[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schools are prisons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>2015

>Still sending your kids to day prison/reeducation camp so they can be tortured by other students and the teachers under the guise of getting "educated" when literally could learn all this stuff faster and better by just using the Internet.
>>
>>24518484

By the way a GED is just as good as a diploma.
>>
I learned more in the the several years I've been out of schooling

I did 13 years..
>>
>>24518521
It is Not
Learning wise it may be
>>
>>24518484
I remember my "schools are prisons" phase.
>>
>>24518484
Tfw you like being in school coz when it's weekend or holiday u feel like shit coz no one wants to be with you outside of school
>>
>>24518484

Universities CAN be a great way to go - if you're in the right program at the right universities. And even then that's hoping you have the scholarships to cover it. For the vast majority of us, it's a bad deal. We need to bring back apprenticeships. I'm in nursing, and it de facto how you learn anyway. Nursing education is 80% a hazing ritual, the main purpose is as a hoop annoying enough to jump through that the complete idiots are filtered out. Mostly.
>>
>>24518521
you dont need ged

online high schools provide diplomas
>>
>>24518878
city colleges have trade programs that include internships in the curriculum

people really need to check out city colleges

shit is inexpensive and practical
>>
>angry underage raging about school with le memes
>>
>>24518932

In my area they're called community colleges. And yeah, knowing what I know now I'd have gone that route and avoided the 4-year university route.
>>
>>24518484
I agree with that, but some children are too dumb/lazy/distracted to study by themselves.
Especially in today's entertainment obscessed society.
Rousseau actually recommended sending children to the countryside so they can have a normal childhood and grow up to be sane persons.
>>
>>24518878

>the main purpose is as a hoop annoying enough to jump through that the complete idiots are filtered out

Or maybe it's filtering out smarter people who have a low tolerance for bullshit.

Just a thought.
>>
>>24518878
I'm an RN and nursing school wasn't hazing, good grief, I actually enjoyed nursing school.
>>
>>24519489
show tits nurse roast
>>
>>24518484

Schools are about socialization as much as education. This is why home schooled kids are so weird.
>>
>>24519301
Most people are too dumb to benefit from education anyway.

It would save trouble if we didn't treat everyone like the next nuclear physicist, and instead started filtering the dumber kids into vocational and trade training after the age of 12 or so.

But if Tyrone and Juan disproportionately end up in the trade schools as they inevitably would, SJWs would claim discrimination and mess the whole plan up.
>>
>>24519489

Assuming you're American, it could be yours was the exception. I've talked to too many RNs from around the country to believe that mine was. To be completely honest it worries me if you aren't extremely critical of the quality of your education. The NCLEX is a joke of a test, clinical hours are getting lower and lower, and nursing instructors are often of... questionable merit.
>>
>>24520317
I never bothered to socialize. So what should happen to kids that don't want to socialize in your opinion?
>>
>>24519453

You haven't met many nurses or nursing students, then. Also, we still need talented and independent thinking NPs and CRNAs.
>>
>>24520546
>So what should happen to kids that don't want to socialize in your opinion?

They should end up posting on internet message board forums dedicated to hating normal people who did socialize.
>>
>>24518484
Only if you're smart and motivated though.
>>
>>24520454
>after the age of 12 or so.
Probably going to want to go a few years after 12. Britain used to have a test like that but it never really worked. (Partly since 12 is too young to decide life direction and partly since the vocational schools were underfunded.)
>>
>>24520508
Yeah my education wasn't amazing in terms of clinical practice (I had to be trained on how to draw blood at my job and I haven't worked in acute care so I would need training for thins like filets) and I went to a *top school*, but it wasn't hazing.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.