[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I was a kid, I used to dream of immortality. I was terrified
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1384267095679.jpg (109 KB, 440x523) Image search: [Google]
1384267095679.jpg
109 KB, 440x523
When I was a kid, I used to dream of immortality. I was terrified of death and oblivion. Now I'm 31 and I'm like "jesus 40 more years of this shit?"

Any other old(er)fag feels?
>>
File: 1411323159136.jpg (53 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
1411323159136.jpg
53 KB, 600x860
>tfw no one knows these feels
>>
Same OP, I watched a lot of Life of After People and fantasized about being immortal and seeing the world change like it did in the show
>>
I would happily live forever just to watch shit happen. I don't want to get involved or have to do stuff. But I'd hate to miss out on seeing all that great future tv. And ww3.
>>
>>24534674
Yeah and that sounds nice and all, except you have bills and colds/flu and shit for all eternity.
>>
those 40 years will feel like 10 years at most
>>
>>24534716
why would you care about any of that if you can't die? live in a cardboard box on the side of the street
>>
>>24534716
Yeah. There's proper immortality and then there's the idea of trudging along and existing forever.
>>
I'm only 20, but the thought of another 45 years as a worling citizen make me want to kill myself. I've only been a member of the working class for a year and I'm already just fucking exhausted with life. The thought of working my ass off every day for low pay depresses me, and the depression makes it impossible for me to feel energetic or motivated enough to work towards a better career. Society has literally brought me to the point where just dying would be easier than putting in effort.
>>
>>24534845
That's because you know your job is pointless busy work. Like the majority of jobs since technology passed the point where most things could be automated.
People are only working because of a vicious cycle, tradition thing. Your parents suffered their whole lives working, so you have to. Even if society can be structured in such a way that most people could live a life of leisure, it wouldn't be fair on the people who have already worked or on the people who would still have to work.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.