[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sick of living in Florida. What state should move to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8
File: TLHscRx.jpg (265 KB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
TLHscRx.jpg
265 KB, 1728x2304
I'm sick of living in Florida. What state should move to? Tell me why you like your state, r9k.

I want a goat tower btw
>>
>>24521538
Damn, thats prime goat pussy
>>
>Tired of living in a state with loads of awesome beaches, wildlife, and great weather.
You're a dummy.
>>
>>24521538
go move far north where it's nice and cold you ungrateful little fag
>>
>>24521538
If you wanna see worse move to Texas

If you wanna see awesome come to Cali.
>>
>>24521558
I love this state and its beauty, but I would like to experience living somewhere else for a while. I'll come back when I'm old.

>great weather
kek, humid 90' days for months at a time isn't what I'd call great. Winter here is nice tho.
>>
>>24521618
>Bitching about a little humidity.
Nigger I live in Louisiana. It's not that bad.
>>
>>24521552
Ahmed, pls go
>>
>>24521593
Don't insult Texas man
>>
Wisconsin is very underrated. There are few Chads here and many of the women look like Hitler's vision.

I made a tinder and was amazed by the QTs after moving from Chicago where there was degeneracy.
>>
>>24521643
I've considered LA because I love fishing. I want to live in a rural area that's not too far from the coast and has places to kayak.
>>
>>24521558
>You're a dummy.
Wanting to live in a state with boomers, rednecks, mexicans, lots of hot humid weather, ugly beaches with described people mentioned
>>
>>24521702
You can get houses for pretty decent prices here. Lots of fishing to be had as well. You might like it here, but I wish we had decent beaches. I'm only like a 4 hour drive from Pensacola, so it's not too bad.
>>
>State

>2015
>not moving to a small canadian town
It's like you guys are not even trying.
>>
>>24521795
>But my gun restrictions
No thanks.
>>
>>24521795
>freezing to death

No thanks
>>
>>24521830
Tfw it's cold and you order a coffee in a small restaurant, served by a qt waitress.

>No better feel.
>>
>>24521869
That sounds comfy af.

I dunno though, I'm not used to winters. The coldest it gets in FL is the low thirties and then I feel like my face is gonna freeze off.
>>
>>24521538

I've lived all over the US. I currently live in South Florida. It is BY FAR the worst place I've ever lived. Florida should be mercifully swept away by a hurricane into the Atlantic. When Florida finally breaks off and sinks into the ocean, I will bake a cake and throw a party.

I plan on moving to Colorado because I'm a big fan. New England is generally pretty good as long as you stay away from suburban-tier shit (cities, rural or REAL towns each have their pluses and minuses, suburbia has none). I'm quite fond of Albuquerque, and the "deep south" (Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama - not a huge fan of the Carolinas) has some excellent towns.
>>
>>24521795
>moving from Toronto
No thanks, sorry
>>
What's Washington like? Particularly Wenatchee.
>>
>>24521562

Implying the cold weather isn't literally better
>>
>>24521795
>Canada
No thanks
>>
i live in Gainesville
i dont see the problem with FL
just stay in your room tbqh. then on the off chance you go outside there's lots of sun so you can produce copious vitamin d to last you a while
>>
>>24521538
Texas is probably your best bet. Similar climate to Florida, but without the humidity. Unless you live in a shitty coastal city like Houston.
>>
>>24521691
>tinder
Hate to break it to you, but you're a degenerate as well.
>>
>>24522258
I love the coast. Fishing, man.

Is there a lot of rural land for sale in TX?
>>
>>24521593
>Texas
>bad
>Cali
>good
pfffft
>>
>>24522013
Toronto is LITERALLY the dumpster of Canada
All of Canada's scum lives there.

>B-but MUH biggest city
>>
if you want depressing landscapes, weather and people come to germany

you can stay at my place. we can get drunk and watch tv and do nothing everyday until we die
>>
>>24522571
>you can stay at my place. we can get drunk and watch tv and do nothing everyday until we die

brit here, am I welcome?
>>
>>24522571
I don't speak German

Anyway I just want to buy 10 acres or so and live my life in peace, away from the Normies.
>>
>>24522595

yes. bring some strongbow m8.

tell me when you are near stuttgart, i'll pm you my adress
>>
>>24522256

gainesville is southern enough to be nice, it's not like the rest of florida
>>
>tfw no goat tower
>>
>>24522724
what parts arent nice? i used to live in saint cloud. big cities are garbage everywhere desu
>>
>live in Naples FL
>everyone calls it paradise
>during summer it's miserably hot
>during winter its clogged with old tourists who can't drive faster than 20 mph
>>
>>24522893

All of southeast Florida is shit. Everyone is rude. Big cities I used to live in: NYC, Atlanta, Memphis, Boston, Las Vegas, Chattanooga, Dallas. All are far, far better than the Miami metro area.
>>
>>24522957

I've always wondered what that place is like -- I've spent a lot of time in Fort Myers, is it similar? It's always on a list of "fastest growing cities", but that seems like it's because it's full of old retired boomer shits.
>>
>>24523337
Fort Myers has more shit to do. We don't even have a roller rink here. :(

Naples have better fishing, though.
>>
I'm moving from California to Vermont for a little while.

I love California, it's my home, but sometimes you need a change of pace for a while tttt
>>
>>24523317
do you really have to interact with people? why not just stay in your room? i'm sure cashiers aren't mean
>>
>>24521593
I have been to almost every state, California is far worse than Texas.

Texas pros:
>extremely polite people
>panty dropping southern accents
>great food

California pros:
>you can say "i'm in cali"
>>
>>24523411

I'm a consultant and run a couple of businesses, unfortunately I do -- cashiers and other service people aren't mean, they're just beaten down by life
>>
New England masterrace
>>
>>24521538
Don't do it bruh. Yes Florida is shit, but so is every other fucking state.

>tfw far away and miss home alot
>>
>>24521558
>Great weather
You've never been to South Florida, have you?
>>
>>24523519

your home is florida? no

>>24523641

they'll NEVER fucking get it
>>
>>24521538
How do goats know what tower is?
>>
>>24521538
rolling to get into goat tower
singles - kill yourself
doubles - one hour visit
triples - permanent resident
quads - king of goat tower
>>
File: FairviewGoatTower.jpg (594 KB, 922x1382) Image search: [Google]
FairviewGoatTower.jpg
594 KB, 922x1382
>>24523684
Goats love to climb. They also have an instinct to seek shelter. Therefore, they love the goat tower.
>>
File: FloridaFrog.png (662 KB, 685x463) Image search: [Google]
FloridaFrog.png
662 KB, 685x463
mfw this thread blox
>>
>>24523761
>tfw western washington
>tfw little pocket of humid warmth and immense green growth

comfy
>>
File: Outside.jpg (1 MB, 1774x1774) Image search: [Google]
Outside.jpg
1 MB, 1774x1774
>>24523317

>abloobloo they made fun of me in spanish
>>
>>24522256
Gainesville is such a hick town if you go like 2 miles outside campus. Its also boring as fuck. Went to uf for a year and was so bored it was ridiculous.
>>
File: 1448246136566.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448246136566.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
561 here. There's nothing to do I'm losing my mind. I want a gf too. Is Denver nice?
>>
>>24523659
I was born and raised in North Florida for the first 23 years of my life.

I actually do miss it, even if it pretty much sucks. There is just something about leaving your home. Although on the plus side, it makes my infrequent trips to see family actually enjoyable. But at the same time, leaving to go back home just feels like I'm leaving home all over again.
>>
>>24523848

> made fun of me in spanish

My girl speaks Spanish, so nah. Face it, south Florida is a fucking shithole. Honestly, it'll be WAY better once it's fully Spanish/Latin and all the Italians and Jews die out.
>>
>>24523718
rip in piece anon

check em
>>
>>24521704
because you fuck goats with a cute female dick. you are the type which shouldn't when you could because you can't fuck tit
>>
>>24521643
Baton Rouge here
It's like your body adapts to it over time and you eventually can't feel it in your lungs anymore
Then you move into a really dry place like Arizona and your lips start bleeding and you get sunburnt to shit
>>
File: IMG_0109.jpg (393 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.jpg
393 KB, 768x1024
>>24524262

>face it
>offers no evidence

If you don't like it then go back to the forgettable place you came from.
>>
>>24524329
I live in BR also.

What part do you live at?
>>
I want to move to Arizona or Utah
I love the desert vibe it has
What's it like there?
Might go after school is over
>>
>>24524363
Walking distance from BRMHS and also currently attending senior year
>>
>>24524454
Oh, you're a child then.

I was hoping for someone close to my age.
>>
>>24524345

As fast as I can, don't worry. And yes, we don't forget you, since coastal Florida will be but a memory in 50 years.

Oh, and I came from NYC, very forgettable
>>
>>24523317
Well where do you live now, your majesty?
>>
>>24524486
sorry bud are you middle aged or something maybe you can hang out with my dad
>>
>>24524383
having lived there, I can say the summers in Arizona suck ass. Even reached 110s in the dog days.
Lots of dumb and Mexican chicks (they come from asu, what do you expect?).
>>
>>24524518

West Palm Beach

I've lived all over the US

Miami has a lot of great art, architecture, history, etc., but the people suck, and ALL of southeast Florida besides Miami is garbage
>>
>>24524521
I'm 25, son.

How old is your mother?
>>
>>24523718
pls
robutt blocks
>>
>>24524542
Sounds better than where im from
>>
>>24524572
Like 54
>>
>>24524600
Not bad. She might still have some life in those old bones. Do you know if she likes to party?
>>
>>24524638
not with virgins
>>
>>24524696
Perfect.

You know what they say, twice your age,

twice the fun.
>>
>>24524001
No. Stay the fuck out of Denver if you want to avoid insanely high rent and a shit ton of rude people/people who can't speak English. The weather here is shit in the winter too unless you spend $500 on a ski pass like I do, and then you have to deal with the constant traffic to and from the mountains. Don't come to Colorado, it is shit here.
>>
>>24524818

You're fucking lying to keep people out of based Colorado

> too many people moving here

fuck you
>>
>>24524853
>We want more people to move to Colorado to drive rent prices up even higher
>They probably won't even be Broncos fans
>>
>>24524885

> i love the broncos
> i've loved colorado for over a decade
> i love the people, the culture, the mountains, the beer, everything

Let others have this too, it's not too crowded yet
>>
>>24524906
It's all good until you hit a traffic jam at six in the morning of all the newbies who think it would be so great to try skiing for the first time. DESU if more people tried to live out in Aurora or north of Denver I wouldn't care too much, but south of Denver where I am is almost starting to price me out of the market due to all the newbies trying to find places to live. I should have bought a house though, if I did that I would be making sick returns right about now,
>>
>>24524968

That makes sense. I feel like Ft. Collins isn't well known enough.
>>
>>24521538
I live in florida as well and I really wish I were way out West. Maybe in NorCal or Portland.

Or maybe somewhere North like NYC or New England. Somewhere more interesting than Florida anyhow.

Mostly it's b/c I want to be far the fuck away from my family for a change. Live out on my own, meet new people, have fun independent from my folks.
>>
Arizona has no snow unless your in flagstaff. Tons of normie Mexicans, little problems with blacks. Tons of guns nra state. Homeless people and good luck getting anywhere without a car, although our bus system is okay. Hot as hell summers reccomend you stay in doors during them.
>>
Florida is great but fuck the weather
>>
Don't come to CT
You can't even buy centerfire rifles until you're 21
>>
File: 1445641750060.jpg (59 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
1445641750060.jpg
59 KB, 300x297
As someone who is originally from northern Minnesota and currently lives in southwest Florida, fuck Florida.
>Pic fucking related
>>
>>24525120 Payson snows also

Scottsdale is the clusterfuck of retired old white people
Downtown Phoenix sucks and is riddled with crime
Tuscon and Yuma are literal hell
>>
Uncle Sam decided I should go from Florida to upstate new york. I miss home but honestly it's been a great few years up here.
>>
Punta Gorda here, makes me want to die.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.