[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw literally everything in life is pointless and there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
>tfw literally everything in life is pointless and there's no way out except suicide
>>
>>24538358
If literally everything is pointless, then what did that guy stub his knee against?
>>
>>24538372
>implying blunt surfaces can't hurt you
nice reddit tier humor
>>
>>24538382
Not my fault OP misused the word 'literally'.
>>
>>24538394

He was being Ironic.
>>
Nothing in life is pointless,even failure is just building to future success, the pleasure of doing the things you want has intrinsic value
>>
/r9k/ was cool until everyone started being a whiny bitch
>>
>>24538439
>everyone succeeds!
Then what are those 50 year old people doing working at WALMART you fucking idiot?
>>
File: 1445504402195.png (74 KB, 377x304) Image search: [Google]
1445504402195.png
74 KB, 377x304
>>24538439
>failure is just building to future success

small successes lead to larger successes you stupid fuck
>>
>>24538588
It means that u learn from failure to become more likely to succeed, the only way to guarantee you fail is to stop really trying
>>
>>24538656
>what are natural limitations
>everyone is secretly Einstein and Mozart they just don't try!
>>
>>24538461
They have succeeded in living out the life they have made for themselves, obviously they value that life and find it successful enough to keep living it :)
>>
>>24538667
Not everyone is Mozart or Einstein but to imply that anyone is limited entirely is foolish, anyone can improve a little at a time, its about being the best version of you
>>
I can't even think anymore without hurting, OP.

it's just so terrible. I dunno how I will cope with this terrible existence.
>>
>>24538672
>succeeded in failing
WOW WHAT A FEAT BRAVO
You do know your body is essentially programmed to fight death and not everyone keeps living their life because they necessarily "enjoy" it right?
>>
>>24538703
So you can be the best version of a failure to society? Because the way I see it, unless you're actually making a name for yourself in history, you already failed at what you're doing.
>>
>>24538439
>implying success has a point
>implying everything isn't meaningless after you're dead
>>
>>24538712
Why does my positive outlook personally offend you? Do you believe that the world would be a better place if everyone thought like you? i believe the world would be a better place if everyone looked at the bright side like me
>>
>>24538740
If nothing matters because everything is fleeting that means personal pleasure is the only thing of value, which means only things that make you happy are valid decisions does the way you think about yourself make you happy
>>
>>24538755
Why do you assume that I'm offended? I'm asking for you to defend your standpoint. And yes, the world would be a better place if half the population offed themselves.
>>
>>24538706
You have to find the small things that get you to push through the hard things, my motivation is the happieness i feel when i recognize small accomplishments iv made., like cleaning my room :)
>>
>>24538806
what a shitty motivation.
>>
>>24538791
Your sarcasm indicated to me that you were upset I apologize if that assumption was incorrect and i offended you, the defense for my standpoint is if nothing matters and your actions are meaningless, to what end do you indulge negatively when the alternative (positivity) inherently more enjoyable
>>
Anybody found any positive reasons for living?
I've been thinking of this for months now and I can't think of why I wake up in the morning you know? What drives what's there to move forward towards. something in the chest that makes the heart beat, you get me?
>>
>>24538827
Why is that bad motivation?
>>
>>24538868
I wake up everyday with the hope and excitement to make my life better in any way no matter how small
>>
>>24538857
The sarcasm was to point out the flaw in your way of thinking. Something being more enjoyable still doesn't beat the cold hard truth. Your only purpose for existence is to further perpetuate your existence. Every other meaning you attach to your life is essentially no different than delusion.
>>
>>24538903
What's the value in truth if you don't act on it? He who knows the way out of the cave and does not take it is worse than those who do not know
>>
>>24538358
literally speaking things aren't pointless
events are physical
shut the fuck up
>>
I>>24538903
If the only purpose in life is to further your existence, donate weekly to sperm donation or if your a femanone be a surrogate mother once biyearly and live day to day week to week year to year for the knowledge u can pass onyour genes or adobt/foster/donate money to a child in need
>>
File: camus.jpg (4 KB, 146x232) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
4 KB, 146x232
>>24538868
the prospect of rebelling against the absurd
>>
>>24538964
Uhm, what would that change about the meaning of life? I don't give a shit about foster children.
>>24538949
Gibberish
>>24538933
Nonsense, explain your standpoint without the jargon.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 237x250
> literally true

OP here's your prize
>>
>>24539031
My standpoint is that if all things man has given value on its own are delusions only evolutionary goals matter then the only point to living is to continuing the human race, the things i listed are the best way for someone to do that, (without assuming they have any special skill at math or science or art)
>>
>>24539079
No, I'm not saying evolutionary goals, I'm saying your only purpose of life is to CONTINUE living under any circumstance. Everything in your body is designed to fight death. Your only purpose is YOUR survival. If someone gave you the choice between your life and someone else's life, do you really think you'd pick their life? lol
>>
>>24539128
Depends whos, i do not fear deatg because death is nothingness, death is a single moment after it passes theres nothing no pain no fear. Im not afraid of that, if there is no point to life but to keep living then simply living should he enough to make you happy, because you are succeeding in your sole purpose :)
>>
>>24539166
Why do you think everyone is entitled to happiness?
>>
If nothing matters you are finally free. You can do whatever you want.
>>
>>24539176
Its not a matter of entitlement, anyone has the ability to be happy if they chose to be
>>
>>24539196
Are you saying emotions are voluntary? Because last time I checked emotions are a response to the stimuli around you.
>>
>>24539241
I know how these things work and i have to sleep now, i hope knowing in this way you won this argument brings u happieness everyone deserves that in my mind, i can only speak from my own experience and yes i choose to be happy even when life tells me not to be
>>
File: BlxwSjdIMAAu0Ov.jpg (42 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
BlxwSjdIMAAu0Ov.jpg
42 KB, 600x402
"What's the value in truth if you don't act on it? He who knows the way out of the cave and does not take it is worse than those who do not know"

He's quoting Plato's allegory of the cave. Basically, the fact that you know that existence is shitty and pointless means you're "out of the cave" while other normies are still "trapped in the cave" with ignorance. And if you try to explain to normies this new perspective that they've never experienced, they'll have no way of comprehending it, which is why people usually have no helpful advice for this sort of problem other than "Nuh uh, there's totally meaning in life"

You have three options.
1 - go back "into the cave" and pretend to be happy like it was before these thoughts
2 - Now that you've come to the conclusion that everything is pointless, you can recognize the fact that you are now truly free since you can do whatever you want and not care about the consequences
3 - drink bleach faggot
>>
>>24539262
Then you're simply a delusional idiot, I'm sorry.
>>
>>24539288
Do you think I'm not already aware of my options?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>>24539303
I'm assuming if you've decided existence is pointless you've already ran through the other options before reaching the worst possible one, so yeah.

What I did was option 2. Since everything is pointless, I should do whatever the fuck I want that interests ME and only ME. So I research philosophy on my spare time since it helps bring meaning to what religion and culture fails to do, and I'm in nursing school because the satisfaction of helping others is just one of those universal things that makes you happy.

Take a step back from your situation, make a list of what you'd love to do but don't do because of the judgement of others or practical means, then fuck all that noise and just do it
>>
>>24539364
I already slam opiates, buddy. Feels good man.
>>
>>24539364
You talk of doing whatever yet do only of what is acceptable, what of murder?
>>
>>24539288
I find it hard to believe how you're applying this allegory considering most robots dread leaving their room.
>>
>>24539380
See, you're mistaking doing whatever the fuck you want to do with doing what will make you happy. High is pleasure, pleasure is not happiness. Pleasure is a feeling, happiness is a state of being. You gotta go for the long game. Sure, drugs are absolutely amazing but it won't make you happy once the drugs crash
>>
>>24538358
>tfw fail at everything
>try to suicide
>fail
>>
File: 200_s.gif (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
16 KB, 200x200
>>24539409
The cave is in your mind
>>
>>24539412
When the drugs crash I just buy more. Makes me pretty happy knowing I might not have to wake up another day every night. You act like there's going to be this big permanent crash in my existence because of drugs. As long as I handle my responsibilities first I can keep paying money for them AND my bills. The problem with most druggies is they completely ignore their responsibilities and spend all of their money. I've maintained a habit for 4 years and I still keep my tolerance at bay.
>>
>>24539412

Happiness is just a moment friend :^)
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.