[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1441503778090.gif (489 KB, 289x180) Image search: [Google]
1441503778090.gif
489 KB, 289x180
What have you been dreaming about lately, /r9k/?
Do you keep a dream journal?
Do you lucid dream often? What are they normally about?
>>
File: Anointing-of-the-Sick.jpg (12 KB, 201x255) Image search: [Google]
Anointing-of-the-Sick.jpg
12 KB, 201x255
Dream started in a Catholic church, friends and family were around me. Then the priest started to began anointing of the sick. My family and friends all looked at me and started pushing me to the front to get blessed as I whispered to them I was not sick. I then had to kneel with a bunch of dying people and had oil washed over my head. It was not a nightmare but I didn't enjoy it in the slightest.
>>
>What have you been dreaming about lately, /r9k/?

Last night I woke up freaked out because I felt something hitting my face, like someone's coat.
I freaked out, jumped up and smashed the light switch.
The light momentarily flashed and then the bulb burned out.
Legitimately scared I loudly said "you've got to be fucking kidding me".

Then I realized my blanked had folded weirdly and fallen onto my face, and the lamp wasn't burned out, but I accidentally flipped the switch back to halfway off.

This was a rare occasion, and I actually enjoyed it, because it was the most interesting thing that happened all week.
I rarely dream. I prefer it this way.

My last realistic dream before this one involved sex and occurred weeks ago. It was also pretty enjoyable.
>>
Last night I had a very autistic dream.

I have an obsession with model planes and I was at a craft store and it was about to close but I couldnt pick the plane I wanted and I kept trying to stall them from closing as I made up my mind
>>
>>24547786
The good thing about sex dreams is that I always achieve a very intense feeling that I almost never achieve IRL.
The bad thing is that more often than not, they involve weird fetishes with weird creatures.
>>
Nightmares and dreams too weird to even describe. Like I killed someone and fraction got divided.
>>
>>24547531
I dream about non-existence
>>
>>24547531
Last night

>some sort of giant explosion or accident at the port of my city
>I'm apparently some sort of first-responder/deep sea welder
>Loads of containers and cargo trucks are floating (?) in the water
>I swim to one and undo the one giant screw holding the cargo container and truck together
>cargo sinks right to the bottom of the river
>news helicopter laughs at me

I guess it was a mix of me watching that one episode of Nichijou where Nano loses her screw in class, playing a bit of Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and I don't know what else.
>>
keep having dreams of being a mentor in different communities.
the first dream involved mentoring some kids at this restaurant I'd spend all day at, I'd teach them skills and help with become better people.
the second dream involved being a chef at a small college of 40, I'd also talk with them and be a shoulder they could lean on.
both dreams made me want to cry when I awoke, haven't been able to fill the void either left.
the worst part is that I'm a NEET shut-in with no education or skills and a general apathy towards life, why would someone like me dream of helping others in this way?
>>
File: Ambient-Wallpaper-HD.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ambient-Wallpaper-HD.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1200
>have the same dream every fortnight or so
>get stabbed
>always seems to be a different part of the body each time
what the fuck is happening to me?
>>
File: hard.jpg (47 KB, 667x645) Image search: [Google]
hard.jpg
47 KB, 667x645
>>24547531
Oh and one of my recurring dreams

>I am walking home, it's dark out, either late evening or midde of the night
>I somehow end up in this place in the yard of my elementary school, this dark corner around the the stairs to the second floor that was always dark and humid all day all year round, there was a fenced-off area where we would stuff our garbage
>somehow, people live there now and it;s been turned into some sort of apartment complex
>decide to head in
>it has a locker room/shower/bathroom
>have to piss
>the toilets and urinals are all....wrong
>the urinals are too high up or too small and the toilets are overflowing and the showers are all going off at once
>fuck it
>find a corner
>start pissing and pissing and pissing
>piss is bouncing off the floor and walls and splashing on my legs
>there's a huge puddle of piss and toilet water and shower water gathering at my feet, soaking my shoes and socks
>I am pissing so fucking hard still
>the drain on the floor is clogged
>I am blasting piss into a pool of boiling water gathering at my knees, I can barely see anything with steam gathering in the room
>people using the toilet-showers are now running out, scared for their lives
>my dick is now pissing wildly in every direction, like an unattended fire hose.
>steam turns to a thick blanket of fog/mist
>wake up
>I am SO disappointed that I didn't piss my bed.

what was even the point of that then
>>
>>24547531
I usually have stress dreams related to travel and relationships
>>
>>24547531

I keep a dream journal.

Heres an example. In some language class I meet a nice girl. And we are both shy, but somehow it is obvious that we are made for each other. People are even making jokes about us two because they know we will be a couple eventually. But then we are on a demo together and suddenly there are left wing extremists who are coming at us from behind. I try to warn the girl, I try to run towards her, but to late: Some of the guys have already beaten her to death. And I dont even attack the guys because I think it wouldnt make any difference.

Later Im being driven to my execution on a boat over a lake. And on the shore I suddenly see her again between some ancient Greek ruins. But Im being brought to the execution site. There some grenade goes off and I run away. And the rest is just running naked through the woods.
>>
File: 1438171479264.jpg (10 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1438171479264.jpg
10 KB, 249x249
>>24548601
Very peculiar, to say the least.
>>
>>24547531
I haven't had a dream (that I remember) since I started on antipsychotics. I don't know if that's a real side effect or not.

The last real dream I had was a few weeks ago. I took the train north to the big city, but I ended up in a really bad part of town. Some black people wanted to kill me, but I didn't really care about dying, so they left me alone because I was no fun.
>>
>>24548219
Thats pretty deep man
>>
File: donaldrich - Copy.png (95 KB, 273x271) Image search: [Google]
donaldrich - Copy.png
95 KB, 273x271
>>24547531
I used to lucid dream every night without fail. I can switch it on or off, its off at the moment. If I want to go back into lucid dreaming it just takes about a week of meditating while I fall asleep then it becomes an automatic thing again.

Latest lucid dream I had I was a wizard in a wizard battle, I won with the use of guided-throwing-dvds and short range teleport
>>
>>24549268
Other than that I remember every dream every night, that probably helps a lot
>>
>>24549268
>>24549284
wow, that sounds amazing
>>
I dreamt last night of a girl I'm having a crush on for over a year... I'm getting these dreams more and more often, which is getting quite depressing in a sort of way. It's always the same plot when I suddenly have the balls to ask her out on a date. In the beginning it was a funny feeling to have when I woke up because it felt really good that I had someone to care about, but when you get the exact same feeling over and over again you're starting to get desperate...
>>
>>24549415
iktf
I wake up with an excruciating feeling of regret
though deep down, I know all of this is just in my head, but I don't know how to let go of things
>>
I have to use atarax to sleep. I still take hours to fall asleep despite being dead tired but can sleep 8 hours without waking up after 2 hours and feeling anxious depressed like I used to. Well I can't really remember dreams except the weirder ones (like having a gf). But overall it feels more fragmented, clustered, and absurd.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.