[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 04.jpg (20 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
20 KB, 234x250
How do you guys deal with depression? I likely, can't do much and I am honestly without much idea on what to do.
>Want to do x, go do it, lose focus and start thinking about something else
>End up doing nothing
>This all the day
I still live with my parents, I told them a few months ago that I think I have been through depression for quite a few years, but I would never act sad around them. I don't think they really believe me even though they know how shit depression is as my Grandfather that is probably dying also have depression.

tl;dr should I just seek a medic or something? I have been thinking on just leaving my account bank for my parents and suicide lately.
>>
I dunno man do some pushups or take a walk or something? I'll probably be called a normie for saying stuff like this, but the most important thing really is not doing nothing.
You'll need to push yourself again and again and again to do *something* whenever you feel the emptiness coming in. You will probably fail many times and have setbacks, but you might get better over time.
>>
>>24544926
Get addicted to something for motivation. I'd recommend things that are free and not drugs, like tv, anime, film, a specific video game, etc.
>>
Antidepressants help a lot.

SSRIs are relatively minor in terms of side effects, and it isn't hyperbolic to say that sertraline saved my life.
>>
>>24545348
>getting drugged to have the "correct" normie thoughts

Kuck.
>>
Do you want it gone? Try 'mindfulness' 'meditation'.

Do you want *only* it gone? Try having a productive hobby, you lazy fuck.
>>
File: 155522.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
155522.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>>24544926

>Wanna do something, anything
Lose motivation and dick around
>Wanna turn my life around
>Wanna finally get a gf
>Wanna masturbate
>Wanna be helpful
>Wanna be nice to parents
>Wanna draw
>Wanna sleep
>Wanna live
>Wanna die
>Wanna kill myself

SEND HELP
>>
>>24545362
>needlessly suffering when modern medicine is able to effectively treat depression

kek

have fun being a flagellant
>>
>>24545465
>taking medicine instead of pushing passed it alone and coming out stronger
I bet you take painkillers and allergy meds you fucking fag.
>>
>>24545500
I'm the guy who originally said >>24545362

And I'm actually not sure if I said it correctly. If you actually are depressed then what you said won't help you. It will just make you spiral down until you kill yourself, become homeless, etc.

On the other hand, if you're just being a bitch who isn't really depressed it's a perfectly valid advice. Because a bitch who starts taking meds will just get addicted.
>>
>>24544926
i think my depression is maturing into something worse, lately when i get up my eyes still feel somewhat weighted and i always get that kind of dull groggy thing going on even if i splash my face with cold water or exercise.
its like swimming through something viscous
>>
>How do you deal with depression
I don't. At most, I come here.
>>
Drugs, outpatient therapy once or twice a week and other than that I really haven't found a better way to manage depression.
>>
Weed, exercise, changing thought patterns
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.