[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unconditional Basic Income (NEETbux Manifesto)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: neetgirl-nomorework.jpg (311 KB, 599x846) Image search: [Google]
neetgirl-nomorework.jpg
311 KB, 599x846
Greetings senpai. I have come here to promote class consciousness within /r9k/.
We must weaponize and mobilize your autism for the revolution comrades. NEETs. Freeters (temps and part-timers). Precariously employed wage slaves.

I have a DREAM that we will all be able to collect a monthly stipend (an unconditional basic income) from the government that would be able to give us the NEETbux we need to free us from wage slavery. This amount would cover
- rent for a studio/1 bedroom apartment in good repair/condition
- food (a balanced diet of groceries, not just Ramen Noodles and Mac n Cheese)
- adequate no-name brand clothing
- fare for public transportation
- household appliances/items
- personal care items
- Basic Android smartphone with unlimited talk and text and a modest 3G or 4G LTE mobile data plan
- Modest broadband internet connection and bandwidth allowance
- Modest personal computer

-$1000+/month in America per adult. Similar to federal poverty line (varies by cost of living in area)
-$1300-1600/month in Canada per adult (varies by cost of living)

This income would be paid out to all and it would be taxed back gradually as you earn private income (employment/investment/etc). This would ensure that there is no welfare trap/cliff that punishes people from working

Also
- Universal public health insurance (including pharmacare, dental & some mental health)
- Free University/college tuition
- More frequent public transit service & expansion
- Nationalizing means of production for key industries/natural resources

Taxes will have to be raised to control for inflation. But the national deficit is money the government owes to itself. US/Japan/etc. prints their own money. You don't have to pay it back. Read Modern Monetary Theory.

Vote Bernie Sanders 2016!
Vote Jeremy Corbyn 2020!
And for my senpai in Canada, maybe you guys can help me start a NEET/Freeter Party in Canada and Ontario!

NEETS AND FREETERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!!!
>>
That's a terrible idea. Who is going to work to pay for us if EVERYONE gets a basic income? NEETbux already exists and it's called disability benefits.
>>
OP here, this is me btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHbzowYpp0
>>
>>24525367
And a dream it will remain. While I, too, would love for some form of basic income, the numbers don't add up. There just plain isn't enough money. The US has something like 315 million people, lets say 200 million of them are adults that qualify for $1k/month. That's 200 billion dollars every month, or 2.4 trillion dollars per year. In the fiscal year ended September 30, the US government spent 3.68 trillion dollars, running a deficit of 439 billion. Even if you assume Social Security and food stamps will be replaced by this new entitlement, that still only saves you about a trillion dollars. You're gonna have to come up with 1.4 trillion in revenue, or 1.8 if you want the books to balance (as, eventually, one of these years, they're going to have to.) This is before you give everyone healthcare, free college tuition, and more transit. Where are you going to get that money?

You can't just handwave it and say soak the rich. The rich can leave. And in any case, there aren't enough of them to raise that kind of money, you're gonna have to soak the middle class. How do you propose getting middle America to vote for this? There is a very, very strong sentiment that someone shouldn't have to pay for scroungers and layabouts, see pic. Hell, half the country wants Obamacare repealed for exactly that reason. Normies pride themselves on their jobs, and on *not* receiving assistance.

>>24525765 also has a point. If nobody has to work, and people stop working, there goes your tax base. Even if you could get this enacted, you'll cause a second Great Depression. Albeit a hyperinflationary one instead of a deflationary one. You'll create the next Zimbabwe.
>>
>>24525849
>You're gonna have to come up with 1.4 trillion in revenue, or 1.8 if you want the books to balance (as, eventually, one of these years, they're going to have to.) This is before you give everyone healthcare, free college tuition, and more transit. Where are you going to get that money?
Cut military spending (+ 800 billion)
Then tax the hell out of wall street banksters
And here we are

And don't say that cutting military spending is bad, US already has the strongest nuclear attack force.
>>
File: middle_class.gif (42 KB, 610x378) Image search: [Google]
middle_class.gif
42 KB, 610x378
>>24525849
>you're gonna have to soak the middle class. How do you propose getting middle America to vote for this? There is a very, very strong sentiment that someone shouldn't have to pay for scroungers and layabouts, see pic. Hell, half the country wants Obamacare repealed for exactly that reason. Normies pride themselves on their jobs, and on *not* receiving assistance.

Middle class is disappearing
>>
>>24525765
Where do you live senpai? Not everyone of us lives in a social democratic paradise country. And not everyone of us is a Syrian refugee that can be admitted into these countries. I looked at the application guidelines and it looks like I don't qualify for disability in Ontario. And they are very strict in determining who gets it. They treat disability applicants like criminals.

IF you qualify (big IF): You get up to $479/month for shelter (I'd imagine that includes electricity, heating and water. A lot of landlords don't include these things in the rent). And $631/month in pocket money for "basic needs". In the GTA, the market basket measure of low income (circa 2013) is $19,542 per year after taxes/deductions ($1628.50/month). $1110/month (which is what you get if your shelter costs are $479+. Otherwise it's $631 + shelter cost) is well short of that. And that's only if you qualify.
>>
>>24526171
And then an ISIS suicide bomber kills a few hundred people, like what happened in Paris, and the people will demand that you protect them. What then?

And then the rich folks leave (like what happened in the UK in 2009 and more recently in France after the election of Hollande) rather than pay your taxes. What then?
>>
>>24526249

>And then the rich folks leave (like what happened in the UK in 2009 and more recently in France after the election of Hollande) rather than pay your taxes. What then?
They can live wherever they want, but they cannot easily change country of their corporations. Also US has expat tax.

>And then an ISIS suicide bomber kills a few hundred people, like what happened in Paris, and the people will demand that you protect them. What then?
Military doesn't have to anything with this. It's the realm of alphabet agencies. Also if you enable a sensible immigration policy (e.g. no mudslimes) the problem disappers.

Also try to trace the origins of ISIS and al-quaeda in your spare time. There is number of funny revelations awaiting you there.
>>
>>24526249
>And then the rich folks leave

Did you know that North Korea has a 10% corporate income tax? Yet literally zero business have moved to North Korea.

It turns out that economic systems with several hundred million actors are more complicated than
>taxes bad, reagen good
>>
File: mfw.gif (1 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1 MB, 512x512
there is not a single reason not to support universal basic income except being a complete and utter

C L A S S C U C K
>>
>>24525765
Btw for the people who think that no one would work if everyone was guaranteed a basic income, you must have a very low opinion of the human condition if you think people would be happy with just the minimum. People would still work so that they can live a more comfortable life. I would still do freelance work on my laptop from my apartment so that I could pay for my wants while the government pays for my needs. I just wouldn't have to worry about money. I could also concentrate on my creative projects (which I'm doing now as a NEET), spread class consciousness through my shitposts and contribute to open-source software programs.

You see not all valuable labour is necessarily paid. But it is still valuable labour. I am making a more positive contribution to society as a class consciousness UBI agitator shitpost warrior than in the years that I have been an office kek. The system right now is "wage slave or go homeless and starve!" It's SLAVERY. Work would be more voluntary and reproductive and valuable. If you do nothing all day but shitpost tfw no gf, fap, eat Cheetos and play vidya, that's not living comrade. Humans have a natural inclination to do productive things.
>>
>>24526463
Yeah and they say they're a democracy, too. They say a lot of things, none of it's true.
>>
>>24526812
Doesn't change the fact that all of zero companies have moved there.
>>
>>24526855
no, it means your argument is irrelevant because what NK says and what NK is/does are two different things.

Anyway Ireland has a corporate tax rate of 12.5%, and actually IS a liberal democracy with the rule of law, and not a Stalinist dictatorship where what the Leader says goes. And companies most certainly *are* clamoring to move to Ireland. Most recently Pfizer, in a ~$160B merger, the main purpose of which is to leave the US and it's 35% corporate rate.
>>
>>24526941
That's another good reason to forbid such mergers.
>>
File: 1444274312987.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1444274312987.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>24525367
Can we call NEETbux tendiebux?
>>
>>24526975
They've been trying to do that. Guess what, boards and shareholders act faster than governments and legislatures do. By the very nature of democratic government, they'll have a long lead time while your many programs are being debated and implemented. They'll see which way the wind is blowing and they'll get their money out of places where you can touch it before you get there.
>>
>>24526941
And so we get the irish to raise the tax rate until there is nowhere left to go.
>>
>>24527127
That's the question of political will. Berine can help us here.
>>
>>24525367
This is as neet a post can get
>>
File: tryone-fuckyourwife.jpg (98 KB, 1311x739) Image search: [Google]
tryone-fuckyourwife.jpg
98 KB, 1311x739
Thanks to my new NEET powers, I also give my gf the BWC a lot. My NEETdom has been beneficial for her. My sexual stamina and virility has become OFF THE CHARTS as a NEET. I have so much more energy. I slept like over 8 hours last night. I am making a positive contribution to society with muh BWC. I swear to God, as soon as I stopped being a wage slave and went NEET, I think I started looking younger, being more alpha/low inhibition/based and lost weight or something. Because I started getting laid a lot more.

Hell within a month of becoming NEET, I got a blowjob from some other man's wife. Don't envy Tyrone. Be Tyrone.
>>
>>24527159
And what if Ireland doesn't want to? After all, they have a strong economy and lots of revenue because even though they charge a low rate, lots of businesses want to be there. What's your plan if Ireland says "Nah, we're good like this" when you come knocking saying "Raise your taxes so companies won't leave our country and move to yours!!" They've already done that to some other EU nations (notably France) who want tax harmonisation (read: countries with low rates raise theirs) so as to stop capital from leaving France in search of a less confiscatory jurisdiction. What then?

Even if you're successful in some way, how are you going to run an economy where anyone with any wealth is scrambling to get it out by any means they can devise? Capital flight is not easily prevented.
>>
Fuck that Im voting trump and knowing how degenerate our society already is politicians cant afford to take away benefits no matter how extreme they are
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.