[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you fall asleep? it takes me two or three hours on a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1447774384100.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447774384100.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
how do you fall asleep? it takes me two or three hours on a good night to fall asleep and its fucking killing me
>>
I have the same problem, some tips,

Dont get into bed until you are ready to go to sleep, if you wanna watch something on your laptop or whatever do it in a different room

Also when you are actually in bed, i have to stop myself from thinking about things or i will never fall asleep, I need to make a consious effort to think about nothing, its difficult, kinfda like medidating, but try to think of nothing. You will know you are nearly sleepiing when you might start almost hallucinating(dreaming) or really weird thoughts pop into your head at random

But honestly the ride never ends and alcohol and weed is probably your best bet,or diazepam but i try to stay away from that.
>>
Weed or 10mg melatonin usually works
>>
>>24518823
I used to take 2 to 3 hours to fall asleep back when I didnt exercise and smoked weed.

Since I stopped smoking alltogether and went exercising I fall asleep 5minutes after putting away my phone

You should try exercising and stop smoking weed.

If you dont move enough or get tired enough or have a shitty routine or dont go outside every day or fucking your body and mind up with unhealthy shit like alcohol or other drugs sleeping will always suck

good luck my friend
>>
>>24518880
good tips, though I live in an one bedroom apartment so another room is not available. been trying to avoid sleeping pills cause I dont want to become dependent on them
>>
>>24518880
>>24518895
>>24518900

dont listen to these guys

drugs make shit worse

trust me, i have been smoking for 10 years and since i stopped i sleep and feel better than ever

this was me: >>24518898
>>
>>24518898
>>24518911
i exercise a couple of times a week and rarely smoke because its illegal
been trying some relaxing tea but its disgusting and doesnt do shit
>>
File: 1447845849316.png (58 KB, 632x600) Image search: [Google]
1447845849316.png
58 KB, 632x600
A small 25mg dose of Seroquel knocks me the fuck out. Without it I'd be a zombie.
>>
>>24518823
There is one simple trick you might want to consider:
>actually doing something physical during the day that makes you tired

I also fall asleep to documentaries about nature on my phone. David Attenburugh's voice is quite calming.
>>
File: 1424468372833.jpg (32 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1424468372833.jpg
32 KB, 228x221
>>24518823
How can i go to sleep before having a presentation or some kind of activity with attention focused on me the next day?

It's a pure nightmare for me, i have always had some ocd and anxiety issues but this is the worst. I just toss around all night long until 6-7 am then if i have time i might sleep an hour or two and then i am completely exhausted when i have to do the presentation. It's so bad i would get meds but i don't know what to tell the doc, they will probably think i am a junkie wanting to get high.
>>
Avoid blue spectrum light and bright light before bed. Install flux if you haven't already and max out the settings. Ideally you shouldn't use electronics a few hours prior to sleep, but that's too hard to do for me. Dim your screen as well on top of using flux. Exercise is also ideal for sleep, again tough to do but worth it. If your body is physically exhausted it's easy to get to sleep. Lastly I use melatonin a few days a week max as I work 12 hour shifts. 3 drops 20-30 minutes prior to laying down.

>>24518895

10mg is way way too much. 300mcg. Taking more actually makes it even less effective.

http://news.mit.edu/2005/melatonin
>>
>>24518930
you probably have some shitty routine

what time do you go to bed, what time do you wake up?

try to do something active at least everyday.

Like going on a walk of minimum 30mins does miracles if you are too lazy to do some real exercise

I used to take 2 to 3 hours to fall asleep back when I really didnt give a fuck about my health, ever since I stopped smoking weed (doing drugs) started going outside and exercising regulary and ate healthy everything went fucking fine.

Try to go to bed and wake up at the same hours. Like wake up at 7am, go to bed at 10pm.

>>24518952
And here another junkie that thinks taking chemicals is suddenly gonna fix your issues.

the easy way is also bad for you and doesnt solve the problem, it numbs it.

Do what I said OP and everybody wondering.

>>24518966
This guy gets it
>>
>>24518880
Lower your caffeine intake, of you drink cofee (duh). Also, cut down sugars (sodas, sweets).

If you can fall asleep, do whatever to make your eyes tired (watching TV, reading books...)

Also, workout. That should make you tired enough.
Alcohol may make you pass out but you will propably feel even more shitty after you wake up because your body will use more energy to sober you up so it does not rest at all.
I'm not sure about weed tho.
Diazepam and benzos in general are great for falling asleep and having like really good sleep.
Or, you know, try some sleeping pills.
>>
>>24518968
desu you are if the first thing you think about is meds
>>
>>24518968

Go run for 40 minutes or even sprint a mile or two. Docs can prescribe propanolol as well if you don't have low blood pressure already, you can't get high on that. It's meant for people with high blood pressure but can be taken as needed for stage fright/public speaking/anxiety.
>>
>>24519011
>>24519001
>>24518973
>>24518952
>>24518895
>>24518880

>I cant fall asleep
>Better take drugs/meds

You guys are seriously retarded and wont ever fix your issues. Enjoy the chemical jew
>>
>>24518977
probably shitty routine then
i try to sleep at about 10 and wake up at 6 or 7
work out about the time I wake up for an hour and then sit at the computer for the rest of the day
>>
>>24519006
I have tried everything and only weed and zopiclone helped me, however i lost my last friends and i can't score weed here, it's too hard for a robot like me. Zopiclone got me extremely hooked, i loved it but quitting it was horrible.

>>24519011
I get jolts in my knees from even going up and down stairs slowly. I think running will destroy them completely. I have a bit lowish blood pressure, maybe that thing wont be good for me.
>>
>>24519001
ill try lowering sugar intakes, thx
>>
>>24519024

Note I said go running first. Remember your words when you have major surgery, I'm sure the medical staff will be happy to withhold the opioids. I agree meds are overprescribed these days especially psych meds but they have a place. A PRN script for a beta blocker as an adjunctive treatment shouldn't be an issue.
>>
I got massive problems just like you. Funny thing is I can easily fall asleep in 10 minutes between 2 and 6 am, but not at all in the night.

Things that somewhat help me:
-Jerking off
-Reading complex books that require tons of attention and arent pageturners
-Get parts of my sleep during afternoons
>>
>>24518977
>>24519027
it might have to do with my anti depressants as well, my doctor said they often cause sleep difficulties. theyre citalopram
>>
i find it easy to fall asleep if i stop trying to consciously think about shit and then random shit that doesn't make sense starts passing through my thoughts then i fall asleep after couple mins of that
>>
>>24519065

2 and 6 PM of course, fuck me
>>
>>24519065
hm, I'm an avid masturbator already, though I'll try reading before bed
>>
>>24518823
Have same problem. Even tried staying awake 2 days in a row just to fall asleep at the right time. Would not recommend, best I can do is sit on my phone reading relatively boring stuff to help me fall asleep.
>>
>>24519024
>he thinks melatonin and weed are bad
>>
>>24519027
that seems like me but works great for me

i wake up at 7am then i do exercises, going outside till noon, then spend the rest of the day on the pc or tv

and sleep around 10pm

>>24519036
dont do drugs, just dont, unless a doctor prescribes them to you and you need them because otherwise your life is complete shit. Just having sleeping troubles is not worth it to get drugs for.

Also weed makes sleeping worse, not better.

You feel you need weed to sleep good (at least I did when i used it) but now since im clean for 6 months i noticed that weed was what made (falling asleep) and sleeping worse for me

>>24519053
but i agree with you on that, if a doc prescribes you meds that you need because otherwise your life is complete shit you should take them, but just having sleeping problems does not require meds unless you are some chronic patient or something and you literally have been submitted to a hospital for it or shit like that. Not just some lazy fuck that stays inside all day and has a shitty routine.

999/1000 people claiming insomnia just have the wrong lifestyle, especially on /r9k/

>>24519066
I dont know, ask your doc about it and ask them what other you shouuld do in your daily routine. What did they say about exercise?
>>
If high impact exercise is a concern there's always rowing machines, stationary bikes, and stairclimbers. If you don't have access to those you can always do pushups and other body weight exercises.
>>
>>24518952
>Without [Seroquel] ... I'd be a zombie.

Suuure, buddy.
>>
>>24518823
I just browse internet until I sleep.
>>
>>24519094
I am certain weed is bad. I have smoked weed on a daily base (multiple joints a day) for over 8 years, and I wish I knew what I know now earlier.

Weed is bad, unless you have cancer or something and its on doctors advice, people medicating themselves with dude weed fixes all your problems lmao are gonna regret it.

I dont mind a joint on a saturday night but if you rely on it you are doing it wrong and are gonna regret it.

Had it happen, seen it happen, still see it happen. Especially where I live since its legal.

Mark my words.
>>
>fuck you asian moot for bringing back the overlord
>>
>>24519024
your body's chemicals are already making you stay awake, it only makes sense to use some outside chemicals to alter them
>>
>>24519101
doc encouraged exercise, though i fear talking to him about my sleep disorders because i think he'll prescribe sleeping pills and that makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>24519152
exercise more. If you cant fall asleep you havent been active enough

meds is for when everything else fails

and if you have to ask here im sure you havent tried yet. So do what we said, then go to a doctor so he can tell you what we said.

You dont want to rely on chemicals. Being natty is the way to go
>>
>>24519167
when i went to a shrink about my sleeping problems they also said i should exercise more, i didnt do it and many of you probably wont either (i get it, its the depression). I took sleeping pills and they made me even more sick and depressed. then i just stopped them and went exercising and then my problems started to solve themselves.

A pill seems easy but its not gonna fix it. If you wanna fix something you have to work for it. So go run. It will feel like exstacy once you pass that point, trust me
>>
>>24519024
What are you 12?

>I dont like people taking drugs
>better point it out to them on an image board

see how stupid that is
>>
>>24519298
i dont like people who take drugs as first step or take it when they arent chronicly sick

i dont mind people who take it because the doctor says they need it because else their lives become unsufferable
>>
I don't know, I just fall asleep because I'm tired, there's no magic in it, my body just takes care of everything.
>>
why not try homeopathy? all those allopathic medications only deal with the symptoms instead of tackling the source of your condition/problem.
>>
>>24518823
I usually think about something sexy/comfy and hold onto my dick. I don't jerk off though. It helps me fall asleep in less than an hour on most nights.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.