[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Americans eat turkey at Thanksgiving what do they eat at Christmas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1433641127288.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1433641127288.png
198 KB, 550x535
If Americans eat turkey at Thanksgiving what do they eat at Christmas? Do they really have two big turkey dinners within the space of a month? Seems like a major pain in the butt desu
>>
>>24543808
I have rigatoni family. I just have to be careful not to spill it XDDD
>>
Christmas is either ham or a pot luck.
>>
>>24543875
>pot luck.

normalfag detected
>>
Have you guys ever had a Cornish game hen? It's like a miniature turkey for a smaller Thanksgiving meal
>>
Yeah its really hard for us to stomach another turkey only 32 days after we last ate one. The space of time is just sooo short
>>
>>24543901
Nope. The holidays are the worst time of the year.
>>
Ham, turkey, or if you want to go at it oldschool, maybe a goose. Obviously a lot of people don't bother with a real complicated meal. Jews eating Chinese food on Christmas is part stereotype and partly actual tongue and cheek tradition. I know some Jews who do it just for shits and giggles.

My family also often does a big Italian style meal sometimes because we have some wop heritage. Christmas lasagna is some good shit.
>>
>>24543913
Preparing Christmas dinner is a huge chore, having to do it twice in quick succession seems like it would be a major source of frustration. Plus turkeys are expensive as fuck
>>
>>24543808
I usually eat duck or lamb at Christmas

I'm Canadian though 2bh
>>
>>24543959
>tfw the people who worked at my last job did potlucks multiple times a month

I never got invited. Not that I minded, it was just a ridiculously tight knit workplace. Small town America folks.
>>
>>24543976
Are you a nigger?

original
>>
>>24543808
christmas ham, quite often
>>
>>24544010
My family does a pot luck. It's not like I have friends.
>>
>>24543976
No one cooks a whole turkey just for themselves or anything. Yes, they are expensive, but they're feeding a large group of people or a smaller group of people who will continue to eat leftovers for a while.
>>
My family does veal and lasagna for Christmas.
>>
>>24544029
All of my families meals end up kind of potluckish because my grandmother is weird about letting other people use her kitchen. I personally enjoy cooking when I'm not too depressed to make anything other than frozen pizzas and ramen, so it's not much of a problem for me.

The family Thanksgiving meal (which I'm not going to this year, currently nodding out on poppy tea home alone, fuck yes) has four people bringing dishes I think.
>>
>>24544051
Is lasagna for Christmas a bigger thing than I thought? Because it's great for it.
>>
I made some tacos and now I'm planning to shitpost and watch garbage tv all day in peace. Probably the best thanksgiving I've ever had.
>>
>>24543808

It's called ham, you backwards degenerate
>>
>>24544095
I'm not sure how big it is desu senpai...
No one else I know does this for Christmas.

But I come from an Italian-American family and we live in the southeast US.
>>
>>24543808
>tfw you will never celebrate thanksgiving
>tfw you will never be an american
>tfw britkek
>>
>>24543808
it depends on who you are. My Mexican family always cooks tamales and pozole and sometimes menudo. Shits so cash desu
>>
going to my rich cousin's house and she probably got everything catered, I don't know whether it'll be traditional or not.

Christmas we usually make ham.
>>
Usually we do ham. I'm doing duck though. It's the tastiest bird. Fuck turkeys, I just drink wild turkey to celebrate thanksgiving and that's enough turkey for me.
>>
My family generally roasts an entire pig, but not really a traditonal american meal.
>>
>>24544186
How Italian American are you? I'm only like a quarter, but I sort of identify with it to a slight degree for some reason. It and Quebecois are the biggest contributors to my background, and I don't speak French. My maternal great grandparents came over from Italy, so my grandmother is pretty authentically Italian American. Great cook.
>>24544323
Your family sounds pretty cool.
>>24544221
Getting Thanksgiving just sounds wrong to be honest. I mean I'm not saying she shouldn't do it, I just wouldn't ever want to do it that way.
>>
>>24544406
>Getting Thanksgiving just sounds wrong to be honest
she can't cook for shit. I don't mind since I'm eating for free. Both of our parents are immigrants, so we're doing this more to catch up with family than anything.

plus she always has some really good wine.
>>
>>24543808
Most Americans don't have a "christmas dinner"

We just show up in the morning, open presents and leave.

That being said, we eat tamales at my wife's grandparents house on christmas eve (she's mexican).
>>
Me? I serve crab legs.
>>
>>24544554
>Most Americans don't have a "christmas dinner"

>We just show up in the morning, open presents and leave.
I celebrated Christmas with a few different friends over the years and they all did Christmas dinner. Maybe it depends on where you grew up.
>>
>>24544620

I think it's just Mexicans that don't do Christmas dinner.
>>
>>24544554
In my family is always just depended on peoples schedules and how people were feeling at the time. I'm a child of divorce, so that complicates things. I've done the traditional big family gathering thing, but usually I just help my mom cook something. I also sometimes do it with my dad, and sometimes we do it Jew style and get takeout or something. One time we got a shitload of different kinds of curries, that was pretty nice.
>>
>>24544821
I'm not mexican cunt
>>
>>24544827
Everyone's parents are divorced, even my grandparents are divorced.

What's the child of divorce bullshit?
>>
>>24543808
Some have ham, I have TV dinners.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.