[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing with your portable game consoles in public >What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
Playing with your portable game consoles in public

>What robots think that people say about them
"Look at this filthy manchild, still playing video games."

>How people actually react
They don't give a shit, especially when they also play games on their phones.
>>
>>24519423
everybody is laughing at you either way

if you are so autistic you cant wait till u get home to play video games play them on your fucking smartphone, at least then it looks like you're texting
>>
>>24519423
I wouldn't play my DS in public.

But I absolutely never leave the house without taking both my Kindle and a physical book with me. The book just in case my Kindle happens to be dying. The only people who care are little kids who think the Kindle is a thing to play games on and keep trying to make the screen move.
>>
>>24519458
>everybody is laughing at you either way
That's what you believe because you are so insecure. I have never met anyone laughing at me for playing games while I am at subway. Mainly because I don't bother anyone (I play with the volume turned off) .
>>
File: loadout.jpg (1 MB, 3619x3549) Image search: [Google]
loadout.jpg
1 MB, 3619x3549
It's the DS/3DS specifically that looks bad because of the shape of the device and the ergonomics of using the stylus
>>
File: 1447892271605.jpg (16 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
1447892271605.jpg
16 KB, 526x526
Literally nobody cares.

Unless you're a chubby 24 year old, wearing a Mario shirt, Cargo shorts and a fedora, people will make fun of you. Maybe even take pictures of you.

I had to ride the Bus for 4 months while my car was completely fucked. If you keep the volume low/use headphones, thats good etiquette.

Ive personally seen a manchild wearing Nintendo clothing and a cute little satchel for his 3DS, laughing quietly and talking to himself about what to do next in his game, you can bet his ass was a laughing stock for the entire bus.

TL;DR
>Dont look autistic as fuck
>Be respectful of volume and space
>Dont be autistic as fuck
>>
>>24519539
This

If you actually think people are still judging you based on you playing a handheld in public, grow the fuck up.

Yes, it was dorky and cringe in Middleschool and Highschool, but with the majority of bored, drained grown up adults, nobody judges you for that shit.
Chances are theyre playing Angry Birds or some shit on their phone too, anyways.

If you dont want peooke making fun of you for playing a 3DS or Gameboy in public,
Shave your neckbeard,
Stop spending money on the gay ass Carrying Cases, Stickers, and custom pens.

And lose some weight. Fat Gamers just show how lazy and addicted you are to electronic simulation. Take care of your bod.
>>
>>24519423
No one cares desu senpai. I take my game boy SP when I'm out in public, and actually get good vibes and comments from other people with nostalgic glasses. Plus I don't look autistic, let alone dress it.
>>
The irony is that it's normalfags that usually lack good etiquette by playing games on their phones with the volume on maximum. Even if they travel with ship and everyone else around them want to sleep or relax, they don't give a shit.
>>
>>24519423
>nintendo? how old are you anon? isn't that for kids?
>>
I used to wear a huge duffel coat everyday that had enough room in the pockets to carry my PSP, ds, spare psp batteries and a book in the pockets. To be fair I had a 2 hour long bus journey to college every morning so I needed some entertainment.
>>
I'm 29. I bring my 3ds everywhere, as I use it for a pedometer and to get street passes. I never actually use it in public though.

I guess being fat and wearing cargo shorts don't help me, but whatever
>>
Attractive girls between the ages of 18-32 will look at you with disdain for playing handheld games
>>
File: 1443982381848.jpg (85 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1443982381848.jpg
85 KB, 454x453
>>24520495
Attractive girls between the ages of 18-32 will look at me with disdain no matter what I do.
>>
>>24520495
oh no lol
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.