[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The internet age brings great loneliness, but also resources and hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: khan.png (13 KB, 274x196) Image search: [Google]
khan.png
13 KB, 274x196
It's easier than ever to become super fucking educated, they've turned learning into a game. It's pretty legit. If you want to empower yourselves, there's hope for some of you, at least try b4 giving up!
https://www.khanacademy.org
>>
File: 1447266435793.jpg (107 KB, 399x482) Image search: [Google]
1447266435793.jpg
107 KB, 399x482
Khan academy is great for introducing new ideas to you, but it won't make you 'super funking educated', you need books for that
>>
Thank god for based Khan, I think he is one of the most incredible people to ever live. He could be making hundreds of thousands or millions working for some jew on Wall Street, but instead he is educating and giving hope to people all over the world. The guy deserves the Nobel to be honest ;_;
>>
fuck that shit, i'll just keep browsing 4chan
>>
>>24547394
>at least try b4 giving up!

I have a personal rule.

I will never try things at which I know I am going to fail.

It is perfectly possible to tell beforehand, and I am doing this.

I am not going to be caught embarrassing myself by trying to understand something that is not for me.
>>
>>24547394
the knowledge you gain isn't worth much though, because employers don't believe you when you then claim you have it. If they don't see a college degree and personal references they assume you're lying and don't bother getting any idea of what you do or don't know.
>>
>>24547541
>tfw heard about the fizzbuzz programming mini-test used in recruiting
>tfw in an hour, come up a version that's the shortest known one in the language you used all by yourself
>tfw you're a multiple school drop-out that will never have a non-janitorial job, if even that

I'm literally retarded, too. It's just that I have tons upon tons on my hands.
>>
>>24547541
True. But this kind of stuff might be useful for people who want to learn strictly for the sake of knowledge itself, or maybe to help them in their hobbies and whatnot.
>>
>>24547541
>2015
>gaining knowledge to impress an employer

How about just gaining knowledge because you need it, and because you want to do something interesting with it?
>>
Agreed... but there are fields like computer science where if you can get a phone interview, you can use what you were self taught to go get a real interview.

Regardless though, keeping your brain sharp until you figure out something is important, at least if you like the sciences.

Perhaps there's websites for other fields like music or art. I dunno. But if you're interested in science, khan can be a good start.
>>
File: 1447276535645.png (32 KB, 572x878) Image search: [Google]
1447276535645.png
32 KB, 572x878
It has been a while since I used it last. Would be quite daunting to go back in again.
>>
is anyone else doing the SAT this december
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK