[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy crap, is /mu/ elitist. How the fuck do you become like that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: clownrape.jpg (33 KB, 720x241) Image search: [Google]
clownrape.jpg
33 KB, 720x241
Holy crap, is /mu/ elitist. How the fuck do you become like that?
>>
>>24532358
throw away the disturbed and breaking benjamin cds and listen to better music
>>
>implying you just don't have pleb taste

go cry into taytay's pancake
>>
>>24532358
they have literally nothing else to feel proud about so they build their self-esteem on their consumption habits
>>
>>24532358
see
>>24532409

Anyone who bases their self image around their choice in consumption is going to be a shit person. It's much worse with things like music that are mostly a matter of personal preference with no objective standards of measurement.
>>
>>24532383
yeah, like pop music?
thats literally what they listen to dude, pop music.
Its fucking pathetic. Like, fuck. Kanye West and katy perry threads and shit up on that board, its laughable.

I mean, I thought 4chan as a whole was better than this. you dont see /fa/ telling everyone to wear polo shirts and khakis, they make fun of that shit. They're original and edgy, they fit into this site.

/mu/ is just a bunch of normies who are elitist about their pleb as fuck taste, its embarassing.
>>
>>24532383

>implying I listen to that shit

>>60615680 is me

I can shuffle again, in case that's too small a sample. :^)
>>
>>24532358
/mu/ is just teenagers now

it was 100x worse back in 2008/2009
>>
File: 1447244659410.jpg (92 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1447244659410.jpg
92 KB, 612x612
>>24532468
/mu/ here

you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, probably just visited /mu/ once got insulted and now you made this thread

kanye is common on /mu/ but mostly seen as pleb
katy perry is not posted there at all

and there's plenty of good pop music so you're showing your inner pleb by basing the entirety of the pop genre off the radio or some shit without an educated opinion on the genre as a whole

what are your fav bands/artists out of interest, i'm guessing it's /b/ tier to get you so pissed off
>>
>>24532358
Shittiest board on 4chan by far. Only one that even comes close is /cgl/
>>
>>24532492

Fucking hell am I stupid, I can't even link to another thread.

Anyway, this is the thread I meant. >>>/mu/60612592

Am I Evil? - Metallica
Purple Stain - RHCP
Sound of da Police - KRS-One
Picture Me Rollin' - 2Pac
Blood Sugar Sex Magik - RHCP
Shine On You Crazy Diamond [Part 1-5] - Pink Floyd
Stan - Eminem feat. Dido
Renegade - Jay-Z feat. Eminem
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode

This is me.

Space Oddity - David Bowie
Ace Of Spades - Motorhead
Haze - Spektre
Under The Bridge - RHCP
By The Way - RHCP (wtf, I don't even listen to RHCP that much)
Ambitions Az A Ridah - 2Pac
The Becoming - Nine Inch Nails
It Wasn't Me - Shaggy
The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin

That's not Disturbed tier brah.
>>
>>24532606
Its normie hipster tier, but I dont base my personality off of it.
Avett brothers, tallest man on earth, neutral milk

I've been to /mu/ loads of times a year or two ago, people worshiped kanye and everyone had the album called twisted fantasy or whatever on their last.fm or picture collage.

Its not about pop music being good or not, its that its pleb. /fa/ dressed outlandishly, /pol/ is counter culture politics, /r9k/ rails against normies, /v/ hates casual non hardcore games.
Only /mu/ embraces casual normie garbage.
Its a normie faggot board for normies. The 4chan /mu/ board should be for crazy unheard of music that normies hate. They should literally just go to reddit at this point.
>>
>>24532606
>you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, probably just visited /mu/ once got insulted and now you made this thread

I'm OP anon, not him. I never got insulted, I'm just suprised to see such elitism, I'm not criticizing. You don't see people on /v/, /tv/, /lit/ etc like that.
>>
>>24532650
your taste is regular normie core based off those
ranging from decent to meh
judging from that you haven't explored music much

>>24532688
>tallest man on earth
fantastic artist

Pop music is not pleb. You must be talking about radio pop and normie pop. What about Dream Pop, Noise Pop and etc. ? There's tons of good stuff from every genre. For someone to say an entire genre sucks based off one part of it is just stupid.

Also you have to search for the good threads on /mu/. At face value there are a lot of normies but the good threads are there, you just have to find them.

>>24532732
/tv/ seems very elitist in my experience
>>
>>24532358

I was kicked out of /lit/ because I didnt have a russian author in my top 5.
>>
>>24532606
>>24532388
>>24532383
"I hope you find somebody." - The Weeknd
>>
>>24532838
>tv/ seems very elitist in my experience

they think everything is shit. Like Stan form that south park episode. but nothing like mu or lit. lot of waifu shit.
>>
>>24532467
>Anyone who bases their self image around their choice in consumption is going to be a shit person.

This is what religious people actually believe.

You think that things such as agreeableness, willingness to disagree amiably, to concede that taste is subjective, to say intellectually centrifugal things such as 'to each his own', is 'true value'. Wrong. There are types of consumption that build your brain, and types that degenerate it. This distinction is very real in music. I am realizing how important it is that I don't go back to inferior songs I used to like just a couple of years or months ago.
>>
>>24533367
In other words, yes, I am consciously identifying with my taste (in music, art, people, vocabulary, morality as far as I'm able to display it, clothing, ...), because there is nothing there outside it except the aforementioned religious cliches about tolerance and mutual understanding, which lead you nowhere.
>>
your feel when people from /mu/ unironically like yeezus and constantly bicker about what nigger can sizzurp-tongue in rhythm the best rather than actually discussing music outside of the general threads
>>
>>24533367

https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails/a-warm-place

Does this stuff build or degenerate? :^) Curious.
>>
>>24532838
Tv claims to be elitist, but the most discussed movies are actually the mainstream ones like Star Wars or capeshit.
It's more meme central than anything now.
>>
>>24532838
>/tv/ seems very elitist in my experience
It really isn't at all if you're interested in discussing films, cimena, or kino.
>>
>>24533465
My old Opera didn't play the SoundCloud, so I listened to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpPzGT9_3o hoping it is the same thing.

Absolutely degenerative. Gets the brain to just hang in the haze of the rhythm in the background, doesn't inspire potential future players to improve their technique, justifies lazy playing via 'it's fine to be lazy as long as it sets the mood', the mood evoked isn't even reminiscent of particular emotions but just religious grandiosity. Approximately as bad as rap.
>>
>>24533596
Why would anyone have any faith in your views if, by your own admission, the songs you liked jut a few months ago are shit?

What you are comparing that song against now, you may realize is shit in just a few short months.

Also, if you're going to go the full pseudo-intellectual, why don't you choose something that actually calls for it, like literature?
>>
>>24533462
>constantly bicker about what nigger can sizzurp-tongue in rhythm the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3rPeVvte0U

Probably this one.
>>
>>24533747
>Why would anyone have any faith in your views if, by your own admission, the songs you liked jut a few months ago are shit?

That's the very, and lone, point of self-development. To find shitty things that you didn't, to grow; specifically grow out of the worst danger to taste, namely 'less is more'.

>why don't you choose something that actually calls for it, like literature?

I am too stupid to read.
>>
File: laugh-00011.jpg (53 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
laugh-00011.jpg
53 KB, 512x384
>If you like music that isn't popular you're a try hard hipster
>Only popular music is good
>I listen to nigger music
>>
>>24532732
>You don't see people on /v/, /tv/, /lit/ etc like that.
Are you serious? /v/ and /lit/ are both known for being elitist (despite having shit tastes)
>>
If anything it's not elitist enough. There are always way too many threads about shitty hipster artists like Kanye West, Death Grips, and [insert FOTM female singer here].
>>
>>24534015
>Kanye
>Hipster
He's a celebrity.
>>
>>24533979

/v/ talks about and plays games that you would expect a lot of other people to know and play. /lit/ often talks about classics that many people would know. It's /mu/ that seems to listen to stuff that I haven't heard of before almost to the exclusion of better known stuff. (except maybe for David Bowie)

Maybe that means that my tastes in music are more pleb than my tastes in literature or games, but I doubt it. You will see a lot more normie stuff mentioned in the latter.
>>
>>24532383
Breaking Benjamin is GOAT tho
>>
>>24534262
If you haven't heard of anything /mu/ talks about at all, then yes your tastes are probably pleb.
It's not like this stuff is obscure.
>>
>>24534634

I think it's that I don't follow modern music.
>>
all interest boards are elitist at closer inspection.

this is 4chan after all, we all were edgy teenagers at a point - some still are. don't expect people to be polite or condescending towards your undeveloped taste
>>
>>24534862

Hey, I couldn't care less about condescension. I'm just suprised at the extent of the difference of pleb and patrician in music, when compared to vidya, for example.
>>
If it makes you feel any better OP, the most elitist people are simply chronic consumers of media, and nothing else.
>>
/emoe/ is literally the best thing to happen in my life
>>
>>24535238
I'm an emo fan and I fucking hate those threads. I'd like to discuss emo without a bunch of anime neckbeard tripfags ruining everything.
>>
Tell them that field recording is the best form of music ever and you guys are pleb for listening to albums.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.