[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be at Thanksgiving dinner >one 4 year-old is watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 234233445.jpg (28 KB, 638x573) Image search: [Google]
234233445.jpg
28 KB, 638x573
>be at Thanksgiving dinner
>one 4 year-old is watching something on a iPad
>get depressed thinking about how more and more families in the US raise their children with surrogate electronics instead of interacting with them through books and toys

What will this world look like in 20 years
>>
>tfw brother and I raised on books and toys instead of actual interaction
>both autistic as fuck
>bad parents will always be bad parents
>>
>be at All-Hallowes Eve Dining Event with The Family
>one 4 year-old Boy is Reading a Booke
>get Depressed thinking about how More and More Families in the 13 Colonies Raise their Children with Surrogate Bookes and Toyes instead of interacting with them through Religion

What will this World look like in 20 years
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (687 KB, 2720x1532) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
687 KB, 2720x1532
>>24553009

>what will this World look like in 300 years
>>
>>24552973
It's not too late to save him. Actually, it's too early. Get him on the right track once he's receptive.
>>
>>24553073

No his parents seem to be good, his grandma reads to him (I'm her nephew and she made me like reading). I guess they just supplement his playtime with time on the ipad. I just got sad thinking about a family where everyone is just on electronics all the time
>>
>>24553009
what was with capitalising words mid sentence back in ye olde days?
>>
>>24553109
That doesn't sound like the right track. He needs to become a Chad. It's easier that way.
>>
>>24553140
I think nouns and occasionally adjectives were capitalized.
>>
File: technology is bad.png (154 KB, 438x531) Image search: [Google]
technology is bad.png
154 KB, 438x531
>>24552973
>>24553140

iPads and tablets ARE books and toys you hipster, they're also computers and television screens and radios and all sorts of things.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (28 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
28 KB, 524x336
>>24552973
>be successful contractor
>have a nice business
>love my work
>have a beautiful wife
>her family is pretty normal except this one kid, well not a kid, he's 28 and lives with his parents and has been working on that same 4 year degree for seven years now
>my son has his iPad with him since he doesn't like watching all that holiday crap and he's the only one of his age range at Thanksgiving this year
>that 28 year old manchild keeps staring at him with grimace
>I got up to this kid and start talking
>he looks at me and tries to speak
>"Y-You should really sp-spend more time with your kid or play with them more Uncle Anon"
>I just laugh and tell him that it's just for now since my son didn't have anyone to talk to at the moment and he also needed some time to decompress
>this kid then mumbled something like "f-fukin selfish parents" and waddled off
>mfw there was an ass sweat stain on the couch where he was sitting
>>
File: train.jpg (66 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
train.jpg
66 KB, 800x551
>>24552973
DAE THINK LE SMARTPHONE AND IPAD ARE MAKING PEOPLE ANTI-SOCIAL AND DUMB????
>>
>>24553042
Nope, not fat enough.
>>
Has no one seen The Cableguy?
>>
>>24553374
Not in the last 12 years.
>>
File: nintenkid.jpg (43 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
nintenkid.jpg
43 KB, 900x900
>>24552973
>play with Nintendo a lot as a kid
>Nintendo grew up to be a big faggot

What the fuck man, you used to BE "home video games". Now you're a toy for manbabies who will buy a whole console just to play the next Mario.
>>
>>24553255
Meant to quote:

>>24553109

There is literally nothing wrong with "electronics"

It's fucking great that they're being exposed to computers at a young age. We didn't have a god damn computer in our house until I was 12 god damn years and we didn't get internet in hourse I was 17 cocksucking years old. Everyone my age is now working as some sort of programmer or network administrator and my parents think that I'm sort of underachieving wizard when I help them figure out the TV's remote when really I'm just slightly less retarded than them when it comes to technology.

Yes I'm mad, holy shit.
>>
>>24553438

What do you mean?

What exactly changed with Nintendo in the last 5 or 10 years or however long ago you were a kid?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.