[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You are a late bloomer I wouldn't be a late bloomer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: holding-Soda.png (121 KB, 261x325) Image search: [Google]
holding-Soda.png
121 KB, 261x325
>You are a late bloomer

I wouldn't be a late bloomer if I wasn't raised by a immature single mom.
>>
>blaming someone else for your own failure
>>
>>24552974
>b-but it's my mom's fault

Sure thing.
>>
Why would you blame your mom for that?
>>
File: kekm8.jpg (14 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
kekm8.jpg
14 KB, 250x240
>>24552990
>thinks robots are capable of accountability

nigga
>>
>>24552974
Well your mum did the best job she could, try and help a little or maybe just try and improve yourself. At least she's not calling you an unwanted failure (pro tip: you actually are)
>>
>>24552974
B8 major b8
>>
>>24552974
>It's everyone's fault but mine

Course.
>>
File: 1448503167648.gif (830 KB, 222x568) Image search: [Google]
1448503167648.gif
830 KB, 222x568
>>24553026

The only thing I'm accountable for is these dubs
>>
>>24552990
>your parents and how they raised you has no effect on how you turn out

One of the greatest moments ever was when my mom took my to a psychologist and he suggested that she was a large part of why I am the way I am. It all went downhill though when my mom refused to acknowledge his word.
>>
>>24552990
>>24553019
>>24553084

>implying other people can't have an influence on you

I had to deal with some of her baggage and multiple boyfriends. She made me her little baby till by time I was 14 I couldn't make decisions for myself and expected my mom to help me all the time.

>>24553037
Well she shouldn't of dated an alpha that pumped and dumped her. She tried to make another man my "paternal" father.
>>
>>24553187
>Implying your own lack of effort isn't still the major source of your failure.

I was raised by a single mum, but because I worked hard and I wanted to have a better life for me and my mum I ended up accomplishing things. You might have had a bad mum but you're still the central source of your failures and shortcomings.
>>
>>24553187
He's not denying that your parents don't have a tremendous influence on your upbringing. He is, however, pointing out that someone who blames their parents for everything going wrong in their lives is a failure. And he's right to say that.
>>
>>24553224
My brother was also raised by a single mother and he is fine but that is because my mom made the conscious decision to raise us differently. She left him alone and let him raise himself, try things, be independent. But she felt guilty for some strange reason (my brother is fine and never felt neglected) and so she did the opposite and was a helicopter mom to me.

Basically up to 19 she did everything for me, even when I told her and my brother told her to leave me alone and then suddenly I'm an adult and have to do everything on my own, make my own decisions. The psychologist basically agreed with this and said this happens a lot that people don't know how to make their own decisions thanks to this upbringing.

My point is that the problem isn't just single moms but single moms that make poor decisions raising children, which is a lot of them. Your mom likely raised you well so her being single is irrelevant in your situation.

I'm not blaming her for everything and I definitely take some responsibility especially since I am now aware of it but it is incredibly hard to reverse 21 years of coddling and suddenly becoming a "man"
>>
>>24553353
Typical mummy's boy response. You should taking initiative from an earlier age, you big iron hoof. We all know your like. "Oh my mummy coddled me" well don't pretend you didn't love not having to do a thing.
>>
>>24553409
Congratulations, typical normalfag response that is incapable of seeing things from a different point of view. Thanks for your hindsight advice.
>>
>>24553499
How typical again! 'Oh woe is me. I'm a robot. Nothin ever goes my way. Mummy tendies now!' I don't need your point of view because it's wrong. You're the source of your failures and you gotta fix them. And don't be listening to any shrink neither, they're only paid to tell you what you wanna hear.
>>
This thread got both extremes.
Some y'all blame everything on your dead beat crack head mommas and some of you pretend like having terrible influences has no effect on you what so ever.
>>
How is it not the parents fault? Literally how do normies go about defending this? A parent is responsible your life. It's pretty black and white. Where is the logic in saying anything should be a child's fault???
>>
>>24553587
>Where is the logic in saying anything should be a child's fault???

When that child becomes an adult and is responsible for themselves. You can choose to move past it, or cry about it and cast blame. It's pretty clear which one OP chose to do.
>>
>>24553587
Iron hoofs like you never understand the concept of initiative. You should start exercising it around 14. You know what I did when I turned 14? I got a part-time job in the local shop off the books for 75 quid a week and I learned responsibility.
>>
>>24553629

Nobody ever gave me a job.
>>
>>24553544
I never suggested it, the psychologist did, it was just something I had thought of before. I didn't pay the guy, it was my moms idea because of the way I am. If it were how you said it is, they would just say it is all my fault and make me pay for sessions to improve myself. The sad thing is how confident you are and how you are projecting on to me, as if I was completely unaccountable and blame my mom for everything. It's not like that but all you can come back with is "stop being a crybaby robot bitch your parents have nothing to do with how you come out!"

Ridiculous.
>>
>>24553629
>>24553612
I had great parents who've been married for 30+ years. I've been working since I was 16. How the hell are our parents not responsible for our existence? How is this logic flying right over you? There is literally zero reasons for humanity to continue.
>>
>>24553612

>keep an animal locked in a box for 3 years
>release into the wild
>gets eaten within a day
>HURR NOT MY FAULT
>>
>>24553669
>>24553685
>>24553716
Ah you're all a load of irresponsible iron hoofs.
>>
>>24553743
The animal doesn't have a society to learn from, you do. Although I'd say your lack of responsibility, accountability and initiative is animalistic. Maybe you're the missing link.
>>
>>24553743
Except you're not a stupid wild animal lacking sapience and resources. Try another shitty analogy.

>>24553716
>How the hell are our parents not responsible for our existence?

Except I've never said they weren't (up to a point), newfriend. Parents are responsible for their CHILDREN. Once that child becomes an adult, it's on you to make sure you can look out for yourself. If your response is to bitch and moan about how poorly your parents raised you, instead of overcoming it, you're a failure. Plain and simple.
>>
>>24553787
Do you really think this is clever? Just being in the presence of other people somehow teaches you to do things correctly?
>>
>>24553840
It should if you had any kind of intelligence about you!
>>
>>24553840
>Just being in the presence of other people somehow teaches you to do things correctly?

Yeah, it's not like humans are social animals, capable of passing down and disseminating knowledge. That would be absurd.
>>
>>24553915

>"excuse me sir how do I not be a fuckup?"
>"well the first thing you need to do is..."
>>
>>24553982
You learn by observing and interacting. If you hadn't been such an iron hoof baby you'd have learned by now.
>>
>>24553982
It's both funny and sad that you believe there are zero resources available for just that purpose.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.