[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you able to fall in love at any age (like 2 for example)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 5oqzBxU.jpg (88 KB, 960x716) Image search: [Google]
5oqzBxU.jpg
88 KB, 960x716
Are you able to fall in love at any age (like 2 for example)? Or is there a specific age where your ability to fall in love is "activated"?
>>
love is just a chemical reaction that compels us to breed, so it would be anywhere after puberty
>>
File: love-jam.jpg (188 KB, 1000x843) Image search: [Google]
love-jam.jpg
188 KB, 1000x843
>>24523866
>love

There are only two things involved in a relationship:
1) infatuation
2) social compatibility

"love" is a made up word so the patriarchy can force women to remain exclusive.
>>
>>24523921
>>24523866
What he said, puberty
>>
I used to get obsessed with people which I think is more of an infatuation because I didn't really know them.

But anyway I don't think I've felt that way about anyone after i stopped being a teen
>>
>>24523992
obsession with people is a common sign of autism, you know
>>
That bun looks so much like mine :-) In a non-alcoholic, not having a midlife crisis sortof way x)
>>
You can fall in love as soon as you are able to form consistent memories.

Children would have a tough time because they can't remember anything and have huge gaps in their memory (you would forget large amounts of time you spent with a spouse if you had one as a kid).
>>
>>24524039
life is an obsession
>>
The infatuation/lust/love distinction is real.

I fell in love with a girl four years ago. The infatuation is to a degree gone by now, especially since we've only met once since I moved two years ago, but talking to her online is still a delight.

Also, an anon once said in a 'how can you know if it's love?' thread that 'it's love if you don't fap to her'. I noticed that I've only really began having sexual thoughts about her when the infatuation has diminished. Go figure.
>>
File: bestcranky.png (521 KB, 500x623) Image search: [Google]
bestcranky.png
521 KB, 500x623
>>24523992
I had a young boy infatuated with me in kindergarten. We had never spoken, nor did I really know his name until he told me.

I wonder how he felt just watching from a distance and forming this obsession without me being aware. Kind of interesting how it works for children. He wrapped one of those rings you get from 25 cent machines and gave it to me. I didn't understand what to do with it and I think I lost it instantly. He also managed to convince his older sister to trap me into a corner with him so he could kiss me. Really the only memories I have of him, we never spoke really and these were the only two experiences I had. No idea what was happening in his mind.

Even though we never had a real relationship, I sometimes think of him and hope he is doing well.
>>
>>24523921
It hits hard, then it slowly fades. Leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. Break the cycle, rise above. Focus on science.
>>
>>24524283
But if you're truly in love then you'll accept you partners flaws though
>>
>>24524283
I've been married for years, I'm still in love and it doesn't really fade. It's more like you go through highs and lows over and over but it's still the same person, so your feelings don't really change.

Sounds like your issue was you just couldn't handle a certain low point, because the highs feel extremely high, and the lows feel like the lowest point in your life. Love is kind of extreme in that sense because you place so much importance on the relationship itself.

You kind of need to decide to just give up and leave, you never stop loving someone, you just give up on trying to make them happy and focus on yourself instead.
>>
>>24523931
I know this is bait, but I agree love doesn't exist. Either that or the way people define it is wrong.
>>
>>24523866
"Love" itself doesn't exist, love is a made up word created by the Jews to get you to spend money on shit for your significant other. Like everyone else said, the chemical reactions in your brain that compel you to breed, occur after puberty - so anywhere in your mid-teens.
>>
>>24524283
You're a faggot and need to kill yourself if you seriously think quoting Rick and Morty is a good idea.
>>
>>24524444
Love exist, but what you see on TV shows and movies isn't exactly accurate. People love things all the time, doesn't have to be human, such as loving a dog. You feel extreme pain at the thought of your dog dying, being hurt, feeling abandoned, etc. This is exactly what it feels like to be in love with a human, it's painful to imagine them being hurt or taken from you.

You usually want to dote on them, like you might a pet, you want them to have the best life they can possibly have. You want them to have fun and be happy. You feel a bit more comfortable in their company than you do being alone. Sometimes they do something terrible to you like shit on your floor, and you hold them to higher expectations than you would a stranger's dog because you think they should know better by now.

Love isn't like a romantic movie where a man shows up with flowers, and a girl swoons and they go on dates. It's having something in your life that makes you feel like your sense of self has completely vanished in their presence and the only thing you can imagine is their self with you.
>>
>>24523921
>hurrrr love is just a chemical reaction

Retard, we're made up of a bunch of unconscious matter. Saying love is just a chemical as thought provoking as saying shit smells bad.
>>
>>24523921

Dante Aligheri fell in love with Beatrice when he was 9 and has loved her till he died
>>
>>24524512
these niggers ruined rick and morty for me

they quote the most unfunniest lines
>>
>>24524629
>you want them to have the best life they can possibly have

This. This is the true definition of love.
>>
>>24524647
>implying shit doesn't smell bad
>implying love isn't as simple as shit smelling bad
>>
>>24524730
I'm not implying one of those things.
>>
>>24524391
If that's what you think, then fine. But I think a truly good relationship is a stable one.
>>
>>24524871
A "stable relationship" is realizing that there's going to be a point where something terrible is going to happen to your spouse and it's going to take a toll on you too.

>husband having finals
>he's stressed the fuck out
>losing sleep from studying
>yells at me a little because of the stress/lack of sleep
>apologize to him for irritating his stress and try to cheer him up
>make up and have fun again

If you think you can keep a relationship "stable" and "calm" all the time, you're never going to find someone to be with. I'm speaking from personal experience my friend, there's no stable marriages, there's just people who grow so used to each other that they can read their emotional state and try to help them when they need it.
>>
>>24524962
this so much though. people who say that love doesn't exist just because there's going to be some fighting here and there are morons
>>
>>24524678
That line is 100% correct, though.

Also, Rick and Morty is redpilled as fuck, no matter how butthurt and contrarian you get because it's popular on reddit.

>Beth: Dad! How could you make my son miss an entire semester of school? I mean, it's not like he's a hot girl. He can't just bail on his life and set up shop in someone else's.

top kek, i'm sure they would've ommitted the "hot" qualifier but the network heads were probably worried about offending roasties
>>
>>24525856
The relationships you see on Rick & Morty are extremely unrealistic, makes sense because they are cartoon characters on TV.
>>
>>24525951
>i take everything hyper-literally instead of enjoying a cartoon for what it is
>i don't understand that all comedy has an element of truth to it
no john you are the autists
>>
i am 22yo and never loved anyone. i dont even love my parents tbqh.
>>
>>24526079
Having some element of truth to it doesn't mean it is normal.

Most flowers smell good but a few smell like dead corpses, so saying "flowers smell like dead corpses" doesn't mean that is "realistic" just because there is some element of truth there.
>>
I've found that my ability to fall in love was at its peak when I was 12
I didn't even start puberty until I was 14, for reference
Since then it's only been a steady decline
Not an intrinsic one, but more like I'm being flooded with all of these other concepts that seem to inhibit it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.