[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck SOCIETY! Let's go live in the boonies!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: House-In-The-Woods-2[1].jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
House-In-The-Woods-2[1].jpg
55 KB, 640x480
Have you ever considered giving up on society and living out in the middle of nowhere?

I just visited my cousin, this past weekend, and I've been thinking about it a lot.

He lives out in the middle of nowhere with a couple other families on property he bought right before the recession. He gets electricity from a generator, and gets the gas and necessities from a town thirty minutes up the road. He has running water on the edge of his property, in a comfy little shed/outhouse that he built.

He has two "wives", though he's only actually married to one. Both of them are 7/10 qts and he's had kids with both them.

While I was out there, I couldn't help but notice how simpler everything was. He apparently pays his taxes by saving up from farmer's market sales each year.

Could it be that simple to convert your entire life to that? I mean, you wouldn't have the internet, and you'd have to do some hard physical labour... But it seems like it would be worth it.
>>
seems perfect but I'll still bring my smartphone phablet with unlimited data for 4G wifi tethering for shit posting during downtimes when I'm done impreganting my wife for the 8th time
>>
Only worthwhile if you have money, and if you've got money you have no reason to leave society.
>>
>>24525733
I guess that's true if you have a goal oriented mindset. (Which is probably for the best.)

I just couldn't help to feel like they were much happier. I kept checking my phone over and over and his kids would look at me and say, "What are you doing?"
>>
File: me_waifu_neethouse.jpg (183 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
me_waifu_neethouse.jpg
183 KB, 1200x800
> planning to do just that
> build a glorious self-sustaining neethouse in the middle of nowhere
> solar and wind for electricity
> geothermal and fireplace for heat
> grow some food
> good internet

When finished, it will lower my monthly expenses to really low levels. Then I can grow old with my waifu, in a glorious well-stocked house, with a movie room, gaming room, indoor pool, always on sauna, basically everything I'd ever need. It's a very attainable dream, being free in my own realm.
>>
>physical labor
>stocking up money
>neets doing any of this
This is a pipe dream for pretty much 99% of this board. If they had the will to do this they wouldn't be in the situation they are in now
>>
>>24526023

Eh, such a property costs like 1/3 to 1/10 of a small apartment in a city, while being comfy and roomy. Any neet can save that up in some years, as long as they stick to it.

I'm >>24525930 and while I'm closer to the enlightened neet images than fat basement manchildren, I have faith in my fellow robots.
>>
Yeah! We could live off the fat of the land! I could tend to the rabbits..right?
>>
Ive thought about living in my truck for a year and just living on public land out west.
>>
Need money first.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.