[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have you guys lost your friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12
File: 1448448667976.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1448448667976.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
>be traveling electrician
>haven't made a new friend in 4 years
>come home for thanksgiving expecting to hang out with my 2 high school friends
>they all keep flaking or just don't respond
>officially friendless now

It's even more shitty because we have actually keept in contact and all of a sudden they do a 360
>>
>>24541092
>got backstabbed by some who then became bullies
>moved away from some and didn't keep in contact
>went to different school from some and didn't keep in contact
>just grew apart from some
>>
Your friends are probably busy with Thanksgiving, don't give up on trying to be their friend.
>>
>>24541173
I've already deleted their numbers and changed my flight to Saturday instead of Monday
>>
>>24541173
Listen to this guy, OP
You guys are probably still cool with each other
Don't lose hope!
>>
>>24541092
They did a 180. 360 And you'd be back in the same spot. I know this is a mistake and not the classic 4chan bait
>>
lost them ages ago. fell out with one over a minor dispute, and simply don't talk to the other anymore.
>>
There are times I wonder if I'm genuianrely crazy and imagining my only freind. Literally everyone else ignores me or treats me like shit, how the fuck did this one guy to want to hang out with me? Is he real? If he is, is this some sort of super long running years in the making prank? Will I hang out with him one time, find out he invited a bunch of his other friends, and he proceeds to call me retarded and make fun of me for being such a dipshit?
>>
They all moved away and made better friends
>>
> delete facebook
> move away multiple times
> never leave my apartment

Pretty easy desu sempai.
>>
Well I had 3 friends in high school whom I considered my best friends but they just mocked behind me and rarely talked with me. Lost all contacts after high school and didn't have any friends ever since.
>>
>>24541358
I'm glad you have such a nice friend
>>
fucked their girlfirends senpai
>>
File: 1448471097730s.jpg (4 KB, 118x125) Image search: [Google]
1448471097730s.jpg
4 KB, 118x125
>>24541092
>Leaving school did most of it
>Was friends with a kid from primary up until a few years ago
>After he acted like a complete dick one day, a simple plead for an apology made him hate me in half an hour
>had the ideology that he was badass, so he had to be the biggest cunt ever, because he was "a twat"
>Another friend, a 6"4' furry, whom I still fucking love like a bro, just kind of went somewhere else with his life. I miss him
>Another friend, a blonde curly haired chubby guy used to hang every day. Same thing started to happen, and one day he sent me a folder that had, for some reason a picture of his cock in it. We literally never talked again after that
He was always a weird one. I feel sorry for him. He's just consumed by spaghetti.

my last friend, is the one I still hang with. We're in the same part of life right now. Adult. Trying to find jobs. Feeling the wave of society not giving a fuck about us.
The saddest part is that we all used to hang together. Used to be my only friends. Now this happened.
>>
Im care giver,
I take care of old people families in their private homes mostly rich ones.

Mostly what I see when these people run out of money or dont have anymore as before people/friend / relatives stop visiting them, as long as they can throw few thousand dollars at some presents every year they are good.

In more cases is that their kids are first to leave them, second "friends" and usually they and up with one stupid annoying "friend" who keeps visiting them because he is also lonely and desperate.

Most of people you meet in life I dont count on being long friends till I am old, I have categories.
But friends that will stick to you till end and you can count even when poor one can consider lucky to have. Most of people are 3rd category of "friends "that are here for you when everything is fine but when something goes bad they just leave and dont want to deal with problem, so not actuall friend just comapny.
>>
File: 1440335411041.png (1014 KB, 1440x806) Image search: [Google]
1440335411041.png
1014 KB, 1440x806
>Friend finally lost his virginity at 25
>Immediately after he starts telling me I need to get laid
>Don't get laid
>He starts thinking he's mature and above doing the things we used to do
If he's gonna be like that I'm not really bummed that he's gone. I'm only sad because he left me with this nasty dude who has a one-sided man-crush on me.

Now I'm getting in shape so I can get a female and move somewhere with her. I don't care if she's ugly as long as
>She pays her half of the rent
>She's physically attracted to me
>She signs a notarized document that confirms if anything happens she won't take my shit
Even that's looking impossible because social media's given every fat girl 500 orbiters.
>>
>>24541547
Fucking too real about the whole "get laid" bullshit. Experienced the same thing. It fucking changes people. They seem to think it's necessary as some sort of milestone, and then they just leave you behind.
I get it. It's important to be mr normie. But fuck you. Barely any chicks have ever liked me. It probably won't happen.
>>
>>24541433
>they just mocked behind me
I always fear this even when I'm sure it's not happening. I swear I can't get close to people.

If I'm ever hanging out with people I'm just thinking to myself, "Why am I here? Do they really want to hang out with me? Why would they want to hang out with me? I don't even talk that much... I'm not talking right now. Shit am I being boring? Do they just keep me around cause I'm crazy? Maybe I'm just fucking amusing to them. Maybe I should just go home, get drunk, and play Fallout. But what if they actually are my friends? Maybe they'll think I'm a dick for leaving so soon with no good explanation other than accusing them of not liking me. What if I do and they just lie to me cause they feel bad? Maybe they do just hang out with me cause they feel bad for me? Shit."

Usually I just try not to let those thoughts get to me, but sometimes I'll just go home and get drunk or high and feel better for not annoying them and also for not being a group pet or something along those lines. I've walked out on entire groups of friends before. Recently stopped hanging out with an entire group of people. I moved away and didn't say shit to anyone really. Just cut off contact and said fuck it, start over. Still have some old friends from high school/middle school though. I question my relationship with them to, but fuck it. Feels like I'm just playing a role and I have no clue how the play is supposed to end. Just observe the other characters, emulate, and try to reflect their intentions back at them. If someone is friendly I just play along. I'm never really sure.
>>
>Lose contact will a solid friend, used to sit and play Diablo 2 with him
>Would have sleep overs at each others places and order take out and binge play Diablo 2
>Would see each other most days after college
>We both leave college and end up with different jobs, still see each other pretty regular
>I end up balls deep into vanilla Warcraft and The burning Crusade
>He plays it too, we dungeon, quest, make a ton of online friends and eventually start up our own Vent server where we'd chill with everyone
>After a while close to the end of TBC he gets a ban for fucking around with botting
>Slowly lose contact, find out he met a girl whilst on holiday
>He gets promoted at work, travels to see this girl, barely speak
>I still live at home playing warcraft, have a really bad accident at work and end up in a bad way
>Slowly get depressed and fatter playing WoW as I cant actually move around much
>it's been a year ain't heard a thing from him, call him now and then but he always seems uninterested, ends the talk everytime
>I slowly recover, though still a bit over weight but at least I can do something about it now I can actually move
>2 Years have gone by, I stopped calling because I felt like I was just an annoyance.
>>
>>24541505
Hey /bro/bot, what education or certification do you have? Are you a "PCA"?
>>
>>24541505
That's fucking dark, but some real shit.

>>24541547
>>24541573
I just hate that when sex talk comes up I'm silent as fuck. Feel like the only English speaker in the room.
>>
File: 234441441.jpg (60 KB, 450x281) Image search: [Google]
234441441.jpg
60 KB, 450x281
>>24541422
I'm living the same life as well.

>tfw they all said they would visit a few days before I moved
>tfw 3 years later and nobody came
>>
>>24541616
>Out of the blue he turns up at my house, I still live with my parents
>Oh hey an long time no see
>He has a big car, suit, really doing well for himself
>I'm really proud of him, as he was a little goofy when we were younger
>Tells me he cant stick around long, he has a 2 hour drive to get home to his girl
>Hands me a envelope, I open it, Its a wedding invitation
>Glare at his smug cunt face
>Asks me if I'm coming
>Tell him no
>He blinks and asks me why not
>Tell him I haven't heard from him properly for 2 years, I don't even know the girls name he's marrying, haven't even been to his house, barely even know him anymore
>Tell him if he thinks were still friends after not even a visit to see how I was doing while I was laid up like a cripple but he can bother to come visit me with this shit then he can fuck off
>Slam door closed, Parents ask me whats up
>Say nothing
>Go upstairs and continue playing Grandia
>Just learned Gadwins secret move and it's ballin'

Weddings are for fags.
>>
>>24541092
>all of a sudden they do a 360

this is why you don't have friends
>>
I have and I don't care.

>broke up with my childhood gf
>together 8 years since we were 13 and literally only thing I knew was her
>Home all day playing vidya and just slowly wasting oxygen
>When friends called I ignored or hanged up
>If they came to my house I told mom to go and tell I was out ect
>Took half a year off vacation school and went to Yekaterinburg in Russia
>Enjoyed myself living there in a very shitty old apartment I rented from this old lady
>Came back as a new person I think
>Uploaded pictures to facebook ect
>Nobody gave two shits I was even away

Don't need them. I still think about my gf and good times but not once I have missed my friends and memories.
>>
>>24541501
If I were you I would delete the image and open the folder in front of him so his fears are quelled. I wouldn't tell him saw it.
>>
>>24541446
To be quiet honest senpai I'm pretty sure he only hangs out with me because he feels sorry for me, or I'm like one of the special ed kids he'd do things with when he was in Boy Scouts doing community service projects.
>>
>>24541714
Too late, senpai. I didn't even have much respect for him at that point anyway. He got new buddies in college and he just stopped giving a fuck about me. Acted like I was nuisance.
I just asked him why it was there. He said he "had his reasons", which made no fucking sense. Then a while later the call dropped, and that was it. Haven't seen him since. It's a super weird outcome.
>>
>>24541092
>all my friends when I was in high school were drop out gutter punks
>every day after school, hanging out at Taco Bell or outside Wal-Mart or the park, playing awful folk punk and harassing people
>smoking weed and drinking beer at the squat, sometimes passing out there because my parents thought I had respectable friends
>finish high school, go off to college
>come back, get a job
>move out from mom's into an apartment
>they're still doing the same shit, those that are left
>one died after a bad speedball, one's in prison for second degree murder
>go to a Wal-Mart on the other side of town to avoid them, they still wind up over at this one sometimes but not often
>only visited the old squat once, they just got in a circle and started tying off and getting ready to shoot up, no one even talked
>have never made any other friends
I just wish at least one of them would've grown up, stopped doing drugs constantly and got a job.
>>
File: 1439524476470.png (73 KB, 230x285) Image search: [Google]
1439524476470.png
73 KB, 230x285
>have friends from high school that I keep in touch with
>but I have to initiate contact
>every time
>if I don't, I never hear a peep from them
>but when I do, they're really enthusiastic and warm
>but if they still care so much, why do they never contact me first
>it's like I don't exist if I don't force them to notice me

I don't understand it and it feels like shit.
>>
>many just drifted apart
>a handful moved
>some turned into assholes
>a few were just using me
>the only one who's still here just doesn't like change
>>
>>24541726
>Boy Scouts
Ooohhhh boy.
Pretty much all my "friends" I had were in Scouts with me. I'm pretty sure my social anxiety stems from them.
>be me, 15 at camp
>"friends" and I walking from woodshop or whatever
>need to take a shit
>see portapotty and go inside
>"friends" had bikes
>"friends" begin to peddle as fast as they can into portapotty
>freaking out inside because I was afraid it might tip over

It never did tip over, but it was close.
>>
File: 1442757879105.jpg (69 KB, 488x413) Image search: [Google]
1442757879105.jpg
69 KB, 488x413
>haven't had an IRL friend in 8 years
>haven't had an online friend in 2 years
>forgot how to make friends
It isn't so bad. I just spend all my time reading, watching anime, or playing single player games.
>>
File: sad.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
80 KB, 500x421
>>24541092
>tfw friends in class stopped talking to you as soon as you graduated
>>
>>24541573
>They seem to think it's necessary as some sort of milestone
But it is a milestone, a good proportion of adult life revolves around relationships.

Then you've got people like us who haven't really got a chance and it becomes an elephant in the room.
>>
Wives. Magically when they get divorced all of a sudden its back to old times. Its not like were out drinking and clubbing or anything we mostly just played vidya.
>>
>>24541967
NECESSARY.

Like I said. It's important. But fuck, man. I would never treat my friends differently for not doing something they can't do.
Even if all-together they don't move on in life. That don't matter for me. A friend is a friend,
>>
File: c2bMn.png (27 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
c2bMn.png
27 KB, 300x250
friendship, never an easy subject for me.
>>
>>24541709
>>Took half a year off vacation school and went to Yekaterinburg in Russia
>>Enjoyed myself living there in a very shitty old apartment I rented from this old lady

How did you get the funds to go? What did you do there?
>>
>>24541934
those weren't friends they were acquaintances
>>
>>24541813
You're the secondary friend. They like you as a person, but (as the term implies) you're the second (or worse) option to them.
>>
>>24541978
One of my friends just got married, and it's like he's dropped off the face of the goddamn earth.
>>
>>24541092
I deleted facebook
>>
>>24542048
How old is he? If he's below 30 there's a good chance of divorce in a few years, even if it seems highly unlikely now.
>>
>actually be fairly popular in school
>not the most popular guy, but everyone liked me and I had a circle of close friends
>school ends
>people go on with their lives, but everyone tries to stay in touch
>meanwhile I'm stuck in this eternal neet rut
>eventually cant take the "so what are you doing now?" or "you gotta get your shit together man" at parties and when we hang out
>delete all contacts, social media, etc.
>stop answering calls, text messages, etc.
>lose all friends eventually

That was like 6 years ago
3 or so a couple of old friends were back in town and invited me to watch a movie. I actually went because for some retarded reason I thought it was a good idea.

It's not nice to be around old friends when you fucked your life up and realize even if you wanted to patch things up, it would never be the same again because you're so fucking inferior to everyone else you can't act even remotely as equals like you used to.
>>
>>24541092
>traveling electrician
the what?
>>
>>24542166
>the what?
traveling electrician
>>
File: 1447284942146.png (517 KB, 750x656) Image search: [Google]
1447284942146.png
517 KB, 750x656
>>24542034
So, I'm a backup, then, eh?
I wonder if it would just be better to not have friends period.

I wish I could be content with just having my family who cares about me. Why can't that be the case? Why do I have to feel the urge to make friend-level connections with people outside of my family?
>>
>>24542183
electrician isn't unique and deficit occupation that you actually have to travel through country, every idiot can be electrician
>>
>>24542068
He's 27. She's a nice girl, though. I could see them being together for a long time.
>>
>>24542185
Be thankful you are not a background friend like me, I only get invited to group events to get the numbers up.
>>
File: swede.jpg (37 KB, 146x139) Image search: [Google]
swede.jpg
37 KB, 146x139
One of my best friends since we were 14 died from a rare form of meningitis a week after we celebrated his 21st birthday.

For some random reason, our group and i decided to do more for him on that birthday like surprise him with a cake and all that gay stuff. At least he knew we loved him before he passed...

It's been 5 years and I still think of him. :(
>>
>>24541092
Holy shit, can this frog get any more snug?
>>
>>24542025

I have rich mother.

I just lived there for 3 months. Woke up and explored the city every day or went to country side. A lot of young people live there cause muh university education which they will NEVER use. I'm from Russian family myself so the language barrier was non existent.
Went to Urals with drunk russian guide who at first was dodgy as fuck but once we made campsite he went full bushman and it was neat 3 day experience.
>>
>>24541092
>graduate from school
>most of my friends/classmates move away to study/work, don't keep in touch with them because I didn't own a cellphone in 2010 and fuck Facebook
>rarely see those who stayed as I took on a job in a city nearby and had less freetime, also they made new friends at their new workplaces
>contact to them slowly faded and eventually broke off completely
>didn't make new friends at my workplace because there are basically no co-workers in my age or with similar interests

...and thus I became friendless
>>
>>24541092
I Iost mine probably since I went to middle school, since then I haven't had any close friends who I hang out regularly. Even right now there is girl from work who probably hang out with guy from work and they smoke weed and the worst part is I heard about it when she talk about it near me. The only hang out I have kind of regulary is smoking weed during work with sone guy From work.

There is also a chance that what I heard is incorrect because I didn't heard it 100% and I just saw someone I thought was going there.
>>
I stopped talking to them.
>>
I told them I would do something the other week but was too lazy to clean my apartment and just ignored them from that point on.
>>
>>24542215
Not the anon you are responding to but I'm an electrician and you are the idiot if you think anyone can do it. Sure anyone can set pipe or pull wire but actually knowing why those wire are there or setting the actual circuit up, working in the big panels and boxes. That's what a real electrician is.
>>
>>24541934
Same. I didn't have a lot of people to talk to during class but I normally had at least 1 person. I'm not sure why they never tried to talk to me outside of school because I would make them laugh quite often.
Perhaps they were laughing at me rather than with me. Oh well I guess it doesn't matter anyways.
>>
File: 1386604698655.png (197 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
1386604698655.png
197 KB, 294x256
>be 26

> all close friends moved out of state

>social life over past six months has been texting acquainatances I barely know over the weekends and asking if they want to meet for beer, coffee or hookah
>>
they have gotten a gf
i didnt
>>
>be friends with people I've known since elementary school
>always talking shit about each other behind our backs
>as a group we fight a lot and have petty drama but that's probably everyone
>discover 4chan
>keep it to myself
>finally I introduce them to it after a few years
>fucking mistake, they all become super negative memespouting autists
>talk mad shit about my gf at the time and bullied her so I got sick of it so I dropped them

The most important lesson is to never introduce people to 4chan and for christ's sake don't talk about 4chan outside of 4chan
>>
File: 1444902026973.jpg (99 KB, 970x990) Image search: [Google]
1444902026973.jpg
99 KB, 970x990
I haven't, but to be honest, I'm not sure how I've kept him either. I guess being friends since the age of 3 is the reason.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.