[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>24545038 Who never tried here ? I was pretty much on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 2ep7x-old-dying.jpg (32 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
2ep7x-old-dying.jpg
32 KB, 620x413
>>24545038
Who never tried here ?

I was pretty much on normie way in my 2nd year of high school (I was 15)... then moved out of town (just after having my first and only kisses) and rather shut myself to others during last year of high school (and felt awkward when I did not). Then spent 3 years in the Yuro equivalent of a community college in a class of 5 people. I was orbiting the girl I kissed with that whole time why she moved on with her life, like a pathetic shit.

I thought I was ok with my life but I realized it kept telling myself "it's gonna be better next year". Moved at the other side of the country in a normie major at 20. But didn't even try to go to parties, always refused to have a facebook, never tried my best to integrate, never asked a girl out, almost only talked to people when I was in the Uni, only did things I felt rather comfortable with, and didn't try to fix my mild social anxiety. Kept daydreaming about unrealistic shit to keep me floating.

Now at 23 I moved in another town where I know nobody for my last year of uni after working for 1 year. Thinking I would finally magically find good friends and a gf made me get through that last year. I'm forcing myself to go to every social event... but I sorta suck... far from autistic but still rather weird.

I have no fucking idea why it took me that long to wake up. I was a bit unlucky as I ended up in the worse place possible in senior high/uni, but mostly did terrible decisions. I'm baffled it took me that long to wake up. As always I had to wait that it was too late to realize how fucked I was. I try to stay positive as I'm only 23 but it would be lying to ignore that it's very late.

To young people who think their lonely or neet life is alright, it's not. Most lonely 25yo+ robots are absolutely miserable. Just do your best and keep trying. If you're still in high school chose your major/uni wisely and socialize. I'll have to deal with these regrets my whole life, don't do the same mistake.
>>
File: the end is Nye.jpg (89 KB, 757x567) Image search: [Google]
the end is Nye.jpg
89 KB, 757x567
>>24547635
>Most lonely 25yo+ robots are absolutely miserable

Can confirm. Avoidant personality disorder, not going to see my family for Thanksgiving today, and I'll be 25 next month.
>>
>>24547758
Same shit. Used to rationalize it with my few failures when I tried to socialize and some slight misanthropy.
>>
>>24547758
Btw I'm glad I don't have Thanksgiving... but Christmas will be miserable with my 2 parents. I'm so fucking ashamed of what I have become while they were always so supportive and tried to make me a better person and I always acted like a spoiled loner. Probably the worse feel, don't know if it's the same for you.
>>
File: image.gif (103 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
103 KB, 458x438
Why should I try, if I don't want to? I don't want to force myself into these social relationships, there is no sense to bother if it just doesn't come easy, by itself.
>>
>>24548457
I thought the same, parties suck I hate them etc... but getting through the difficulties and awkwardness and failures is the only way to go if you want to be decent socially and actually integrate yourself into a group and then actually have meaningful relationships with people inside that group. If someone ask you to go to his party and you say "no thanks brah" you just detach yourself from that person and other persons. And if you're still young you can probably get decent at this. And it's really easy to confuse 'further you comfort zone' and 'definitely not for me'.
Also parties or not, there were really interesting people I knew, and I didn't make the effort to push the relationship further by never iniciating anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 620x372
>>24548855
I mean, it's the same like if I didn't want to piss, but would actually try to do this despite my urinary bladder is as empty as inside of my skull. The problem is in abscence of urges to interact socially. I've been to several huge normie parties and small ones, but any social contact drains so much energy and sometimes I really feel alienated.
>>
>>24549175
I felt the same. I was perfectly content with listening to obscure music and talking to anons... but it was mostly my lack of confidence and thinking too fucking hard about what to say and how to act that drained my energy. And obviously a bit of introversion but mostly mental exhaustion. Realized that when I did ok at a small social gathering with people of my class this year. The thing is if you don't go to a party once people don't call you back. But if you go there you can manage to find a few new interesting people to talk to in isolated conversations etc... but I never did that. I always hated and will always hate the parties where everyone is drunk and loud though.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.