[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where my fight bros at? Martial arts / combat sports is truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1448322461546.jpg (80 KB, 597x391) Image search: [Google]
1448322461546.jpg
80 KB, 597x391
Where my fight bros at? Martial arts / combat sports is truly the most robot of sports.
>>
File: u got heemd.gif (2 MB, 240x172) Image search: [Google]
u got heemd.gif
2 MB, 240x172
>>24539429
right here bruv

whats a good boxing match/fight where a southpaw gets lit up?
>>
Do you actually train/fight OP?

I don't know about you, but learning how to fight and defend yourself, knowing that you could hold your own against most Chads out there has to do wonders for your confidence. It would probably make you a Chad.
>>
>>24539493
I'm a competitive kickboxer, well, competitive insofar as I'm going for my first ammy fight in a few months. It really has turned my life around in many aspects
>>
>>24539493
can confirm that it doesnt cure autism
>>
i dont train a club or school or anything
but i spar pretty hard with my twin brother almost every day.

i have some cool uncles who do train in muay thai and boxing and stuff and they give me a few tips
>>
Wing Chun here. Been practising for 6 months.
Im from Australia
>>
I train at home and learned various moves from chinese movies and animes.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 443x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 443x443
Actually not true. Fighting and fighting sports are what unites the masses.

There's an analogy

You are standing in the middle of an intersection. On one corner there are some people with a tennis ball and a broom stick trying to hit it.

On another corner theres some people throwing a kick ball into a box they've nailed to a post.

On the third corner some people are running around throwing a ball to one another while running "routes"

And on the last corner two people are beating each other's asses.

Now i ask you where are you looking?

See what I did there?
>>
I'm practicing kickboxing right now. Nowhere near being a fightbro, but i'd like to
>>
File: oh fuck.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
oh fuck.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>Driving friend home
>more like buddy at best desu
>He's drunk
>obsessed with ufc/fighting.
>"if any body fucks with you anon, if you got a problem you come get me and i'll help you out bro"
>"uh thanks man. I appreciate it."
>he just keeps starring at me
>"I should just fuck you up right now"
>mfw
>>
File: hpg.jpg (193 KB, 822x1024) Image search: [Google]
hpg.jpg
193 KB, 822x1024
>>24539429

>started boxing at uni last year
>scientific university so a lot of robot
>class is filled with autists

I guess you are right OP, awkward smiles and jokes 4 hours a week.

>mfw there is a robot girl that farts and it stinks when we spare
>mfw there are 2 autists that never talk but are really good and make my nose bleed
>mfw they probably think I am chad because I asked a girl her name and made her laugh
>>
Hey bros i really want to do some martial art stuff but couldnt choose what to do. 6'4', skinny, not flexible,furious, bad endurance, fast.
>>
>>24539429
I'm a boxingbot, I've been doing this for 2 years now.
It didn't change anything to me,I'm still the same except that I know how to box.
>>
File: 1423492151846.jpg (149 KB, 1024x1017) Image search: [Google]
1423492151846.jpg
149 KB, 1024x1017
>>24539607
Beware the McDojos son. Wing Chun is actually a pretty neat system if you train properly and take some of it with a pinch of salt. The only reason it's got such a bad reputation is because of all the edgy teenagers who take 3 months with some fraudulent hack and think they're untouchable.

I'd say cross train with a little bit of Judo, just to cover the lack of grapple breaks in case some meathead grabs you

>inb4 blow-job jitsu
It's a meme lads, and it only works for safe-environment 1-on-1 sports fights
>>
>>24540124
>no flex
>no endurance
youre gonna have to train those things regardless of which martial art you choose, choosing an art to accommodate those weaknesses is counter productive, unless you have to fight in under a month or something.

to really use your height to your advantage i'd suggest taekwondo for a year or so, to increase flexibility and ffwd your kick game.
then kickbox maybe.
>>
>>24540165
do the exact opposite of what this anon said

bjj + boxing = success
>>
>>24540165
pretty good advice, but i would have said cross train with muay thai to get those legs more active in his fight style and to initiate(an area which wing chun seems to be lacklustre in)
>>
>>24540190
Thanks bro seems like i have to quit smoking. About flex i have to work a lot. Only thing im really good at is speed. Taekwondo i never interested that much but if height is advantage on this might check this out. Also is it too late for starting now and aiming for professional at 20 years old.?
>>
>>24540247
Speed is useful, but if you're gonna throw 3 punches then stop it's useless. Do cardio anon, l'd recommend running every 3 days and jumping a rope every 3 days (not the days when you run)
>>
>>24540247
if you enjoy smoking dont give it up. nicotine is great for reinforcing positive habbits... like if you do early morning runs with a cig or something.

but yeah you should cut right back
idk much about the professional world but it seems like there are some of middle aged guys fighting professionally so 20 wouldn't be to late judging by that fact.
>>
>>24540306
>>24540320
Okay! Thanks for advices and help anons.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.