[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What non-sexual benefits are there to gain from having a girlfriend/boyfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1369956453888.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
1369956453888.png
11 KB, 470x454
What non-sexual benefits are there to gain from having a girlfriend/boyfriend that a best friend can not give you?
>>
>>24550796
Well if you're doing it right (which most people don't, even normals) then your bf/gf is your best friend.

The media has taught us to have mostly an antagonistic relationship with our SO though.
>>
>>24550796
They're more likely to provide you with inconditional goods & services without immediately asking for something in return or being like OH YEAH DUDE WELL REMEMBER THE TIME I LENT YOU 20 DOLLARS AND YOU NEVER PAID ME BACK at a later time
>>
>>24550849
>OH YEAH DUDE WELL REMEMBER THE TIME I LENT YOU 20 DOLLARS AND YOU NEVER PAID ME BACK
A real best friend would never say that.
>>
>>24550796
>then your bf/gf is your best friend.

This. There are things I couldn't talk about with anybody else. You're much, much closer than with a platonic friend. Sex isn't just a goal to achieve, it is also a means to grow closer, anon.
>>
>>24550796
The goal is for your SO to be your best friend.
>>
>>24550796
having them with you every second of the day so you are never alone... i don't think a best friend wants to sleep with you and/or hug you for hours
>>
You cant impregnate your friends
>>
>>24550885
A robot wouldn't have a real best friend either
>>
Benefits:
Pays for food half the time.
Helps me clean house.
Cuddles.
Portable comfort zone. Like I can go anywhere with my gf and be comfy.

But now that I think of it, there's actually not that much.
>>
>>24550892
...this statement made me sad. .__.

I don't think of my SO as my best friend... I can barely talk to him. Is there a way of turning him into such? Or... no...
>>
>>24550796
Endless cuddles
>>
>>24551409

Don't dwell on it. That "SO being your best friend" is some huge bs. Friendship and relationship are completely different dynamics.
>>
If you have a good relationship your gf/bf is also your best friend.
>>
Motivation
>>
>>24551409
Your SO doesn't have to be your best friend and have the exact same interests as you. They just have to be your friend and respect that you do your own things at least.

Plus relationships work differently for different people. What's great for them might not be great for you and your SO.
>>
>>24551440
>implying girls don't cuddle with their friends
>>
Fair meme, friend. What shall we name it? I'm thinking Gerald
>>
File: No Idea.png (356 KB, 760x537) Image search: [Google]
No Idea.png
356 KB, 760x537
I never dated anyone in my 21 years of life, personally, I don't AT ALL feel bad about that. There is no reason other than procreation to marry or date anyway.
>>
>>24551487
Well, maybe I need it to be that way...
>>
>>24551642
People are very different in what they want from a relationship, like the other anon already said. There also needs to be some room for compromise if one needs more space than the other. But some people are simply not meant to be together. You got to figure that out for yourself.
>>
Constant reassurance. Endless cuddles. A plus one for work events which only allow you to bring your S/O. Warm fuzzies. Butterflies. Cozy general.
Ugh I was so strung out last night that I almost told my SO that I loved them. Close call.
>>
>>24550796
offspring, possibly financial security
>>
>>24551732
>I almost told my SO that I loved them

Why won't you say it? Not togther long enough?
>>
>>24551833
Yeah, we've only been dating eachother exclusively for the past 6 months. And he's a huuuuge commitment phobe. Don't wanna scare him off, he's honestly perfect.
>>
>>24551887
>6 months

I think I said it for the first time after about 2-3 months. I don't think I could have hold it in any longer.
>>
>>24551955
It'll probably slip out around Christmas. I'm just so scared that he won't say it back ;-;
Says things like
>If you meet my family
>>
File: asseenonreddit.jpg (78 KB, 637x431) Image search: [Google]
asseenonreddit.jpg
78 KB, 637x431
>>24551451
What the fuck do you willingly spend your free time with a non-friend for?

Your SO is supposed to be the friend you fuck. Do you really think hanging out with a pair of tits ? Stop being a delusional teenager. Sure, the dynamics are not the same but you must be a super normie with no ambitions in life if you really think being friends with your SO is something illogical and unattainable.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.