[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Absolutely great at math >Can write good papers >Horrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: hammer.jpg (36 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
36 KB, 876x493
>Absolutely great at math
>Can write good papers
>Horrible with my hands
>Have never been able to catch a ball
>Have a weird dis-association with reality
>Can't stop living inside of my head no matter what I do
>Can't stop thinking no matter what I'm doing
>Scared of everything
>College is literally the only path I can take that will let me have a happy life

Who else is the same?
My dad has been forcing me to work with him in construction for the past 1/2 year and it hasn't gotten any better. He doesn't even let me do anything since he's too worried about what I'll do. I'm fairly certain I'm going to be stuck this way for the rest of my life. I think my dad is in denial of my aptitude for blue-collar work.
>>
>>24531308
I'm the complete opposite to your first and third greenline. I also hate people like you because the education system caters to you and treats me and people like me as filth.
>>
File: tfw12.jpg (75 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
tfw12.jpg
75 KB, 601x601
>tfw dumb
all I ever wanted was to be an engineer
>>
>>24531384
OP here.
I understand where you're coming from.
I think the education system is down right idiotic because of this. I can't believe people look down on people who work with their hands.
These are the same people that think it's always easy to do construction.

It's absolute insanity. There are many different forms of intelligence, and I don't understand why people can't see that.
>>
>>24531308
>College is literally the only path I can take that will let me have a happy life
i wouldnt say happy. more like successful, instead.

>>24531441
i would tell you to pick up a trade, but OP says this:
>He doesn't even let me do anything since he's too worried about what I'll do.
this is very common amongst apprentices these days. your mentor will rag on you for not doing shit properly, so you say, "teach me." he says, "not now, not enough time." next time around you ask to do something for that experience, and they'll pull this "worried you'll fuck it up" on you.
>>
You think too much, learn to be able to react instinctively when needed, it will cure your social anxiety and make you good with your hands.

Start with a hobby sport that you find fun, like longboarding or whatever and integrate it into your daily life, learn to say the first thing that comes to your mind despite it seeming silly, your quality filter is just too high for the general population - people say stupid shit all the time.

Might seem impossible but you'll get the hang of it. Pay more attention to what's happening around you, what people are saying, don't keep commenting on everything in your mind.
>>
>>24531308
you sound like you know how to study well

I have a problem, I have this very important math exam tomorrow, if I don't score 75% and above, I may have to redo the entire course. I can probably cover all the material with some respective practice problems, this leaves me about 6 hours to sleep.

But, I'm also thinking about pull an all-nighter, doing more practice problems, so that I might do a bit better in the exam.

would you recommend going for the 6 hours sleep, or a all-nighter with 6 hours of practice problems?
>>
>>24531308
Same feels, OP.

I'm really good at school and love theoretical stuff but I'm totally fucking uncoordinated in everything physical I do, people constantly look at me like I'm a retard. My entire family is religiously into sports and I've always been a laughing stock for not being able to catch a baseball
>>
>>24531547
additionally, i don't think normies ever strive to improve. i say this going by what my "father figures" have to say about their coworkers. you can try to improve, but its not expected of you. a lot of us have the impression we need to do well, and i believe that makes us misguided.

>>24531575
go sleep and fuck off.
>>
>>24531308
Same desu. Even though I've worked extensively on my social skills and spent half my life deeply considering the world and my place in it, I feel incompetent and unfit to even stay alive. I'm getting anxious even writing this now, as self-disclosure causes me to fear that I will only be warped and demonized as time goes on. Studying is the only thing I can do; but for what? If I don't even have the strength to attend college, why don't I just give up?
>>
>>24531575
Whatever you do don't be tired for a math test.
It will fuck you.

Well it fucks me.
It depends how good you are at doing math when you're dead tired.

It's probably a good idea to sleep even if it gives you a slight chance of difficulty.

Get off of /r9k/ and study for as long as you can and do a bunch of practice problems but be sure to get a good nights sleep.
>>
>>24531515
Your point makes sense but
>there are many different types of intelligence
Is bullshit.
>>
>>24531631
>>24531725

Thanks a bunch guys. Let's hope we all make it through.
>>
>>24531308
Then go to college and become a fucking math teacher or something
>>
>>24531384
Also this, OP is a mother fucking nerd. I hope you and the education system burn in hell
>>
>>24531758
I can guarantee you're not qualified enough to make that statement.
>>
>>24531308
You are describing a case of Asperger's syndrome. Get diagnosed.
>>
>>24531938
OP here
I probably am an asperger, but every online test I've taken has shown me to not have it.

I've always had the suspicion that something was wrong with me but I can't put my finger on it.

If I am an asperger, that'd be great because I could immediately place myself on disability and then move to Nicaragua with my dual citizen-ship and live like a king.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.