uni
>>
>>24554463
Sounds likena fucking dream.
>>
>>24554887

They're doing one of the following
>cheating
>patronizing you
>lying to seem cool
>>
>>24555910
Right. Fuck.

Oh well. I'm content just pretending I've been there the normal amount of time.
>>
>>24555023
in that situation why wouldnt you say can we please focus on what we need to do..i dont think i could control myself if people were just talking shit and we actually had work to do, especially if its a bunch of women.
>>
>>24554548
Every goddamn week in Sheffield its people talking about going corp, getting blue pints and fingering in the smoking area.

It's shite.
>>
>>24556213
yeah I'll give you that. the diamond is pretty nice though, 87 million well spent

been to taco bell yet?
>>
>>24554463
umbc?
>>
>>24555014
this is how i live everyday
>>
>>24554358
Western young culture*

You literally have the Jews to thank

No but seriously, it's a mixture of nigger culture mixed with commercialization that has made this kind of behaviour desirable. Children have no role models except the latest pavement ape singing some meme song about ice cool drinks, fly shoes and car tires, maybe if they're lucky they could look up to Taylor swift and fantasize about having a bunch of failed relationships. It's fucked and it can only get worse, especially in an age where more and more kids are being raised by the internet
>>
Dormfag here. Been stuck living in campus all these years because I haven't made one friend to room with. Tried to get involved in organizations but the ones that matched my interests either wanted money or were overrun with tumblr/reddit-tier filth like trannies and actual fedoras. Pretty much either go to the gym or shitpost all day on here now.
>>
When I signed up to halls I ticked a box to say "prefer a quiet flat"

I got put in with 5 foreign exchange students right up on the 11th floor. It was great - they were humble and didn't talk much apart from this one Viatnamese guy who used to have the noisiest fucking skype conversations at 3 AM. He seriously spoke 10 times louder in his native tongue than in English.
>>
File: 1435803662998.jpg (80 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
1435803662998.jpg
80 KB, 1333x900
>>24554358
>Dad works his ass off so that I can go to school
>Haven't missed a single class
>Take notes every lecture
>Do every assignment
>Hear my fucking classmates piss and moan about how much work they have to go and how unfair the class is
>Same class mates constantly boast about getting 'lit' all the time and coming to class high
mfw I hear them throwing away their life and the opportunities they were given
>>
>>24558914
And they will probably still get firsts. uni is a breeze, chill out fampai
>>
File: 1438305925237.jpg (10 KB, 183x251) Image search: [Google]
1438305925237.jpg
10 KB, 183x251
>>24559323
this to be really honest with you familia
>you unironically think that getting a job is about uni
its about your social contacts retard.
>>
>>24558728
Try joining shit you wouldn't think you'd be interested in. I did some bullshit volunteering thing and met a few alright people
>>
I don't do the reading because I'm addicted to shitposting and video games and I can't stop.
>>
>>24554358
I don't even bother with lectures, they're so boring.
I never do the homework unless I have to.
I go clubbing twice a week
I'm loaded.

>tfw no gf

Uni life is fun, just let it happen.
>>
>>24554358
>lol these lectures are so boring amirite

They really are though.

Watch as I clownishly read off this slide at a glacial pace.
>>
OP, that's why you do some autistic STEM degree. All the slackers drop out after the first one or two semesters.
>>
>>24554358
What uni OP? I'm in kcl and it's not that bad but I wouldn't really know considering I go back home immediately after class
>>
Tertiary education is a pretty inefficient way to learn.
Lectures + course notes + text books => assignments and exams.

It's a dumb model. Might as well get retarded drunk and piss it all away.

You and I can learn more from discussing topics online, sharing links and videos and debating ideas. Seriously, you can! Sitting on an internet forum and throwing your ideas against another Anon is actually a decent way to learn about a topic and gain some depth from hearing views of others expressed and allowed to be tested against yours purely on merit of the contents of the post.
>>
>>24559767
>clubbing
Went last night with mates, I ran out of money after 3 shots and a pot of beer and didn't feel drunk and didn't get any good vibes from the place at all so I left alone after an hour and had to walk 3 hours home from the city cold, hungry, tired and disappointed. Do I have to be on Molly to have fun there?
>>
>>24559863
this is actually good advice. OP, go join the other studious misanthropes with bad social skills in STEM and savor your career decision.
>>
>>24559851
I honestly have no idea how people learn from lectures
I end up not learning anything and then reading the textbook
I just go because I want to feel like I'm paying $20k a year for something more than just a degree
>>
I'm way too fucking anxious to go to class all the time. All those people there being... People. I like to stay on top of my class material and shit because I went back to school to learn shit. However, I've been mega depressed past couple months so I've missed tonnes of class and now I just end up cramming for an exam the night before. Which for me, like tonight, means teaching myself 3 weeks worth of material in an evening. I'm first year tho, so while the pressure's on it's doable. I just don't like it because I know none of it's gonna stick and I'm just doing it for the sake of a passing grade which is... Depressing. But yea, fuck uni culture. It's weird and for the birds. I'm here to learn!! Unfortunately, that lumps me into the same category as people who are "here to save the world!!"
>>
>>24554358
Bro I just want you to know I feel this SO HARD and I'm so lonely in this HUGE campus and it makes me feel so much better that others feel this way
>>
>>24560009

You just need a good professor. I'm going to community college and we seem to have a high concentration of retired academics who had to start teaching again 'cause recession so that's nice. Seasoned old farts who know what they're talking about and hope they spark some kind of interest in you but really don't expect it because they've been doing this long enough to know better
>>
>>24559978
I don't think you "get" clubbing to be honest.
Just go out, dance and talk.

You don't even need to drink, if you're at a decent club.
>>
>>24554358
>I need to get laid so much, haven't had sex in like a month I'm such a loser

almost graduate here. if only I could say getting laid just once during my university years but nope, reality/life says fuuuugg youuuu to my face.

that line from you must be from a girl. I don't know any dude who's getting laid or they just don't talk about it.
>>
>>24554919
It's smarter to go to community college for 2 years and complete most of your GE requirements for your chosen major. You can even get an associates degree then transfer to a University. So you tell me, what would a smart person do? Spend more money to get one degree or spend less money for the same classes and you get a 2nd degree?

I did two years of Community College and finished with a degree/certifications to be an auto-mechanic. Which is what I do now that I transferred to a University. I make $25/hr while my classmates are all retail slaves making $10/hr.
>>
My school is different from a lot of others: overwhelmingly male, nerdy, and ethnically diverse. The student body seemed like a bunch of redditors. It was insufferable.
>>
>>24555773
>I'll just tell people I'm second year. Hopefully they won't think it's weird that I'll be 23

Nah man don't worry about it. All the freshmen will think it's cool because you'll be the older dude who can buy alcohol and shit. Play it up and fuck all the 18 year old pussy.
>>
>>24560133
I wanted to dance and enjoy it but I couldn't. It was too loud, the "bangers" didn't make me want to move at all, the employees were rude and intimidating and I can't dance and have no charisma at all.
>>
File: 1381544431702.jpg (27 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
1381544431702.jpg
27 KB, 290x350
>>24554358

>yet another 18 year old bitch fest tirade on /r9k/ from a person who is getting acquainted with the world

Yes, we know. You find it difficult to empathize with people who don't spend weeks at a time locked up in their room. I prefer solitude by am not a cynical faggot because I recognize people like doing shit that I'm not interested in. People have different interests, for better or for worse.
>>
>>24560236
Stop going to shit clubs
>>
>>24560236
How about you go to a decent club, then?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=cYkb2nKnZWE
>>
I wish more people would get drunk at my school.
Everyone acts like a tiny businessman here.
>>
File: image.png (391 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
image.png
391 KB, 1024x887
>>24554358
No I hear you OP. I dropped out of college when I was 19 and started working, just because I found it to be so fucking unbarably obnoxious.

I went back to college when I was 23 in the adult program. WAY BETTER. People are WAY CALMER, more mature, and actually there to benefit their careers.

When your like 18 in college, kids act completely insane. Their twitchy, nervous, hyper, not focusing on their work, I don't even think they know why they're in college.

The college system is fucking stupid. Kids are not ready to go live in a dormitory together. It makes them too nervous/depressed, even if they don't realize that their nervous/depressed.
>>
>>24560236
Not him but all clubs are like that in my country.
>>
>>24560300

This. Honestly it's just being patient. Just fucking nut up, wait it out, let the others drop out and filter out the good individuals who are there to graduate.
>>
Living in a dorm at uni was the best thing I ever did.

There are plenty of ugly asocial freaks just like you, great way to meet friends.
>>
>>24560295
drinking is fucking stupid
>>
>>24554358
agreed, except that i spent all of undergrad (and now grad) at mommy's house
so many lazy entitled shits
>>
>>24554887
there is, yes. it's called old exams. normies share them with each other and study just a couple hours per exam. you and i have to study ten, twenty, thirty hours a week.
>>
>>24560394
It was terrible for me. I just stayed in bed all day crying. People were just loud and obnoxious every Thursday and Friday.
>>
>>24554358
>boring lectures
We have a few interesting or relevant ones, the last one, the teacher reads his book (yes his written book). Less than 15 people show up for that class, out of more than 100-130 still enrolled.

>reading
>partying
>copying homework
I hate normalfags so much. Literally half the grades in the class are copyable (homework, labs) and then homework itself is a 10 hour+ timesink. I can't blame them for wanting to copy but actually copying is just faggotry. Literally had a bitch Indian kid tell me "oh just ask your friends" "I can't, anyone I ask is busy and doesn't want to study" "lol just make more friends then"

>I'm so poor
I am poor you autistic nigger. I literally work hand to mouth, and my parents have to help pay for my food. Literally without a car you can't get an even part-time job, and if someone doesn't pay for your first car you aren't getting a job. I HAVE TO COOK MY OWN MEALS EVERY FUCKING DAY NORMALFAGS GET OUT I HATE YOU ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHH

>ask out two women
>one is socially anxious, looks like she's gonna piss herself if there's more than five people in a room
>she has a boyfriend, car, lives with parents
>second woman is 29, going back to college after she couldn't get a job with first degree
>of course she lives with parents, has a boyfriend and car
EASY MODE TURBO SLUTS DIE DIE DIE
>>
>>24560680
You're an autistic, so-close-to-completely-worthless embarrassment to mankind.
>>
>>24560201
I went to CC, took me a while (fuck English and Speaking). I wish I went to uni first. My CC was leaps and bounds better, so much so my worst teacher at CC is the average teacher at uni, except at CC the class had eight people and he actually went over shit in class. One of the differences I wish existed was we had some online homework for maths, but there was no, NONE, ABSOLUTELY NO regular book work required. "Homework is for you, not me."
>>
>>24560766
I'm not autistic at all. My dorm room just worked to exacerbate my depression.
>>
File: not mad.jpg (78 KB, 381x500) Image search: [Google]
not mad.jpg
78 KB, 381x500
>uni normie
>party every weekend
>get laid every now and then
>cook good food for myself
>even live in my own studio apt (t-thanks mom and dad)
>don't need a car because where I live you can get everywhere by bike easily and no one has a car anyways
>study relevant stuff
>getting decent grades
>doing different stuff with the student body
>tfw

Get rekt nerds
>>
>>24556613
Only been to that taco bell once and all I got were some shitty nachos
>>
>>24554358
i think youre underselling halls mate, its actually a pretty unique experience that youve missed out on. some of the people ive met there are the closest irl b/tards i could ever hope to autism with
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 640x1136
>>24554358
I hate them so much
>>
>>24554819
I'm 30 next year, mostly been a NEET since I was 19 and been contemplating going to Uni but I dont want to be that creepy old guy.
>>
>>24560475
It's mostly fun.
>>
>>24554376
U going fab tonight m8?
>>
File: 1369628292398.jpg (127 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1369628292398.jpg
127 KB, 504x470
>tfw no discipline to study
>>
>>24554493
Join the dodgeball club there, it's full of robots and cyborgs, pretty comfy desu
>>
>>24560643
That's bullshit and you know it. There are plenty of normies who are able to balance degeneracy with their studies, and they have to work just as hard to get top grades.
>>
WHO /NEWCASTLE/ HERE?
>>
>>24554358
/trade school/ master race checking in.
>>
>>24560643
Don't the the teachers change the exams?
In my country anyone can get a hold of old exams but it's never enough with just a few hours.
>>
>>24561002
>party every week
>still kv
>>
File: alone.jpg (52 KB, 484x255) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
52 KB, 484x255
>tfw alone in lecture and group assignments
>>
>>24562762
>not sitting alone in important lectures
>>
>>24562762
sitting alone in lectures feels good tbqh
in one of my lectures there's always this one guy who somehow thinks he's my friend and talks to me about clubbing and shit, fucking hate him but I don't want to be rude and tell him to fuck off
>>
File: 1359218039612.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1359218039612.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
honestly it took me all of five minutes at my uni to find out were the nerds hang out. I then befriended them and started fucking all their women. I'm just an average as fuck looking dude too, but when you hang out with pizza face weirdos who don't cut their hair or shower your average self looks like a stud.
>>
>>24554463
Waterloo?
Best place to be a robot
No school spirit at all.
No one tries to talk to me.
Gud stuff
>>
>>24562530
is this true? I'm only in engineering societies right now, I'm not OP though ;)
>>
File: 1432669193779s.jpg (10 KB, 223x225) Image search: [Google]
1432669193779s.jpg
10 KB, 223x225
>>24554887
>tfw never study or read
>always ace tests
we do exist.

my gpa is in the trash since I never do homework, though.
>>
File: url.jpg (16 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
16 KB, 221x228
>all my core classes were filled with females
>all my CIS classes were filled with redditors
>all my CS classes were filled with incompetent shits who probably belonged in CIS

fuck university. Everyone said it would be better than high school. it sucked ass.
>>
>>24555017
I graduated from there this year. You're falling into the trip of assuming that 95% of people are like OP's post, at uni 50% of people are feigning being normalfags by pretending that they're partying all the time but are actually not doing their work because they're unhappy/not enjoying their degree. A large chunk of the other 50% are somewhat like you, depressed and just getting on with uni, having nobody to speak to because they didn't go to any of the societies and didn't mesh with a cliquey group during Freshers.

Just remember, it's never too late to go and join something as shitty as the vidya society or a sport's club. Manchester's vidya society (which I only went to a couple of times out of curiosity) was actually full of relatively normal people, maybe not chads or even normies, but at least could pretend to be fairly well adjusted on average.
>>
>>24554358
I'm really glad I didn't cave in to pressure and go straight to uni after graduating. I hated high school, I hated being surrounded by people, I hate normie culture.

Instead, I got a job (my 3rd job), and i'm just working and making money. I'm with my parents so i don't have any expenses at all. I'm watching my bank account accumulate more and more money while I see on facebook all the rest of my graduating class is constantly whining and complaining and stressed.

I don't have to interact with many people, I can afford anything I want, I'm very happy right now.

My primary goal in life right now is to achieve this exact same situation, but in my own place with no roommates. I'm considering trade school. Or military, if I can get in (they disqualified me for health reasons earlier).

The idea of being at uni makes me sick, I can't even imagine it. I feel like I would hate my life living in dorms, I would hate being in huge debt, I would hate depending on my parents for food or clothing and everything.

Right now, even if my parents for some reason kicked me out, I would be able to sustain myself. That feels good.
>>
I don't think people have sex that much at uni. At least the dudes don't. I lived with 2 separate groups of people over the 3 years and none of them ever brought a girl back.
>>
>>24563951
>A large chunk of the other 50% are somewhat like you, depressed and just getting on with uni, having nobody to speak to because they didn't go to any of the societies and didn't mesh with a cliquey group during Freshers.

That was me throughout uni. I pushed through and graduated this year with a 2.1 at least. Ended up going back to do a masters because i've no fucking idea what to do for a job (got a useless history degree and doing a masters in history now too, so stupid). Got like 1 friend who lives over 100 miles away so i don't do much really, 'cept uni.

just fuck my shit up family
>>
iTS FUCKING EVERYWHERE I live in a fucking bum country called portugal and even here normies have the same exact culture
>>
>>24564293
From what i've seen, a very small selection of guys gets laid frequently, and then the majority of dudes get laid very few times (like maybe once or twice), and then a smaller but not insignificant amount of guys don't get laid at all.

I can't comment on the girls, but I know they could get laid any amount they want, basically.
>>
>>24563605
I was skeptical too, but after you cut through them attempting to behave like normies, you actually discover that a good many of them browse /r9k/ and are all robots or cyborgs- I know 12 that have stated that they do. The treasurer and the president play vidya together and are pretty chill, most of the inner circle of committee are robots bar the vice president and the social secretary who are normalscum with girlfriends. The club tried this year to get more girls to join so all the robots could interact with them, dodgeball society there is basically one massive robot support group. They failed and hardly any girls stuck around, but it shows their mindset. It's a secret robot community hiding in plain normie sight.
>>
File: gensokyocertificateofexcellence.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1874) Image search: [Google]
gensokyocertificateofexcellence.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1874
>>24559968
While this is true, companies have no other way to assess your responsibility and ability to cope with stress if you don't have a degree. You might be smart and propose innovative ideas, but if you aren't some world-class genius they prefer to rely on a paper that says "i did my homework and was able to cope up with demanding professors for at least 4 years straight".
>>
File: dff.png (61 KB, 1236x652) Image search: [Google]
dff.png
61 KB, 1236x652
>>24564241
>I hate normie culture
Actually I take that back. I like some things about it. I can admire it from a distance, but I don't have the personality for it, and there's some serious flaws about it. I understand the appeal, and I like the way it brings people together, but I don't like the superficial and manufactured aspects of it. The fake friendships, the hedonism, the lack of empathy at times, the lack of individualism, the arrogance, the casualness, the consumerism, the obsession with status and most of all: the narcissism.

It certainly has its charm, but only on the surface. On a deeper level, it's a bit fucked.
>>
File: 98450349.jpg (196 KB, 1148x841) Image search: [Google]
98450349.jpg
196 KB, 1148x841
>Check out my uni's societies
>It actually just exists
Thought it was just a meme, anyone ever been in one of these?
>>
>>24564538
full of complete sperglords, don't bother
>>
>>24564538
My uni had a left-handed society. Where I guess they sat around talking about how difficult it is to use scissors
>>
>>24564538
mine was full of sperglords and smelly people. had a lot of overlap with the fighting game club, which was also full of sperglords and body odor. you should see if your uni has something for roleplaying games, or wargames, shit like DnD. I was the president of mine in uni and it was a ton of fun.
>>
>>24564538
If you REALLY REALLY like anime and go on /a/ and shit, they'll still feel like normies to you. If you don't mind being friends with people who are a little awkward and are into anime and Japanese shit, you'll have a good time.

I didn't join mine because I think I'm too cool. My university is in a downtown city in Canada, though. I don't know how fringe-tier it would be in your area. Give it a shot if you're lonely or just want to start your social network. If you already have a group of friends you might just want to stick around with them.
>>
>>24561941

it depends how old you look. i'm 33 and everytime i tell someone that they don't believe me, but i look at least 5-10 years younger than i actually am. i'm at community college now though so it's not weird being older. there are plenty of older people in classes. next year when i transfer to SUNY it might be a little different.

honestly i'm a failed normie/recovering drug addict but going back to school has been a really positive step for me after spending 8 years alone in my room just getting fucked up on opioids. i've actually made some friends and talked with cute 18 year old girls and stuff and they aren't even freaked out by the fact that i'm a 33 year old ex-junkie.
>>
>Tfw going to Uni next year
>Freshers week sounds like utter hell

I thought retaking a year would make things easier
>>
>>24561941
>>24564942
27 year in uni here. You will have people joking about your age.

People often get my age wrong and think I'm 22 at the oldest. Personally I think I look my age at best. I thinks its because I act young in front of them, do that. Don't tell them your age and they'll form an opinion about how old they think you are rather than how old you are.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.