[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what am I supposed to do if I have an entire year ahead of me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: infected cat.jpg (29 KB, 498x255) Image search: [Google]
infected cat.jpg
29 KB, 498x255
what am I supposed to do if I have an entire year ahead of me with no collage no job and no friends

I just graduated and planned on travelling and taking a gap year
but it fell apart

I need social situations or ill die
>>
>>24535533
Job.
no shit.
>>
>>24535533
Do you have any money? You should travel or some shit. It doesn't have to be a lot of cash. Just enough for two plane tickets and a food budget.
>>
>>24535549
I cant get even a mcjob where I live

>>24535556
like a little over 1000$ bucks to my name
but where?
If im travelling I want to make sure I get some self actualization
rather than the tourist to attraction route
but im too stupid to be able to do it with absolutely zero structure
>>
>>24535644
Well, with $1000 you're sure as hell not going to be able to do tourist-y things, unless it was a short trip. I've never done anything like this, so maybe you should ask >>>/out/ for some backpacking infographics and websites?
>>
File: @#@@.gif (46 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
@#@@.gif
46 KB, 600x450
>>24535834
what about

2000$?

if I pulled some strings in the mommy bank
>>
>>24536026
Obviously the more money you have, the better. I'm saying you could probably backpack through Europe (or wherever) for a little while on $1000, but just not be able to waste money on the tourist traps.
>>
>>24535834
>>24536026
>>24536075

OP you're a fucking retard. Where did you think you were going to "travel" with $2k? You'd spend half of that just getting a plane ticket out of the country.
>>
>>24536126
You don't need a whole lot of money to backpack and stay at youth hostels.
>>
>>24536158
OP here

thats what I was thinking of doing

and I dont want to do anything remotely touristy

im looking to meet people and to have a very experiencey experience
>>
>>24536158

You need more than $2k especially if you expect to buy round trip plane tickets.
>>
>>24536445
http://www.travelinsurancereview.net/2010/05/18/how-much-does-it-cost-to-travel-to-europe/

>Round-trip airline tickets to Europe are ranging from $1000 to $1500 during high season and can be as low as $500 during off season (September through May).

Who cares if he goes on the off season?
>>
>I need social situations or ill die

kill yourself
>>
do you even really have the balls to go out on your own in unfamiliar situations like you're speaking of? will you REALLY be okay out in the world by yourself with nobody to help you or rely on?
what do you think this trip is going to achieve? you're putting financial burden not only on yourself but possibly your parents. what will you do when you're out of funds?

maybe focus on your personal goals first and then pick up hiking and camping as a hobby if you really want an outdoors experience. it's nothing for amateurs to simply leap into. and the world is a very dangerous place. you will get lost easily. you will be susceptible to being mugged, and killed or dying of starvation.

by the way if you go out of country, expect to shell out money for a phone in that area, because your countries will not work
>>
Why are normals so pathetically weak?
>>
File: 1446088864670.jpg (316 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446088864670.jpg
316 KB, 768x1024
>>24536779
im not worried about my safety or having a sensory overload
just my enjoyment and level of self actualization/improvement
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.