[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get into a debate with family about politics or ethics >they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: a day of the life.jpg (43 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
a day of the life.jpg
43 KB, 540x540
>get into a debate with family about politics or ethics
>they all personally attack me and never any of my points
>tfw know how to garden, been doing it for 15 years, grow 2 pound tomatoes and always have a great harvest
>they ask me how to plant melons, I tell them how to prepare the soil first in detail
>"how do you know? you don't have a degree"
>someone asks me the health benefits of rosemary needles
>tell them
>the say "how do you know?"
>Love NFL
>I tell them that this particular player sucks
>give them reasons why he should be just a second string backup
>tell me "you never played football,how can you say someone sucks when you never played"
Why do normies do this? Why can't they just attack my points without going after me personally?
>>
>>24544889
you sound autistic

of course this wasnt original
>>
>>24544889
not smart enough to talk ideas. they decide legitness based on who is saying what and how credible they think that person is.
>>
You sound like a pretentious cunt.
>>
Sounds like your family bases merit only on paper credentials.
Nothing more to it, mate. You aren't changing that.
>>
>>24544908
>>24544932
I'm not pretentious at all. But it seems like you need a doctorate degree to have a opinion on anything these days.
>>
Normies are retarded, OP. That's literally how their thought processes work, they have are not capable of rational thought.
>>
>>24544889
Your family hates you because you're a shit know-it-all nerd kid. They've proved you wrong so many times over the years that they just ignore you by default. Maybe you were right this time. I doubt it, but maybe. After you've fucked up for 20 years and been wrong 20 million times, everyone has stopped listening.

You annoy them. They hate you. They can't wait until you leave.
>>
File: disgust.png (165 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
165 KB, 400x438
>>24544977
>They've proved you wrong so many times
but they haven't. I was giving facts on why this player sucked. Using ad-homs isn't refuting a point.
>>
>>24544889
I have a normie acquaintance at work and he does the same exact thing.

>attacks me personally
>pulls up heavily exaggerated left field arguments
>insults me in some way when I corner him
>won't admit he's ever wrong and will not stop trying to bullshit his way to "winning"

This retard also just gave his barber 2,000 dollars because he promised him he would turn it into 15,000 dollars after black friday with "his friend's supplying business". God they're so fucking retarded.
>>
>>24544965
That's just how things are these days.

>college is a right
>everyone should have a degree
>anyone without one is garbage

It's why we have so many useless retards in this country whining about tuition, debt, and their useless scraps of paper.
>>
>>24544889
When my family tries to pull that shit, I just start listing each and every single mistake they're making and I keep repeating shit like "ad hominem" until they either get pissed and shut up, or actually try to debate the points.
>>
File: 1445695952756.jpg (33 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
1445695952756.jpg
33 KB, 600x603
>unironically discussing anything but sports, weather and gossip with normies
>unironically doing anything but agreeing with the group opinion
absolute madman
>>
>>24544965
I have a law degree and people tend to avoid getting into arguments with me because the lawyers are smart meme. Although the worst are people who see beating me in a debate as some challenge and wind up using some nonsensical mixture of appeals to authority and circular logic.
>>
File: 1448221823395.gif (208 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1448221823395.gif
208 KB, 500x476
next time they attack you personally call them a fucking retard and tell them why their reasoning is shit.
just go down the list and try to hurt their feelings.
then tell them they are the reason why America is so shit
>>
File: 1393110021185.jpg (20 KB, 638x361) Image search: [Google]
1393110021185.jpg
20 KB, 638x361
Anyone else notice these kind of argument types creeping in here since the board was reinstated?
>>
>>24544889
>they all personally attack me and never any of my points

I mean, this happens on this site all the time.

I think a lot of people just aren't accustomed to thinking abstractly and talking about ideas, and they get very attached to whatever they happen to believe and can't talk about ideas in an objective way.

I keep expecting people to consider the ideas for what they are, and not always where they come from. But most people aren't like that
>>
>>24545061
You're so autistic you can't even figure out when you're wrong.

For a normal person this would be a wakeup call. A moment of
>holy shit, everyone around me HATES me because i'm such a fucking prick, I should do something about that and FAST

Instead you're trying to somehow not just convince yourself that you're right but that somehow EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD has a problem and you don't.

This is wakeup call #2 for you. Don't hit the snooze alarm on this one you puerile, sniveling little faggot.
>>
>>24545450
Ad populum is irrelevant. If many people hate you it doesn't mean that what you are saying is wrong. It just means you're telling them some truth that is uncomfortable for them. Because if what you are saying is wrong, they should be easily able to logically disprove it, right?
>>
>>24544889
Normalfags care more about context than content. Most (not just normalfags) aren't used to defending their ideals in an objective manner
>>
>>24545450
Fatality
OP I officially feel bad for you
>>
Normies don't believe in anything. They like what an idea is associated with so they use emotions to argue for the association. They don't know anything about what they like, just the image. Don't believe me? Discuss basic apologetics with an average Christian. They don't even have a first grade understanding of their religion. They just know mammy and pappy went to church so they do to.
>>
>>24545485
>It just means you're telling them some truth that is uncomfortable for them.

it's not the words themselves that make people uncomfortable, it's your attitude. I can't say for sure from the OP, especially since you're likely leaving out details (i mean, people asking you for directly for help, then telling you to sod off? that's the kind of reaction to someone overhearing, then barging into a conversation with "actually, ")

>>24545624
>They don't even have a first grade understanding of their religion

kind of moot point, I've ran into that between normies and other robots. only difference is there's more normies than robots in a ratio sense, so of course there's more idiot normie christians, when normies make up most of the christians you see
>>
>>24544889
The thing about 99% (or some shit) of conversation with normalfags is that they don't really care about what you have to say, they just want someone to listen to them. "Debates" are, as a result, even more pointless. Think about it, were they really going to admit they were wrong? No? Then you're just wasting your own energy and patience.
>>
>>24545812
>it's not the words themselves that make people uncomfortable, it's your attitude.

to add onto this, why do you think they're attacking you personally? it's being spelt out for you, OP, fill in the dots
>>
>>24545856

I really doubt it's his attitude though. I've dealt with normies before. They are universally bad people.
>>
File: 234321.jpg (71 KB, 699x448) Image search: [Google]
234321.jpg
71 KB, 699x448
>"how do you know?"
I hate when my aunts tried to pull that shit. Like some ambiguous blanket statement in order to blow off what I said because "they're my elder, they must know better." bitch I read shit online, I don't just sit in front of the TV all day watching the view and Judge Judy.
>>
File: feels jax man.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
feels jax man.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>24545450
>I shouldn't bring facts into a argument because of I should be concerned about their feelings
>I should just be quiet when people trash talk my team to me
>I shouldn't bring up facts and stats on why my team isn't as bad as theirs
nigga wut? that's a big part of the reason why watching the game is fun.
>>
>>24545884
Oh trust me it's the attitude. You just can't see it because you're just like him.
>>
File: a sad.png (286 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
a sad.png
286 KB, 500x497
>Be at family get together
>talking with some cousins about basic shit
>someone out of nowhere says "I don't like him"
>Points to me
>"he's not worth it bro"
What the fuck?
>>
>>24545812
>it's not the words themselves that make people uncomfortable, it's your attitude. I can't say for sure from the OP, especially since you're likely leaving out details (i mean, people asking you for directly for help, then telling you to sod off? that's the kind of reaction to someone overhearing, then barging into a conversation with "actually, ")

I'm not really OP, but what you said makes no sense. My attitude doesn't change the truth either. It's irrelephant.

>>24545856
They attack me personally because I say things they don't want to hear and can't disprove?
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 500x535
>>24545450
>le autism meme
>>
>>24545450
Armchair psychologists are the worst, kill yourself, you don't know shit.
>>
>>24545958

No, you're wrong. You're just a contrarian being edgy on a yugoslavic yodeling forum.
>>
>>24546007
duude. you're in the wrong cuz autism and shit.
>>
>>24546042
This. He probably "helps" people with his reddit posts, that fat fucking asshole pseudo-psychologist. Greedy bastard.
>>
>>24544889
The truth is that sometimes your personality disqualifies your opinions desu senpai
If I told someone what they needed to get into meaninful relationships with others, ny advice wouldnt quite be the best.
>>
>>24544889
I think the football point if valid. Since you want a reason I say that experience is more valuable than just viewing. You can do nothing without trying.
>>
>>24545988
r u black? ur black arent u.
>>
>>24546329

Not really, statistics are statistics. I've never been on the moon before but I know gravitational forces are weaker on the surface of the moon than on the surface of earth.
>>
>>24544889
>>tell me "you never played football,how can you say someone sucks when you never played"

Funny because most people that argue over football are fat fucks that never went past their high school team.
>>
>>24546042
>>24546153

All psychologists are arm chair ones.
>>
>>24544889
The only time you should even consider arguing with normies is if you heavily outnumber them so falling back to insults still puts them in the minority. Even then it's risky because they'll just tell everyone they know that you and the group that disagreed with them are all asshole manchildren. It's never worth it, just don't do it.
>>
File: this_tbh_fam.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
this_tbh_fam.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>24546042
Agreeing with this guy. People need to stop trying to infer someone's entire life and situation by one post.
>Oh yeah I'll just make an assumption and extrapolate it to OPs entire life and then slide down the entire slope.
>>
File: 1445944724260.jpg (52 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1445944724260.jpg
52 KB, 1024x576
OP, this is where you realize that the normie hate on this board isn't just propaganda and normies are all genuinely stupid, shallow, worthless people.
>>
>>24546932

This to be desu fampai
>>
>>24544889
This isn't even a normie thing, ad hominem arguments happen literally every 5 seconds on this very website.
You just need to surround yourself with people who are actually interested in the topic of discussion and not looking to create drama when having a conversation.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.