[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey mates, reincarnation is a thing right? asking for a friend here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: 1439197168551.png (18 KB, 424x426) Image search: [Google]
1439197168551.png
18 KB, 424x426
hey mates, reincarnation is a thing right? asking for a friend here
>>
Personally I hope not.

Might as well try not to sin so much just in case
>>
>>24525798
No, reincarnation, karma, and nirvana are rose-covered lies. Afterlife through Jesus is the truth.
>>
>>24525798
google Ian Stevenson

I personally hope not, fuck this earth I don't want to come back
>>
what's the point to return if you can't benefit from your previous life experience desu.

if its real you won't know you are you, you are you in a different sense, which is not really you at all.

tell your friend not to off himself.
>>
>>24526085
eventually you'll have a string of lives where you do the right thing until you reincarnate into hinduism. Then you keep doing the right thing until you stop reincarnating and go back to be a personality of god. You dont need to learn from your experiences cause just letting things happen is more interesting.
>>
No, your self cannot be separated from your body.
>>
I swear I think there is nothing but immortality!
That the exquisite scheme is for it, and the nebulous float is
for it, and the cohering is for it;
And all preparation is for it! and identity is for it! and life
and materials are altogether for it!
>>
Nobody knows
I personally believe it to be true, following the idea that most phenomena are repeatable, so I'm unsure of why existing could only happen once.
I'd have to understand what composes an individual better to know whether this could mean that only infinite recursion is possible or if it's possible to be someone else but still you
>>
>>24526323
I at least hope physical mortality is a thing
>>
>>24525798
No.

>>24526019
Learn the rate at which data are omitted or twisted regarding paranormal subjects. Expect 'this kid said' meaning 'the parent of that kid swore that that kid said', 'the same house' meaning 'a house looking very similar', 'for extended periods of time' meaning 'for half an hour', things like that. Don't assume your own attachment to literalness in other people.
>>
it is a thing
if murphy's law is to be believed, anything that can happen will.

it may take a almost infinite amount of time, but eventually your exact atom makeup will spontaneously be created and you will live again
>>
>>24525798
That would be the cruelest joke I've ever heard tbqh
Forever damned, no escape, fuck that
>>
>>24526377
>why existing could only happen once

This is not what reincarnation is about, you retard. Reincarnation is existence of a causal relationship transferring qualities, such as memories, from one body to another. If it doesn't mean that, it's untestable, not even wrong, and not even what OP asked about.
>>
>>24525798
The Buddhists and the POO IN LOOs could be on to something mate. Being reborn as a human is supposed to be one of the better outcomes too.

Kinda scary to think about it sometimes.
>>
>>24526448
I'm not saying he's legit but they went through pains to control for stuff like that and adjust for context

There are a handful of cases which seem pretty anomalous even if it's all based on word of mouth at the end of the day, it at least makes you think
>>
File: 6pHbBUG.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
6pHbBUG.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1200
>>24525798
Kinda...

If you take death as the end, and that the concious spark that is "you" being snuffed out and ceasing to exist

And if you consider that before you were born, that the conciousness of "you" also didn't exist at all.

Then the idea is that if you think about that for long enough you might come to the conclusion that all conciousness expressed through all beings is one and the same.

Every individual being is just a fleeting temporary expression of universal conciousness, like a wave on the surface of a vast ocean.

There's no "previous" or "next" life, reincarnation is more the idea that the individual "you" is an illusion, and if anything you are all life at once.

So its more of a philosophical viewpoint rather than a belief in a metaphysical afterlife or immortal soul.
>>
>Reincarnation
Get fucked Pagans.
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this the judgment" Heb 9:27
>>
File: 665345.jpg (79 KB, 713x1121) Image search: [Google]
665345.jpg
79 KB, 713x1121
Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither and die.
>>
>>24526628
See >>24526495.

Also 'you is an illusion' is an pathetic linguistic/emotional manipulation Buddhists employ to try to make less attached to their goals.

>thing x is made of parts
>therefore it doesn't exist
>therefore you should just accept live for what it is and embrace reality
>AM I A PHILOSOPHER YET
>>
>>24526628
>Every individual being is just a fleeting temporary expression of universal conciousness, like a wave on the surface of a vast ocean.

Also, this is just embarrassing. Why consciousness? Why not 'every individual shit is just a fleeting temporary expression of the universality of the septic tank'? Oh wait, because when the words are pseudoprofound, like 'individual' and 'consciousness', the whole sounds deep too.
>>
>>24526186
If you dont keep your experiences then it isn't even completely accurate to call it "you".
For comparison if you took the harddrive out of a computer and transferred it to a new body it still retains everything that was on it, but your brain can't unplug. You're experiences as far as we've been able to gather will die with your neurons.
So as we don't remember anything from supposed "past lives", theres no point in worrying about future lives either.
>>
>>24526792
>If you dont keep your experiences then it isn't even completely accurate to call it "you".

This. Kudos.
>>
>>24525798
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Earth is like bootcamp for young souls to prepare you for the afterlife. You get reincarnated over and over and over again, until you learn what you are supposed to have learned and are ready to move on and be an entity in the spirit world.

If you dedicate yourself to a deity, you get to serve under them, and in exchange they protect you and take care of you. But most likely, they will also send you to reincarnate because they don't need weak entities among their armies.
>>
>>24526845
You forgot the true answer.
>>
>>24526085
Your mortal form might not be aware of previous experiences, but your soul is. During your life on earth, your soul still contains all those experiences, and they affect who you are, its like the deepest subconscious. So you get to keep the lessons that you learned in previous lifes on a very subconscious level. Once you die and return to your spiritual form, you remember all of your lifes.
>>
>>24526892
>the deepest subconscious

Is this belief another reincarnation of the belief in the Sagan's dragon? 'Something gets transferred, it's hard as fuck to detect, but you bet there is something?'
>>
>>24526792
I never said I believed it. Im just explaining the biggest religous idea of reincarnation. that idea requires a soul.
>>
>>24526761
>every individual shit is just a fleeting temporary expression of the universality of the septic tank.

Also, this is just embarrassing. Why shit? Why not 'every individual being is just a temporary expression of universal consciousness, like a wave on the surface of a vast ocean'? Oh wait, because when you try to be edgy and use words like 'shit' and 'septic-tank', the whole sounds edgy too.
>>
>>24526477
With each life you level up. Its like a grind in a MMORPG, but the longer you keep at this, the better you got and the more pleasent the experience is, until one day you dont need to reincarnate anymore and can go on and be an entity in the spirit world.

If you want to accelerate the process, you better go and start learning about magic and how to use it, how to empower your soul and energy and how to become a powerful entity.
>>
>>24526892
What determines the time between lives? Is there time between lives?
What quantifies a soul? If every being is reincarnated what lessons are dogs or ants or fish supposed to be learning? Does karma consider animalistic instincts in those reincarnated as animals?
Are new souls created? Why? How many souls can there be?
>>
>>24525798
I hope I can come back as a Chad
>>
>>24526958
>Why shit?

Because shit, as opposed to 'individual' or 'consciousness', is an unambiguous term with a specific definition.
>>
>>24526628
>And if you consider that before you were born, that the conciousness of "you" also didn't exist at all.

How can you say this for sure? Maybe you just dont remember previous existence?
>>
File: CMCapture158.png (340 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
CMCapture158.png
340 KB, 640x479
Only if you dedicate your life and essence to Mantarok, the corpse god of chaos. Deliver the Tome of Eternal Darkness, and your rewards shall be endless.
>>
>>24526987
there is time between lives, you basically reflect on it until you take the potion that makes you forget your past life's memories. idk. lesser beings are being punished by living a worse life. again animal lives are punishments. What happens is souls are a part of god. and everything that happens happens because its interesting to god. you reincarnate until you reach nirvana and go back to beig god so you can make other universes or continue to watch earth or reincarnate again. by this explanation it makes sense for souls to increase rather than decrease. Thats my basic understanding of hinduism, from a western christian-born-atheist perspective.
>>
>>24526909
Thats what I have been taught by literal spirits over a course of several months. Some of them were demonic kings, some were angels, some were completly unrelated to the abrahamic cosmos. So for me its not a belief, its a fact. I dont have any religion and I dont worship any deities, but thats what it is. Basically, your soul gets reincarnated into your mortal body. Your mortal form doesnt remember your previous existence, but your soul does. Your soul is basically the most purest version of yourself, like the "untainted" pure version of what you are. New agers call it the "higher self". But since your soul is still "you", you are still aware of all the lessons that you learned on a very deep level that you can access through a long time of meditation and practice.

Take the example of Jesus, until the age of 30 he wasnt even aware that he is the Son of a God. Like, he probably knew something is off because according to the bible he was outsmarting those priests since childhood, but he never knew what he was. Only when the holy thing spirit came down on him, he realized what he is and what his purpose is.

You can achieve that too, with the difference, that your soul isn't even a fraction as powerful as that of Jesus, because he is a God, and you are just another usual human soul. And most likely, you also dont have a dad who is a God and guides you.

But if you work enough on yourself, meditate, practice, learn and grow, you can get in touch with your soul as well. You can also practice and grow powerful. And the good news is, that as humans we can grow very powerful. Once we are on the other side, its much more harder to become more powerful, so use your chance while you are on earth. Thats why you are here.

>What determines the time between lives? Is there time between lives?
I dont know to be honest.

>What quantifies a soul?
Animals do have souls, but they are a lot different from humans.
>>
>>24526987
>What determines the time between lives? Is there time between lives?
I dont know to be honest.

>What quantifies a soul?
Animals do have souls, but they are a lot different from humans. The whole incarnation as an animal is a dharmic belief system and I have not confirmed if this is true or wrong.

>Are new souls created?
Yes.

>Why?
Well....thats the way how the universe works. If two parties merge with each other sexually, a third party is created.

Its the same in the spirit realm btw.

>How many souls can there be?
The world of spirits does not know boundaries. There are countless different dimensions, realms, universes, worlds and layers.
>>
>>24527134
What sort of punishment is to be gleaned from living as an earthworm which barely have anything close to a brain?
>>24527481
If every new being has a new soul how do you know you aren't the first life your soul has had? How does karma know where to place a brand new soul?
>>
>>24527529
idk man ask a hindu.
>>
>>24527529
>If every new being has a new soul how do you know you aren't the first life your soul has had?
You don't, thats the fun part. You can try to do meditations for past life regression, but this shit usually takes a lot of skill and consumes time, and its only glimpses.

Another way is to ask some respectable entity in the astral realm
>>
Nope.
We'll all reunite in the afterlife and become one with Feel.
>>
yes ofc mate
you do not really believe that energy can be destroyed, right? c'mon now
>>
>>24526019
You may not even be reborn on this planet though.
>>
>>24525798
Well, if you want a purely scientific approach, your energy cannot be destroyed and exists beyond death. Maybe thats what the soul is idk
>>
>>24525798
No. You simply ease to exist.
>>
>>24527825
I shit you not there is a theory that when souls leave their Earth human bodies they're literally recycled back into a baby through some advanced alien reincarnation program. These people also advocate that upon death do not under any circumstances go towards "the light" as it is a false light trap.
>>
How can reincarnation be real if this is hell?
>>
>>24528271
Yea I heard of it too, not sure what to think about it. Like, there is dark energy and then there is light energy. Darkness and the Light. Both are different, but none of them are "good" or "bad" you know? It just is what it is.

You need both to be balanced. Too much darkness, and it will consume you. Too much light and it will hault you. You need a balance of both, some people need more dark energy, some more light, but in the end, we all need a balance of both.

Without darkness, light cannot exist. Without light, there would be no darkness.
>>
>>24528307
You create your own reality. If your life suck and you are the typical westerner, its most likely your fault, not the fault of some higher force
>>
>>24525798

yep it's all true, your soul is trapped in mortal coils

unless something like >>24525997
>>
File: IMG_1294.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1294.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>24525798
Reincarnation is the most likely form of afterlife simply due to the fact that you already consciously exist as a proof of concept. Generally, if something happens once, it can happen again under the right circumstances.

The real question is whether there's such a thing as "non-existence".
>>
>>24527825
existence is universally awful. no thanks
>>
>>24526466
>implying thermodynamics will allow for that
>>
File: Asian Phone Mouth.jpg (97 KB, 480x643) Image search: [Google]
Asian Phone Mouth.jpg
97 KB, 480x643
>>24528523
>Reincarnation is the most likely form of afterlife
how about just returning to non-existance, like the time before we were born
>>
>>24528566
shokotan is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>24528566
What happened after that time, though?

You're welcome.
>>
File: IMG_0060.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0060.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>24528566
>how about just returning to non-existance, like the time before we were born
Just because you do not have memory of existence prior to your current incarnation does not mean that you were not existent. We don't know what existence is but we can prove that it consciously exists. No one has ever proven that non-existence does and we don't know how we could. Even the quantum vacuum between stars and galaxies is still something.
>>
>>24526709
H A R V E S T E D

But seriously, mass effect 1& 2 are my favorite story wise games. Damn anon you are giving me nostalgic feels.
>>
>>24528566
>how about just returning to non-existance, like the time before we were born

How do you know you havent existed before birth?
How do you know you havent had already a few lifes?
How do you know you arent some incarnated spirit?
>>
>>24528678
but then it just doesn't matter.
>>
>>24525798
There is no soul and there is no after life. There is nothing supernatural about human consciousness and believing there is is just wishful thinking. Perhaps I'm wrong but it's almost certain that what I've said is correct.
>>
>>24528759
>There is no soul and there is no after life.
How do you know that for certain?
>>
>>24528678
>Just because you do not have memory of existence prior to your current incarnation does not mean that you were not existent.
it's still far more likely than us having souls that fly about after our death until they find an embryo to take over.

>Even the quantum vacuum between stars and galaxies is still something.
no it isn't, if a space doesn't contain energy or atoms it is nothing
>>
File: IMG_0016.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>24528752
Doesn't matter? What matters is entirely subjective and up to you.

>>24528759
The fact that consciousness even exists is amazing. It's actually a paradox. For something to exist, it either needed to come about from nothing, or it had to have always existed. Both completely fuck with logic.
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>24528811
>it's still far more likely than us having souls that fly about after our death until they find an embryo to take over.
Eh. I never meant anything like that. My personal opinion is more akin to the idea that consciousness is a dimension-like property of the universe that comes about under proper circumstances.

>no it isn't, if a space doesn't contain energy or atoms it is nothing
That's what would be logical... but actually, there is such a thing as zero-point energy. There's just no way to harvest it. Also, virtual particles pop into existence all over the place all of the time before disappearing again.
>>
>>24525798
Nope. None of it exists, sadly.

We really are just meatbags and when you're dead, and all the good electrical activity in your brain has stopped and most of the cells have died, that's it. You're done forever.

I wish there was more to it, m8. I really do. But this is nothing more than a horribly mundane universe.
Best thing you can do is hope that, in your lifetime, some clever cunt develops a way to transfer your consciousness into a computer. Or another smart guy invents an immortality serum.
>>
>>24528790
I don't know for certain, but it's pretty obvious everything about us is a manifestation of physical processes and there is no good reason to think it continues in any way we'd consider meaningful. Our emotions, our consciousness and all things like that are feasibly are kind of obviously are an emergent factor of natural physical processes. When we die, we are gone for all intents and purposes. Our consciousness ends just as our digestive system ends.

Could there be more? It's extremely unlikely as much as we'd like to think otherwise.
>>
Fuck I hope not. Think how many times you'd get beheaded by ISIS or just starve to death in indiafricaland
>>
>>24529359

>intents and purposes

Don't you mean intensive purposes?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.