[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys, how do you know if you're depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1428292347740.jpg (24 KB, 256x273) Image search: [Google]
1428292347740.jpg
24 KB, 256x273
guys, how do you know if you're depressed?
>>
Basically every adult is depressed.
You're not a special snowflake so stop trying to be one.

Psychology is the biggest load of shit also.
>>
>>24528845
What's your first thought when you look at trees?
>>
>>24529239
They're bautiful.
>>
>>24529257
Not depressed. Next.
>>
>>24529239
Facebook is in the other direction.
>>
>>24529239

Depends on the tree.
>>
>>24529297
>>24529319
Let's give you a hint.

What do trees, lampposts, and girders have in common?

If you fail this too, you are a certified normie.
>>
>>24529342
Cringe thread?
Ok just go for it senpai.
>>
>>24529372
So your replies were sarcastic? I'm sorry. I'm bad at detecting it, not because of sarcasm. But I really think >>24529239 is a decent test.
>>
>>24529430
>not because of sarcasm
*not because of autism
>>
File: 665654654654.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
665654654654.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>24529430
>But I really think >>24529239 is a decent test.
Be honest, how old are you?
Maybe you're just a fucking idiot or maybe an art student.
I mean just kill yourself.
>>
>>24529470
Correct on all counts; I am 27, literally retarded, fonder of art than I should, and should kill myself.
>>
>>24528845

Have you lost interest in your hobbies/work/social life? Are you over/undereating? Do you feel that your life is objectively fine but cannot shake sadness, sluggish behaviour or an apathetic nature?

Don't listen to retards like >>24529218
Depression is a very real thing. It can be more than a mindstate, it could be down to chemical inbalances or just a predisposition to mental illness.

Normies tend to assume that because you're living in the first world you have no right to be depressed. They think that the depressed mood that every experiences is the same as actual depression, which affects you regardless of your situation (filmstars, millionaires just about anyone can be legit depressed).

Don't let anyone tell you to just shake it off because even willingly you can only fool yourself for so long. Best thing to do is talk with to your doctor.
>>
>>24529239
i don't care it's just a fucking tree
>>
>>24528845

Disrupted sleep patterns are a sign, whether it be no sleep. excess sleep, fatigue upon waking up, etc. Usually dreams seem to drag on and on, and are focused around unresolved conflicts in one's life. Non-cathartic experiences lacking closure lead the mind to replay it constantly, trying to finish the event, often evoking fight or flight responses during rest periods. Dwelling on such things, the mind spends a greater time out of restful sleep phases, and spends energy trying to achieve some sort of reckoning.
>>
I don't even know.

All I know it's that I'm a failure. All I do is watch Chinese cartoons and work. I'm 22, have no friends and am a virgin. I've stopped really caring about the virgin thing, but at the same time, I feel like I've let my parents down.

I really want to travel and learn a new language, but I don't have the energy. It's something that I think about doing all the time.

I'm generally apathetic about most things, and I'm tired all the time. I'm so damn sick of being tired. I've been occasionally thinking of how to kill myself over the past few months, though I doubt I would ever go through with it.

I'm burnt the fuck out from where I'm at. I just want to travel and start over somewhere new.
>>
>Best thing to do is talk with to your doctor.
That's right Goyim!
Have good old Dr Shekelstein prescribe you some helpful medication.
You'll be back to normal in no time.

>>24529643
>Woe is me! I'm such a loser so I must have a mental illness!
>The reason my life is shit is because of DEPRESSION!

You millennials are too far gone.
>>
>>24529685
What do you suggest instead? Having good old dr Karmadorjezin teach you to feel comfortable and complacent for merely sitting on your ass doing nothi-- I mean, master your emotions through 'meditation'?
>>
>>24529685
>>The reason my life is shit is because of DEPRESSION!

Is that what I said?

Retards like you have zero reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1441751176014.png (156 KB, 496x456) Image search: [Google]
1441751176014.png
156 KB, 496x456
>>24528845

i actually don't know

i thought i was depressed but i haven't had the zero motivation feelings for a while now, seems like as long im in my safe space on my pc i cant get depressed, this shit is just too comfy. although i still wouldn't mind dying, and i probably will kill myself when i cant live this comfy neet lifestyle anymore, but it's not as if i'm sad about anything. i'd just much rather be dead than have work in a job with a bunch of retarded fucking normies and basically have to go through all the shit i dropped out of highschool to avoid.
>>
>>24529685

I'm not american, doctors here aren't about instantly recieving the latest meds. OP might actually need some medication for all I know, it's better that an actual trained doctor makes that call than eith of us.

You seem to be taking people's possible depression as an attack on you. Like they are making it up to seem special. What's the matter? Don't you feel special?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.