[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to a shrink today for the first time and he already prescribed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (258 KB, 593x640) Image search: [Google]
file.png
258 KB, 593x640
I went to a shrink today for the first time and he already prescribed me anti-depressants. I have a meeting with my doctor to go through the exact drugs, dosing etc.

Is it normal to get prescribed this soon?

I mean I know I'm fucked but still
>>
>shrink
Literally what?
>>
>>24523664
>Literally what?

It's a common colloquialism for Psychiatrist. It's short for "headshrinker."
>>
>>24523642
Since 5-10 years, at least where I live (Quebec), many doctors have been giving antidepressants to an insane amount of people, for an insane amount of reasons. Some guys who cum too fast even got some. It's a bit of a scandal here, in 2014, there were 14 millions prescriptions given, and our population is around 7 million.

I don't know where you live, but if this trend is common to all the western world, I wouldn't automatically think you're one of the worse cases they've seen.
>>
SSRI are awesome.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>24523735
Why do antidepressants always focus on serotonin or norepinephrine? What if I need to increase my dopamine levels?
>>
>>24523642
SSRIs are going to melt your brain

Source: Been on them
>>
>>24523802
If it increases dopamine it's usually abusable (except for wellbutrin). Think amphetamines or coke
>>
This is literally the first thing they do in 90 percent of cases.
>>
yes, i was prescribed on day 1, had my meds and dosage within about 40 mins in a GP office, no psyc.
>>
>>24523809
this
>>24523853
this
>>24523802
;) naughty
>>24523852
p.s. they often don't work and you'll be put through like 4 or 5 different types and as each course takes like 2 months to start working it's just a BIG pain in the ass. Do your self a favour OP and look into a different way to treat yourself if this doesn't work.
>>
>>24523809
explain it pls, I'm being pressured to go on them
>>
>>24523642
I think i need a shrink.
I have some pretty bad issues, i think, because lately during the past few weeks, 90% of my thoughts revolve around blowing normalfags' brains out with a shotgun. an online friend told me how her mother might steal her computer and break it, and i started imagining how i'd tackle her to the ground, stomp her throat in with my foot and rip her eyes off and punch her teeth out. A poor old lady asked me for some change, and i gave her a buck, then she asked for more. i got so furious i wanted to punch her in the face, but of course i didnt do it.
I think i have some anger issues. could be stress related, or maybe because its winter and the days are short and the nights are long (i.e. winter depression). i had a PS3 for escapism but it got YLOD , and thats ironically when the violent thoughts started
>>
>>24523735
no they aren't. they make you go fucking crazy
>>
>>24523735
what are you on about they have no noticable effect for about 2 months then you're left feeling "what the fuck I don't know if I feel any better"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.