[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ex-NEETS: How did you adapt to your new lifestyle? Was it hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 285B.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
285B.png
246 KB, 550x535
Ex-NEETS: How did you adapt to your new lifestyle? Was it hard? Or you didn't adapt at all?
If you had the chance to be NEET again, would you do it?
>>
I was a NEET for 2 years after I had finished high school. I'm in college now and I'm miserable. I rarely attend classes and I'm almost 100% sure I'm going to fail my first year. My parents have no idea, but they're going to find out very soon.
Being a NEET was amazing. All alone, shitposting on 4chan, watching movies, playing vidya... I'd give anything for just a year of being alone in my room again.

I'm a schizoid, though which explains why I can handle years of social isolation without ever feeling lonely.
>>
>>24518892
OP here. Same situation as you (excluding college). NEET since december 2013. I'm pretty sure i have schizoid too since i can stay months without leaving the house nor talking with anyone.
>>
>>24518942
I take it you're a KHHV, as well? Why did you make this thread, are you getting a job soon or something? If you really are schizoid, I strongly recommend to stay away from jobs that require you to be social. Trust me, people like you and I have to be alone or we risk being miserable until we eventually commit suicide. I'm thinking of quitting college and telling my parents I want to work as nighttime security guard or something.

College is killing me. I just can't handle it. I barely graduated high school, but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off again. I just don't care enough.
>>
NEET, want to get a job really bad, but i'm afraid that i won't be able to adapt to employment. Is my fear irrational? And if not, like OP asked, how do you adapt?
>>
>>24518776
I'm NEET for 5 years or maybe more. I just wanna "made it" so I never have to work...

If I have to work it's fine, life would be shit but fine.
>>
>>24519184
you can adapt
it will be tiring and all that but usually at the end its okay because if nothing else, you get payed

set your mind on the task that from then on, you work
>>
>>24518776
Neet is more like state of mind.I been Official neet for a year after finishing Highschool but now I am in uni and I havent changed any habits.I am the same person I was 1 year ago except I waste time for things I hate(Uni stuff)

>If you had the chance to be NEET again, would you do it?
Yes, but my parents are very adamant with university meme.Having no neetbux in my country and very successful sibling doesn't help too.
>>
I had no other choice but to adapt. I was depressed. No, would not be a neet again. It's depressing
>>
>>24519044
> I take it you're a KHHV, as well?
yes

> Why did you make this thread, are you getting a job soon or something?
Probably. No Neetbux where i live.

> College is killing me. I just can't handle it. I barely graduated high school, but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off again. I just don't care enough.
stay strong bro.
>>
File: 1439063149033.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1439063149033.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
Halfway there myself.

You never really stop being a NEET. You can have obligations be it work, uni or whatever but there will be little you enjoy more than spending a whole day locked in your room doing fuck all.

In the outside world, anything you do just feels like an act, like you're copying others as to seem normal and not attract unwanted attention and have to talk to people. It's exhausting.

When working you trade your time for money, but then you end up trading money for time now that you have disposable income, so it's a viscous cycle. Not a wagekek by any means, there's just nothing I want more than time to myself.

It all feels pretty lifeless, like I'm just being dragged along by the current.
>>
bump 1.2
>>
bump 1.3
>>
>>24518776
was neet for a few years, now studying to become an MLS. yes, adapting is hard. I don't really have a passion for anything, so doing the work and listening to lectures gets tedious. It's not exactly hard, though, just boring. And I only started the 1st of september this year. My plan is to just do the minimum amount of work required to get decent grades.
Returning to neetdom is tempting cause i'm lazy as shit, but the feeling of leeching and being a useless piece of shit is terrible as well. In 3 years hopefully I can get a part time job and work 3-4 days a week. It should be relatively easy since they don't care too much about grades and there are plenty of jobs in this field. I do long for the neet days where I'd just stay in my room and do incredible amounts of weird drugs
>>
>>24518776
>How did you adapt to your new lifestyle? Was it hard? Or you didn't adapt at all?
The first few weeks or so of working full-time was tough. It's very tiring until your body gets into the routine. It feels like what you're doing is not worth it, and you're right about that.

Once you get used to the routine, it gets better. That ~10 hour part of the day doesn't exist anymore. You start to realize to enjoy the smaller free time you have now (at least if you're not working a total wageslave job where there is nearly no free time).

Fuck yes. It's the only thing that keeps me going at this point. I've been saving the entire time so I can hopefully return NEET in my 40s.
>>
>>24518942
I thought I was schizoid, but it was just a way to cope with the loneliness. I suspect the same is true for lots of robots. It's disappeared now.
>>
>>24522892
> loneliness
Problem is that i never felt that. I also have trouble connecting to others and low empathy.
>>
>Ex-NEETS: How did you adapt to your new lifestyle? Was it hard? Or you didn't adapt at all?

It was fine. Getting up and doing the same thing every day felt a little confining at first, but then I got the confidence to ask for time off when I needed it and basically worked my schedule out to be pretty fuggin comfy. One gets into the rhythm of things and provided you don't have a psycho boss it's easy enough to design a good lifestyle. I did have some trouble with being late to work for the first month or so; just wasn't used to commuting.

If I could do so and be financially secure, yes. But I would travel and volunteer and shit. If I had unlimited money, though, I would just go back to college and study shit for fun.

Employment is nothing to be proud of, per se, especially when it's just a job and not a career you care about, but it does feel bretty gud to be good at your profession, however humble. I can see why people get defensive about it and proud of how hard their boss keks them.
>>
I got used to.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.