[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good natural antipsychotics? Please no /adv/ they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: 1442175179045.gif (408 KB, 408x303) Image search: [Google]
1442175179045.gif
408 KB, 408x303
What are some good natural antipsychotics? Please no /adv/ they are so slow. Or something good for the brain that isn't fish.
>>
Morphine
>>
>>24534210
I doubt so. Or is it?
>>
>>24532900
meditation
positive reinforcement, thinking and general optimism
socializing
balanced diet and exercise and restful sleep
sunshine, fresh air and occasional change of scenery
wisdom, sensibility, moderation and discipline

all natural
>>
>>24532900
>natural antipsychotics

Nicotine.

Serious. Try nicotine patches or gum (protip: it leaves a fucking awful aftertaste, get some hard candies or something else to drown out the taste after you use it). In a pinch, use some snuff or chewing tobacco, but prepare for some mild nausea if you haven't used before.

Obviously, do sparingly, don't pick up a habit...that shit is harder to kick than opiates.
>>
Nicotine. About 90% of schizophrenics smoke, and psych wards are about the only place in any hospital that tolerates tobacco use.
>>
>>24534956
Are you serious? I mean you gotto be serious I don't want to get hooked on nicotine for no reason.
>>24534920
Do you know any good meditation?
>>
>meditation

Absolute disabler of consciousness and critical skills to the result of believing religious bullshit.

>positive reinforcement

Tautology: 'remember to only believe in things are true'.

>positive thinking and general optimism

Narrows consciousness.

>socializing

Depending 100% on with whom.

>balanced diet and exercise and restful sleep
>sunshine, fresh air and occasional change of scenery

Maybe.

>wisdom, sensibility

Tautologies.

>moderation and discipline

Does more harm than good by making you emotional.
>>
>>24534995
Not him. YouTube "So Hum" and give it a try
>>
>>24534995
for a start any meditation is good meditation

i usually do it when I have trouble falling asleep. Any internal conflicts I have I mediate and meditate with myself within my mind. Whats troubling me, what I need to do, how to do it, how to overcome it.

Sometimes its scary, backing myself into a corner in my own mind but at least I am dealing with the fear instead of avoiding it entirely like one would irl.

Just close your eyes, sitting up, lying down whatever. Just think and unravel any issues you might have and deal with problems internally and not let it snowball on you. Its just a way of dealing with stress if you have any
>>
>>24535009
I wish I could moderate in this psychosis bullshit;
>>
>>24534995

I'm serious. I've used it myself at bad times (not smoking, just methods in my post).

Here's one place that talks about it: http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/09/08/nicotine-therapy-for-schizophrenia/59285.html

Not for regular use, I think
>>
>>24535009
>Absolute disabler of consciousness and critical skills
Sauce on that? Most research shows that meditation increases grey matter and improves attention span.
>>
>>24535090
Looking into myself has horrible consequences for me. But now that I think about it I often sort of deactivate it by trying to be aware of fears and trying to feel weak like accepting it but I don't know if it will work.
>>24535144
I'll try it out I guess. I'm already ragingly addicted to coffee so what the hell.
>>
>>24535080
>>24535090
I used to be sad to see you gullible idiots confuse objectification of a personal problem or struggle ('I have become aware of its existence') for something that facilitates its solution (namely, letting the mind wander so as to identify its causes and consequences and related aspects/events/factors/...). In other words, to see you being unaware of the distinction between having become emotionally arrested by having acutely felt the impact of something ('I have become aware that I have relationship problems... oh shit... I really do, I'm really feeling it, I'm really feeling it... so good I felt it, now I can let go of it... thanks, meditation, for giving me this opportunity to let go, self-awareness is awesome') with letting the mind roam and reason about it ('relationship problems... ha. this reminds me of... wait, did that girl-- holy shit, she actually said-- so THAT'S why she did it! it changes everything!'), which only can happen insofar as you're not in the 'meditative' emotional self-absorption.

Now I don't. Now I am, again, just glad that the stupider you become, the smarter I'm going to seem in comparison.
>>
>>24532900
fish

no but seriously your brain loves fishy omega 3.
>>
>>24535203
thats why I also mentioned positive reinforcement and optimism

you can practice this as well. basically the glass is not half empty but half full. What I mean by this is, change the way you think and the words you use.

You may have referred to something as disgusting might be referred to as unpleasant and soon unpleasant might become okay, or needs improvement. Soon you might refer to yourself not as pathetic but rather still improving. This sort of mentality takes practice but if you find yourself being negative just replace it with something less severe.

What you say might not work could also be said as it could work.
>>
>>24535193
>Most

Incorrect. ALL research shows that. Because the researchers don't look for the things they should.

>increases grey matter

For all the incessant accusations that I 'ignore studies', I have always been the first person to say this. But also to point out that it's meaningless if it alters your emotional values so that you never put those gains to proper use.

>improves attention span

At the expense of mind-wandering without which one doesn't become aware of problems to attend to in the first place.
>>
File: 7a1[1].png (224 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
7a1[1].png
224 KB, 365x365
>>24535241
Show us the way, smart guy.
>>
>>24535311
How about not uncritically believing in benefits of a practice whose proponents at the same time say that it 'builds awareness' and 'clears the mind', for starters?
>>
>>24535302
>At the expense of mind-wandering

Of course, research of 'meditation' is pure selection bias. 'It reduces mind-wandering which, yes, makes you less conscious, less creative, less able to help others, less able to think of solutions and of problems to solve, but it also REMOVES RUMINATING, so it's good!!!'.
>>
>>24535302
This post is just... wow. Meditation doesn't alter your emotional values. It simply promotes mindfulness over emotional reaction. If you're overly-emotional, you aren't able to objectively analyze the problems in your life.

Simply put, rumination focuses your attention on your problems. Mindfulness allows you to focus on solutions.
>>
>>24535294
>This sort of mentality takes practice

>I'm a shit person. I need to improve.
>I'm a bad person. I might have to improve.
>I'm an okay person. I might improve.
>I'm a decent person. I could improve.
>I'm a good person. Improving is nice.
>I'm a great person. I don't need to improve.
>...

But of course, you're just going that that magically won't happen as soon as I magically declare on the outset once or twice that it won't happen.

Irresponsible retard.
>>
>>24535009
You are being that guy who comes up with all these grand criticism but is unable to provide solutions.

People like you at the end of the day yield zero results no matter how smart you think you are being.

Talk big but can't accomplish anything.
>>
>>24535456
you can refer to this >>24535465
>>
>>24535445
Awww, he still believes 'mindfulness' is an unambiguous terms and that human beings should be considered in terms of 'capacity' as opposed to quantifiable tendencies of the brain. And he thinks that self-referential meta-thoughts don't preclude occurrence of externally denoting thoughts, too! Just like I did, back when I haven't done my reading on 'meditation'.
>>
>>24535445
Also.

>If you're overly-emotional, you aren't able to objectively analyze the problems in your life.

Agreed completely.

And now read again what it says on the cover of literally every of tens of thousands of 'meditation' textbooks in existence, except try for some comprehension this time.

'It makes you aware of your thoughts and emotions.'
>>
Taurine in some cases has been proven to be decent towards it. What's going on OP? you got bipolar or something?

Anyway, magnesium has proven to be a good mood stabilizer if you need that when lithium hasn't proven to be effective in some patients, this is because they work on the same site.

Taurine and magnesium is synergistic.

I won't say this will work for everyone, but I used these two things and haven't had a manic episode in 3 years.
>>
>>24535241
Are you.. are you serious? Do you even realise what a psychosis is? No letting the mind wander isn't going to help me bro but your comment is noted not
>>
>>24535583
I recently came up with a metaphor for this phenomenon.

'Meditating' is like having fallen into a hole in the ground, and instead of climbing out, digging it even deeper, so that you can put your eye level on the level where your feet at first were, so that you can see exactly and objectively how deep the hole ways.

It's trying to extinguish a fire with oil. It's saying that you can focus on external environment and not your emotions by making you focus on your emotions, except with the promise that as soon as the latter happens, your brain will magically jump to focusing on the external environment. No study has even proven this.
>>
>>24535512
>he think thesaurus abuse makes him sound smart rather than a pretentious blowhard.

>>24535583
You can't possibly think this good argument. Being aware of your thoughts and emotions allows you to control them.
>>
>>24532900
research "super vitamins" (vitamin c with nicotinic acid)
>>
>>24535676
Holy shit so it's true. Everybody is saying it. I'll give it a shot IF I manage to wake up before 6pm
>>
>>24535645
>how deep the hole ways
*was

>Being aware of your thoughts and emotions allows you to control them.

'Control' is a meaningless term, silly. All that matters is occurrence of proper thoughts in the brain. Does it happen? Yes or no? No smoke screen of 'self-control' or 'mastery of the mind' or 'introspection'. Facts please. Does 'meditation' make me, as I argue with someone, rather notice that he committed this or that fallacy (yes, I am aware this word is cringed upon) and berate the fucker for it, or rather pseudo-notice that 'oh no, I was emotional, I was angry, what might have caused this, emotionality, what should I do with it, mindfulness doesn't have a protocol for this, should I let go, yes, I think I should let go, emotions are horrible'?

Tip: it's the latter.
>>
oh don't mind me, testing out something
>>
>>24535709
Meant to quote >>24535649.

>misquoteblox
>>
>>24535583
>'It makes you aware of your thoughts and emotions.'

(The overarching fallacy on which continued adoption of 'meditation' relies is that 'awareness' is a non-zero-sum-game; that no awareness of something, such as your thoughts/emotions, can displace awareness of your environment. A subfallacy is that even if this happens, 'meditating' 'allows' you to notice (wrong) and counteract (wrong) it.)
>>
>>24535709
>i don't know what i'm talking about, and i try to mask that fact by using vague, convoluted language.

>>24535837
You claim it's a fallacy. Back up that claim or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>24535869
>Back up that claim or shut the fuck up.

It's you who are claiming that 'meditation' makes you more aware, creative, introspective, more cognitively efficient, and so on.

Surely you have sources?

Oh wait, it seems your sources define awareness as having your brain regularly derail its train of thought with 'I just noticed I am thinking', 'creativity' as social abandon in which you're disinhibited and ready to ramble about whatever at the researcher, introspection as being in a haze of having 1/3 of your attention consumed by sensory sensations, and improved congition as dropping everything else and performing a task the researcher gave you to the point of becoming oblivious to the broader context and parallel mind wandering.

But that's literally no problem to you. Because at least you feel better.
>>
>>24535947
In other words, >>24535869, being the tender age of 20, you are still unaware how ideologically motivated studies intentionally use ambiguous language so to associate a practice which dumbs the society with positive outcomes.
>>
>>24535947
Okay, so you attacked my sources. Fine.

The fact remains that you cannot back up your uneducated, unsourced, pseudo-scientific claim.

So back up your claim or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>24535998
>ideologically motivated
Exactly which ideology?

>which dumbs the society
I have yet to see proof of this... Oh, it's been claimed several times in this thread alone. Still yet to be proven.
>>
>>24536009
>unsourced, pseudo-scientific

Allow me to point out that this is a contradiction.

>unsourced

Wonder why. Surely because it's impossible to measure things such as strictness of definitions, choice of interests, or perception of details in the environment... oh wait.

Also, one day, you might understand why unsourced claims are more imprtant for science than sourced ones.
>>
>>24536065
>unsourced, pseudo-scientific
>contradiction

You are literally too stupid to debate. This will be my last post in this thread.
>>
>>24536065
>Allow me to point out that this is a contradiction.

Well, sorry, redundancy strictly speaking. If a claim is pseudoscientific, it is unfalsifiable and a source isn't needed. And if it's sourced, it has to be falsifiable to be relevant.
>>
>>24536101
>This will be my last post in this thread.

Pity you didn't even get to your first point in it.
>>
File: 4181811188851.png (46 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
4181811188851.png
46 KB, 569x571
>>24535947
>It's you who are claiming that 'meditation' makes you more aware, creative, introspective, more cognitively efficient
Nobody who is psychotic needs any of those things gtfo my thread you attention whoring neckbeard! Make your own thread for all I care. And no nothing you say makes any sense.
>>
>>24536065
>Wonder why. Surely because it's impossible to measure things such as strictness of definitions, choice of interests, or perception of details in the environment... oh wait.

In fact, I wonder which kind of evasion and sophistry would the faculty of any top-tier university engage if I send them a trivial design of 'meditation vs awareness' (or, 'mindfulness vs actual mindfulness') study. Or in fact, I wouldn't even have to design anything: just the 'missing element' subscale of WAIS would suffice, it being not really a performance subscale.
>>
>>24536201
Well, I believe that among the materials on 'meditation' that you haven't read before speaking about it there is one or two about it explicitly increasing the risk of psychotic episodes. I believe one was connected with some stabbing incident or something. Google it.
>>
>>24536247
>i believe
>don't know where i saw it
>you find it

you sure showed me
>>
>>24536247
>all meditation studies should assess not only positive but negative effects

Good going. It only took you five decades to realize that.
>>
>>24535402
>>24535445

Don't respond to that guy. He lurks fucking 24/7 and shows up in literally every thread that makes the slightest mention of meditation to spam his autistic worldview. He's retarded and there's no point in trying to talk to him. If you get him too worked up he'll start replying to his own posts and drown the thread in endless paragraphs of nonsense.
>>
>>24536247
Oh yeah? Which of the hundreds of meditation types was it? Also kiss my ass pseudo-intelligent cocksucker.
>>
>>24536304
Well done! You memorized the graphic almost verbatim. The author must be proud. You missed the 'mentally ill' part though for some reason.
>>
>>24536321

I didn't post a "graphic" so I'm not sure what you're referencing.

This is what I'm talking about, by the way. How are you ALWAYS in these threads? I'm hardly on this board at all any more and I'm sure there are dozens of meditation threads I've never seen but every time I see one, you're there. Get a life senpai.
>>
>>24536119
It's not really even a redundancy. A claim may be sourced, but it's conclusion reached in a pseudoscientific manner.
>>
>>24536433
>How are you ALWAYS in these threads?

The only question there is to ask is what has led you to believe that literalness of the term 'always' can be sacrificed for emphasis, and I know the answer.

>Get a life senpai.

Already do; it is filled with 'mindful' 'meditating' morons telling me that I'm not a self-aware, fully realized, complete human being unless my brain issues an IRQ that 'I am working at the moment, I am having a thought at the moment' every five seconds.
>>
>>24534956
This. Though I would recommend snus
>>
>>24536763
>my brain issues an IRQ that 'I am working at the moment, I am having a thought at the moment' every five seconds

In fact, this is a complete explanation of 'mindfulness'.

>An IRQ is basically a work order sent by a peripheral device to the microprocessor in a computer. A processor will interrupt the task it is performing and execute the new instruction provided by the IRQ. When the new instructions have been completed, the processor returns to its prior task.

>'Mindfunless' is basically a sensation sent by a peripheral area of the brain to the reasoning and noticing faculty. The facult will interrupt the thought it is considering and contemplate the new sensation provided by 'mindfulness'. When the new sensation will have worn off, the reasoning returns to its prior task.

Perfect.
>>
weed lad
>>
>>24536882
Actually, cannabis is not that bad of a drug, relatively speaking.

>What do you get when you cross a stoner and a 'meditating' moron?
>Someone who's too lazy to give retarded opinions.
>>
>>24536913
you should start smoking weed
>>
>>24537144
My taking up cannabis (or 'meditation', or trying 'psychedelics') would definitely benefit *you*, yes.
>>
>>24534920
>all natural
Seriously, be more obnoxious
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.