[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /homeless/ here? >18 >didn't want to work or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: crazy.png (101 KB, 248x241) Image search: [Google]
crazy.png
101 KB, 248x241
who /homeless/ here?

>18
>didn't want to work or go to school
>just said fuck it and now i'm a train kid in Atlanta, originally from colorado

It's cold as fuck but pretty decent. I found this nice public park with internet and a bathroom, took a birdbath and now i'm gonna kick it and watch anime. How bout you guys?
>>
>>24536404
tfw you will never being a hobo with a fellow robot watching anime while cuddling for heat in public
>>
>>24536404
Did your parents kick you out or did you just randomly leave on your own?
>>
>>24536404
>live in a broken down home
>middle of nowhere with no car and have PTSD from family
>going to run away to either Atlanta Miami or NYC so I can have a shot at lide
>>
File: borntofeel.jpg (136 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
borntofeel.jpg
136 KB, 746x982
>>24536404

Bout to be homeless soon. Looks to be a rough future ahead. Read some guides on surviving as a hobo and they don't paint the brightest of pictures.

Cold, dirty, hungry, frustrated, and worthless. If I had a car it would be a lot easier
>>
This is probably going to happen to me in the next few months. Does anyone have any advice?
>>
File: 1448396220139.jpg (91 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1448396220139.jpg
91 KB, 640x960
Where in Colorado? Manitou?
>>
>>24536432

left on my own. My parents are very nice folks and i'm still in touch with em.
>>
>>24536453

come to atlanta bra, I can be your friend and teach you the ropes of hobo life. I'd love to have a friend from 4chan
>>
>>24536404
I'm in atlanta too senpai. Goodluck. I was almost in your shoes a few months ago.
>>
>>24536470

guide2homelessness @ blogspot. (4chan thinks the link is spam)

Does a good job of explicating the homeless life. Prepare for the worst. A car is stressed as something very useful. Don't got a car? Tough shit. Tough shit for both of us, cuz I don't have one either.
>>
On that some note, I'm also from Colorado and decided to say "fuck it" a couple of years ago and left to the south with a one-way ticket. I'm also female.

Just don't be an idiot. I worked at a few different places and slept where I could. I was a bit lonely, but it was ultimately pretty liberating.
>>
I wish I became a cruster when was 18. I wouldve been alone like I am now but I at least I wouldve had company with other bums.

Only thing that stopped me was my parents feelings. I didnt want them to think they failed at raising me.
>>
>>24536520
I was just wondering how do you become homeless there? I looked around craigslist and found 2br apartments for like 750. Surely you can scrounge a few hundred?

Do you smoke weed and are you remotely gay?
>>
>>24536461

It's really not bad fampai, just panhandle, or sell drugs or you can even work. I have a hobo pal who works at a restaurant but just chooses to live in a tent
>>
>>24536547

I'm homeless on purpose, I could live in an apartment but I just like the freedom the life offers. I smoke a shitload of weed and i'm not gay.
>>
>>24536578
Oh well wtf I only want to be homeless to start a new life for myself why don't you travel if you like that life the coast sounds perfect for you

>far from home
>waking up to the cold ocean breeze and dew

Wew lad
>>
>>24536453
Do you cum in girl's mouths?
>>
File: 1447443301430.jpg (72 KB, 640x595) Image search: [Google]
1447443301430.jpg
72 KB, 640x595
>>24536535
I did the exact same thing, Got a ticket from Colorado to Georgia, haven't looked back.
>>
>>24536644
Just one
>>
>>24536708

where at senpai? wanna have a smoke sesh in piedmont park?
>>
>>24536404
>run away before I was 18 (more than once)
>police get involved to look for me when I show no desire to return
>learn that is is actually illegal to run away from home in Nebraska as a minor
>taken home by the cops and threatened with being sent to juvie if it happens again
>now at 21 after dropping out of college with a year left and many jobs lost, I'm a neet anyway

I was pretty much forced to mellow out. I really just wanted to opt out of... everything. I hated jumping through hoops for the sake of it. I read Evasion and it made me want something different than the daily grind and climbing the ladder my whole life. It's not like I planned to live long anyway, having been depressed and suicidal for so long
>>
File: lmu9I0Kl.jpg (12 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
lmu9I0Kl.jpg
12 KB, 249x249
>>24536756
I currently reside in Lawrenceville with my Gf. Gonna be homeless in a week because i turned into a NEET. Her parents hate me so much, but to be fair I do evil deeds when they aren't home.
>>
>>24536818
Nebraska has that law because everyone wants to run
>>
>>24536404
Am I still banned?
Testing
/shelter/ life here btw, hopeully getting a GRH 1br apartment within a month or 2!
>>
>>24536866
Sorry for the shitpost guys, thought I was still IP range blocked. Shithead janitors
>>
>>24536866
What city you at? Is your career aspect of your life looking like shit?
>>
>>24536404
how is /homeless/ life? Maybe I should run away across the country and see how life is on the other side.
>>
Tfw eastern european and being homeless wouldn't be as far as so perfect as in the US
>>
>>24536906
21 college dropout, no job currently and no family really
Minnesota
>>
>>24536924
Which country? I imagine some would be worse than others.
>>
>all these hobos flocking to Georgia

Go to Alabama, at least there you'd look like everyone else
>>
That's the sad truth. I live in upstate NY which is basically the same as eastern Europe but I can go to Florida or California easy as fuck and be warm

>>24536987
How are you getting an apartment with no job
>>
>>24536922

It depends on what kind of hobo you are. If you're cool you'll become trendy and well known and people will give you money and let you sleep at their house and shit. I've even been on youtube a few times for faggy film student movies. It's very liberating and fun as long as you can find food, don't associate with sketchballs, and have a decent spot to sleep. My day basically consists of hanging out with my hippie friends and smoking weed, panhandling, selling a few cigs, then i buy something to eat, then I find a water hose/sink to take a birdbath in. Some days I go to concerts and parties, sometimes I'll stay at someones house for like a week. If you plan on being homeless, do it in a big city with leftie values, because you'll live well there.
>>
>>24536987
Ahh another minnebot. whereabouts?
>>
>>24537036
People just let you sleep at their house? What's a decent spot like? Do you sleep in a group with your hippie friends?
>>
>>24537029
The gub'ment is helping me because of my mental health, history of homelessness and hospitalizations and shit :/
Plan on getting a part time job, in which case I'll have to pay 30% of whatever I make towards rent. Or I might try to work under the table for cash because /mischievous/
>>
>>24536987
Did you per chance go through CRC at the union gospel mission?
>>
How do you deal with winters? Sleeping outside in -20 is not fun, I've tried.
>>
>>24537143
You tell me m80, if I tell what county I'm in its a dead giveaway of the exact building im at. Idk, I'm paranoid. I can tell you I was staying at Union gospel in st paul in the summer.
Where you at?
>>
>>24537174
Not CRC but I did stay at Union gospel for a while this summer! /cotlife/
>>
>>24537162

Yea, after we become friends and they get to know me. Alternative bohemian artsy people are just really nice and accepting. A decent spot would be a place where sketchy fuckers aren't around, and in a decent neighborhood. I sleep in a small community park in an upper class neighborhood, since I wake up when the sun comes up i'm gone before anyone notices.
>>
>>24537029
What city are you in?
Same
>>
>>24537361
>city

I live in a random patch of cornfield 8 hours off the map
>>
File: 1422006247009.jpg (8 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
1422006247009.jpg
8 KB, 249x202
How does one get gubment assistance? Im that dude from an earlier post that lives with his Gf. I try to get assistance, but I get turned down all the time, been homeless off and on for years, plus working any job with bipolar is challenging. They never really explained it to me
>>
>>24537387
Wish I could help
I know it varies county to county and sometimes living in a homeless shelter can accelerate the process

Regardless, your best bet would be to get in contact with a case manager/social worker and ask them everything and explain your situation
>>
Why do y'all go to Georgia is it because it's cheap and warm?
>>
>>24537387
depends on what state you live in
>>
>>24536845
What, y'all a bunch of niggers and dirty mexicans or somethin?
>>
File: uncle remus.jpg (1 MB, 1610x2071) Image search: [Google]
uncle remus.jpg
1 MB, 1610x2071
>>24537387
Apply for social security disability.
It could take multiple attempts.
You may need to get legal assistance to state your case to the gubment.

I got it for my mental health and chronic pain. It took me three times I think before I was accepted.
>>
>>24537488
For my gf, regret followed soon after
>>
>>24536491
do they know you're just living on the streets, or do you make up shit?
>>
>>24537528
>chronic pain
You on some nice hardcore pain meds?
>>
>>24537528
Don't you have to get actually diagnosed and recommended by a doctor?

I have chronic nausea every day, anxiety and PTSD, I think I'm insane, CFS, insomnia, and more shit
>>
For all my Ameribros who want to (or have to) be homeless, at least save up and buy a car (and license if you need one) first if you don't have one. It is by far the most important thing unless you want to starve under a park bench.
>>
Do you shave your pubes while homeless?
>>
I'm living out of a pretty stereotypical pedo van. Not the first time I've been homeless but this time I have somewhere to sleep, and a laptop and some amenities. I'm sitting in a Tim Hortons right now because it's open all night, drinking a coffee and reading 4chan.
>>
>>24537674
I sure fucking haven't
This shit is getting ridiculous
Been about a got damn year
>>
>>24537028
Yeah, in Georgia your white skin would stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>24537585
Yes. I was recommended by my doctor and therapist/social worker.

I also have multiple hospitalizations in mental hospitals for being suicidal. It helps and you get out of the house for a couple days.
>>
File: this is fine.png (238 KB, 407x511) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
238 KB, 407x511
>>24537549
I have Lyrica and Nortrypaline which is OK but I would prefer to be on a narcotic medication.
>>
>>24537681
Get that free McDonalds coffee, today's last day
>>
>>24537810
do they send you to the hospital just for telling them you're suicidal?
>>
>>24536490
Oh cause her hair looks like a wave bahahaha good one
>>
>>24537855
I don't really like their coffee. I'm only in here because it's cold out and they won't let me stay unless I buy something.
I took so long to reply because I got a 15-minute posting block for calling the janitors faggots for deleting a post that didn't break any rules.
>>
>>24537861
Not exactly.

You need to have a plan or have a failed suicide attempt. For example, one of the first times I had to go was for a drug overdose. You could probably get away with ODing on Tylenol or something cheap to "have a plan". If you're going to claim you're suicidal YOU HAVE TO HAVE A LEGIT PLAN.
>>
Would it be possible to live in my universities library?
Like when they close, could I just hide somewhere, or would they be on the lookout for stuff like that
You need a student card to get into the library btw
>>
>>24536535
fix'd for ya
>Slept with who I could
>liberated womenz
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.