[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retail Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: Retail-feels.jpg (107 KB, 509x339) Image search: [Google]
Retail-feels.jpg
107 KB, 509x339
>That guy who comes in and doesn't intend to buy a thing
>Just want someone to listen to him talk

For fuck's sake, mate. I understand loneliness but I don't come to your job and interrupt your suicide fantasies and talk about my problems. I would appreciate you offer me the same treatment.
>>
Hi i like to browse with no intentions to buy. Would it be a problem if i come to hour store and do that everyday? I dont like talking to people
>>
>>24515851
Browsing without purchase is at worst a mild irritantance, it just means I have to look busy until you leave. Don't really care. They people who treat me like a close friend or free psychiatrist are the ones wearing me down. I just don't care about your life. Please leave me alone.
>>
>>24515901
>irritantance

*irritation.
>>
>>24515831
> That cashier who just fucking wont let you go home by talking to you when you just want to pay your shit
> You actually have to respond shit like "y-yeah" or "r-right" on repeat so he can finally understand you dont want to talk to him

For fucks sake mate, I understand your job is shit and all, but I don't care about you shitty ass smalltalk, let me just buy my junk food in peace.
>>
>>24515901
>just means I have to look busy

Why?
>>
>>24515916
>Cashier wanting to talk to the customer and not the other way around

I guess there's a first for everything.
>>
>>24515942
I don't know. A sense of obligation. I don't feel comfortable shitposting on 4chan or mindless browsing the internet if people are in the store. Maybe I subconsciously understand how ridiculous and easy my job is and am trying to justify my existence or role there in people's eyes.
>>
>tfw you work the day shift and are surrounded by old wealthy retired people and young mothers.

It's honestly exhausting.I can't relate to any of these people and they blather on about shit I just don't care about.
I wish someone would come into the store to shoot up the place. I'd happily jump them in the hopes that they might shoot me.
>>
>24 hour shift in 5 hours
>still didn't go to sleep
Somebody just shoot me dead
>>
I need out of retail. It's so bloody boring. Might just go back to NEETdom.
>>
>>24515970
>old wealthy retired people

In my experience they're better than poor or middle class old people. They often treat you like a servant but the middle class or poor ones whose children no longer talk to them are often starved for attention and just will not shut the fuck up. I work 32 hours a week and at least 90 minutes of that is guaranteed to be standing and listening to this old regular talk about the shit going on in his life or the shit he's done. He doesn't even let me talk. If I talk, he interrupts or talks over me. He literally just wants someone to stare at him while he talks, occasionally nodding.
>>
If anyone is here from Sydney ill tKe your job if you want out senpai
>>
>>24515953
Happens to me all the time when I'm the only person in the store

> Hey you look like a "insert some retarded trending web 2.0 job", are you ?
> Nice, you're going to make some margaritas with that ?
> You look tired bro
> Have you seen the game ?

P-please leave me alone
>>
File: 1354824088663.jpg (72 KB, 634x650) Image search: [Google]
1354824088663.jpg
72 KB, 634x650
>he didnt quit retail to go into food to fuck with chad's food

you're the kek of wagekeks.
>>
>>24515831
>tfw you see a line of customers when it's closing time
>>
File: 1426460555575.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1426460555575.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
>Work in electronics store
>Answer phone
>Guy asks if he can return an iTunes card he bought three months ago from another store with no receipt
>Continues to argue with me
>"B-But I have proof I bought it! On my bank account! Let me speak to the manager
>Manager asks if he redeemed he code
>"Well I scratched it off but the code didn't work that's why I want to return it "
>>
>>24516000
I can't fucking stand it but I need the money though. I'm 30, don't have parents I can leech off and have debt so I have no choice. I'm plotting an exit strategy now though. Hoping to be debt free in 4 months, then in 13 months leaving with whatever I save in that time plus my leave payments, moving closer to the city, getting a part time job as a barista or bartender one or two nights a week and enrolling in university.
>>
File: 1443816694459.jpg (35 KB, 385x375) Image search: [Google]
1443816694459.jpg
35 KB, 385x375
>>24515968
I hate the whole attitude bosses have about 'looking busy'
The job is to persuade people to buy things and keep the store in order, if there is legitimately nothing to do then doing pointless tasks is just degrading.
I mean I understand keeping up appearances for customers, but employers who try to squeeze every last ounce of value out of me to the point of making my day a living hell is just bs.
This is why I fail to hold jobs, fuck it, whatever, I'll be a NEET...
>>
>>24516006
Oh yeah. I get those too.
But I feel sorry for them.
The rich ones piss me off because of how disconnected they are to society.
They just assume that youre in a shitty situation because you don't try enough.

The fact is, people just don't take chances with others anymore. Experience is king and its a real catch 22.
Unless you're the Chad Adonis that is. Because everyone loves that guy and will bend over backwards for him.
>>
>>24516041
>2 minutes to closing
>3 groups of people enter the store
>You tell them the store is closing soon
>No one listens
>Can't lock the door because people are still in the store
>People keep coming through the door
>End up working half an hour more for free before you can finally lock up
>>
>>24516006
>I work 32 hours a week
60 hrs here, stop whining little bitch
>>
>>24516047
>I hate the whole attitude bosses have about 'looking busy'

I guess over the years I've had so many that their bullshit has well and truly sunk in. Still feel the need to look busy even when I'm in charge and there's no one else in store.
>>
>>24516071
>ever working 60 hours

Rather kill myself
>>
>>24516047
Same here. I don't mind working, i just hate all the bullshit that comes with it.
>>
>work fedex ground package handler
>lift heavy boxes all day
>boss tells me im too slow at least once a week
>always sore
>been working for almost 2 months now
>considering suicide

How can I get neet bux. Will a doctor get me neet bux if they confirm some kind of serious depression disorder with me?
>>
>>24516071
>Working 60 hour retail weeks

Kek would consider suicide. Are you a single mother with three kids or something? How much do you get paid a week?
>>
>>24516081
Such is life in mother Russia, you either work yourself to death or get paid scraps. I'm actually considered a mild worker, some old ladies here have literally 1 day off a month, clocking 350 hrs
>>
>>24516066
At home depot we would just close the doors and turn off the auto door shit. if people tried to get in we would just tell them to fuck off.

Stop being beta, tell them you're closed.
>>
3 weeks into my retail job and I am ready to leave

I have to promote these fucking awful smelling perfumes every sale or I get in trouble when the bitch supervisor rats me out to the manager for not selling crap to some kid who's just buying a can of coke.

Also at the end of every shift my locker, bag and pockets are checked for stolen items.

I FUCKING WORK FOR YOU AND TREAT ME WORSE THEN ACTUAL THIEVES
>>
>>24516047
Nigger they tell you to get busy because you stand there like an asshole with a sour puss expression on your face. If you acted human it'd be different. Just stop being annoying.
>>
>>24515953
A first? Cashiers are always talking my ear off. Just leave me alone.
>>
>>24516128
If you know what it's like to hold a job you'd be like that too
>>
>>24516124
just stop giving a fuck about what they think m8

It literally doesnt matter, let your manager talk to you all day about your lack of salesmanship. It's always better to get fired than to quit, just stop giving a fuck, go in, stand there, get your money, leave.
>>
>>24516047
My bosses currently are stalking me so that I have to use the shitty blue felt tip pen that leaks everywhere to circle everyones receipt and talk about the Brand Guarantee constantly.

Because failure to talk about the Brand Guarantee means that customers won't know about the Brand Guarantee, and if they don't know about the Brand Guarantee, then they can't answer the survey asking them if they know about the Brand Guarantee.
Everyone has to know how amazing the Brand Guarantee is because the Brand Guarantee is the second coming of Christ. Truly those unenlightened about the Brand Guarantee will never know the true joy of its savings and how superior our store chain is to the other store chains that do not do the Brand Guarantee.
Everywhere I see Brand Guarantee. It's on the walls,the doors, the floors, in the faces of children and the hearts of men.
How could anyone NOT know the joys of Brand Guarantee. Oh they must be living in the cave like a Philistine!

Fuck the Brand Guarantee. It's something they should have been doing in the first place. Our company is always following the market like a bitch.
Literally NO-ONE gives a shit about the fucking Brand Guarantee.
It's been going on for over a month. I think everyone knows about this shit. Just fuck off you uppity young managers.
I don't want your bullshit.
>>
>>24516096
Live in a homeless shelter and talk to the social workers there, they'll advocate for you.
The government will do whatever they can to avoid giving you bux, but it's cheaper and avoids more social problems if they house you and supply you money for your necessities than to have you on the street.
That's how I got on bux anyways.
>>
File: 1438336840575.jpg (347 KB, 853x1090) Image search: [Google]
1438336840575.jpg
347 KB, 853x1090
>be NEET
>go shopping for random shit during a work day
>sometimes the dead eyed cashier asks something like "found time off work?" or "uni break?"
>"no"
>>
Fuck retail, I miss my old warehouse job, they pay less but they're godly compared to retail shittery.
One of my first jobs was
>worked at warehouse at night 2 days work/2 days rest
>shift is 10 hours
>actually get to sleep at least 3 of them and then get out 1 hour early
>work part is hard and straining, but at least nobody forces you to smile and be positive
>working alongside with a bunch of gloomy silent dudes who are more than happy to never speak to you
>physical exhaustion is better than mental one
Those who just start their wagekeking path, I recommend
>>
>>24516161
While working at home depot for 3 years, they always told me to circle the survey.

I never did.

They complained about my survey rates being low, but guess what, I did not give one single fuck.

You keks get mad over the dumbest shit. If you don't like it, just don't do it. They won't fire you over it, and if they do, so the fuck what, get a different retail job, there are literally dozens of them around you.
>>
>>24516156
>It's always better to get fired than to quit

Said no employer ever. Quitting is infinitely better. There are so many valid reasons and ways you can spin it to look like a positive move you decided to take. Being fired is an admission that you were a shitty employee.
>>
>>24516169
>pay less
how. Every retail job in my area pays minimum wage except Aldi.

I'm only working fedex because it pays better than literally anything else.
>>
File: 1444176415550.png (153 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
1444176415550.png
153 KB, 457x480
>>24516112
Fuck this gay earth.
I want to see rich exploitive assholes get skinned alive and left for the crows.
>>
>>24516147
I've been consistently employed for 5 years at this point. I was like you before but realized all you have to do is not be a dick. Bosses make your life shit because you're shit to be around. I realized that and changed. And when I became a boss I realized how annoying workers are. If I mention to certain workers to do something when work is slow you can feel the reluctance. It's like why the fuck are you upset about working at work motherfucker? Show some goddamn initiative.
>>
File: nofun.jpg (96 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
96 KB, 448x473
>>24516047
The worst stuff is the no fun allowed shit. I work in the back of the store unloading lorries, so i don't have to really interact with anyone for most of the day, but no, i'm not allowed to listen to music or anything. Such stupid bullshit. It's just a mindless monotonous task, allowing me to do that would probably make me more productive than anything.
>>
>>24516173
I don't do it anon.
I draw the line at handing out the shitty survey card.
I'd rather have people complain to my face or to a customer service rep.
I don't want any feedback.
Just to be left alone to work at a shitty job that's 15 minute walk from my house, while I very slowly get my shit together in life.
>>
>>24516180
Except when you quit, you can't get unemployment bux you stupid idiot.

No one has ever called retail jobs to confirm why you quit. I was fired from 2 jobs and still put them on my resume and listed why I quit. Guess what, I still get jobs whenever I run out of money.
>>
>>24516188
Well I'm currently working at premium class food retail, which pays well above minwage, but in exchange they constantly force you to take stupid courses and exams to level up your qualification.
>>
>>24516195
Honestly dude theres a reason, they are scared of safety related accidents, if you ever got hit by a fork lift or something because you couldn't hear it, the store would be fucked in the ass financially and legally.
>>
>>24516202
>Except when you quit, you can't get unemployment bux you stupid idiot.

What backward country are you from?
>>
>>24516223
Does everything have to be about what country we live in? Relax.
>>
>>24516195
I feel you. I work nights so I get maybe 5-6 customers per shift and the manager still raised shitstorm once I DARED to listen to a fucking audiobook to not kill myself from boredom
>>
>>24516230
In this instance it does. What kind of country stipulates you must be fired to receive unemployment? I would have thought the only prerequisite be unemployment and evidence that you are looking for another job.
>>
>>24516216
There isn't anything like that out back. We don't have a forklift. We only have electric pump trucks or manual ones. There's really nothing that could injure me. The back area is really small and it's just me. It's not like some hectic warehouse.
>>
>>24516128
I don't see why? Moving product is what brings profit to the store. Beyond maintaining an environment conductive to sales and actually selling things what else is important? Refolding shirts 3 times a day accomplishes nothing, oh my mistake, it keeps employees cowed, it's a management technique, and it's annoying.
>>
>>24516193
Look at this guy. Forgetting where he came from. No wonder your employees stands around with a sour puss look on their faces
>>
>>24516193
>why the fuck are you upset at working at work

Holy fuck this. I got promote and realized how fucking entitled 20 something workers are. Just keep busy even when things are slow jackass. I didn't say you had to do it quickly. Do it slow. I don't care. Just don't stand there with an asshole expression.
>>
>>24516257
They did until I fired dumbasses and finally got lucky with some new hires. You're at work.

So work.
>>
>working my ass off managing 3 sections of the store, fulfilling functions of a clerk, merchandiser and janitor all in one
>mall guard dude in a tall fat retard whose work is to stand there and do nothing
>we get paid the same
Why
>>
File: 1321421588520.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
1321421588520.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>dropped out of school
>parents made me apply for jobs
>get one as a merchandiser for a department store that liked to crown themselves as competitors to macys but obviously werent
>wake up at 5 am
>unload pallets of bullshit
>store meetings that we were required to go to even though the fat lady manager just did retarded hype speeches to the salespeople when we still had plenty of shit that needed set up
>after said meetings, manager comes up to my area and asks why me and the retarded nigger who they hired as my partner haven't cleared the pallet yet
>occasionally they would have employee appreciation week where they would show us videos of people who used to want to be astronauts but convinced themselves that working for bon ton was better because they interacted with people
>>
>>24516255
Clean. You're store isn't spotless. Stop bitching about having to work at work.
>>
>>24516267
>I got promote and realized how fucking entitled 20 something workers are.

Try managing ones studying in college. They think they know everything. I guess I was like that once too, but now people like that drive me insane.
>>
>>24516267
>>24516276
Funny coming from managers who largely do fuck all all day, while taking long ass breaks. (might be different for you guys and maybe you do, but basically every supervisor where i have ever worked does pretty much nothing).
>>
>>24516285
I wonder how the guy who wanted to be an astronaut feels like when he made that video.

His soul must be torn asunder
>>
>>24516295
Exactly. Life hits them hard though. They'll see how stupid they're being.
>>
>>24516282
Because he's a smart goy and you're a dumb one.
>>
>>24516267
They do it with an asshole expression because their superiors such as yourself is the asshole that ruins the atmosphere of the workplace. No, you haven't learnt shit. You still continue to only see things from your own perspective despite once being in their shoes
>>
File: 1407533127926.jpg (88 KB, 976x622) Image search: [Google]
1407533127926.jpg
88 KB, 976x622
How do you guys alleviate the boredom?

That's the worst thing. How can you do the same thing for hours on end without it becoming so mind numbing? I don't even do stuff i actually enjoy for like 8 hours straight.
>>
>>24516193
It's a shitty paying job that crushes my soul and I don't want to be there but I don't have a choice because this is the society I live in and if I had the chance I would paint the walls of the store with my brains.

That's why I don't want to work while I'm at work.
>>
>>24516303
I have to deal with the shit attitudes of workers, customers, my bosses (I have bosses too jackass), deal with your schedules that are always changing, inventory, financial liabilities, and people who steal. And that's the short version. Yes, I don't have to stand at a register. Whoopty fuckin doo.
>>
Question

I'm searched for stolen items at the end of every shift and I am told to try and sell perfumes to every single customer even if they do not have a single ounce of interest in them. If I do not personally manage to sell a quota of perfumes everyday I am called in the office and told off to being a poor salesman despite these perfumes are obviously the shit ones that they are trying to hawk off to people in the Christmas rush.

Is my workplace legitmately shit or am I being entitled?
>>
>>24516276
Tell me friend. Since being in a position of command, how hard do you work yourself?
>>
>>24516161
whats the brand guarantee
>>
>>24516339
Then don't be there. Leave. Don't be upset at working at fuckin work. Mentally prepare yourself for work. It's work.
>>
>>24516338
>How do you guys alleviate the boredom?

I'm the only one in the store and the internet is unfiltered.
>>
File: NEW RECORD.gif (2 MB, 390x158) Image search: [Google]
NEW RECORD.gif
2 MB, 390x158
>>24516167
>be NEET
>go shopping for random shit during a work day
>it's a small store so fucking everyone knows me
>been going there for four years, five times a week
>once went there with six filled minigrip bags of pennies and they didn't even count them
>instead completely trusted me when I told them how much was in each bag
>feels kinda good
>>
File: 1442176388401.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1442176388401.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>24516339
But it's a voluntary contract! You can leave whenever you want!
>>
>>24516346
Very.

Milkblox
>>
>>24516350
>but I don't have a choice because this is the society I live in

I'll just continue to hate being there like always. If I could get neetbux I'd leave in a second.
>>
>>24516276
You didnt understand my post at all. Stop talking tough please. Were all anons here
>>
>>24516336
What did I even fucking do? You came in 10 minutes late and I said nothing. Just work. That's it. If it's slow then work slow. But you still have to work you entitled little shit. I have bosses too. If they see you standing there like an asshole then I get chewed out. Get mad at them.
>>
What exactly is the point in being a supervisor in retail if you guys supposedly have to work just as hard?

You get a tiny amount extra. Unless you're the actual store manager or something.
>>
>>24516345
To them to fuck themselves and quit. Your only obligation during these shitty promotions should be to suggest this crap, you aren't and shouldn't be responsible for their sales ratios
>>
>>24516372
Work. That's all you have to do. Stop bitching.
>>
File: 1410382205644.png (120 KB, 356x333) Image search: [Google]
1410382205644.png
120 KB, 356x333
>not only do you have to work 100%, 100% of the time
>you have to fucking enjoy it you entitled little shits

t-t-thanks robomanagers, truly you are making out working lives better.
>>
>>24516371
Are you seriously saying you have no choice like a slave? This is how entitled people like you are. You compare yourselves to people who have literally no choice.
>>
>>24516404
I can A) work this shitty job or B) Be homeless in NY in December
>>
>>24516401
Who said you have to enjoy it? You think I enjoy looking at your dumbass expression while you work reluctantly?
>>
>>24516285
You're geting paid to attend work meetings right?
>>
>managers ITT
I sincerely hope you faggots get cancer in your ass, all of you are terrible people who deserve the worst
>>
>>24516415
So you're seriously, honest to god, saying you're forced to work like a slave? Really?
>>
>>24516401
I'm a manager and hate working at my store almost as much as I hate my life. If my staff ever bitched about me I'd be fucking furious. I don't ask or expect anything of them except to be on time, keep the place, always try upsell every purchase (don't care if you're not always successful but I expect you to try) and not fuck up the money in the register. That's it. I don't hold team meetings, give speeches, ask for over time or anything. i understand it's just a job and don't expect them to be passionate about it, I sure as shit barely contain my disdain for the job, but I do expect you to do what you're paid to do and sure as fuck not make any more work for me.
>>
>>24516418
the meetings were during my shifts.

but they conflicted with the duties they hired me for in the first place and actively contributed to my "poor work performance".

After a few months i realized the job was for suckers and kept applying for other ones. I work as a barback now. Not a great paying jobn but at least I work with real people who aren't slave drivers.
>>
>>24516430
Because I worked and wasn't an asshole about it? Ok. Keep your shit eater attitude and see where that gets you.

Working with you isn't a goddamn picnic either you fuckin failure.
>>
File: 1438998542107.jpg (71 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
1438998542107.jpg
71 KB, 550x412
>>24516355

I love that wageslave apathy. I've had people just ask me what was in my bag because they couldn't be fucked counting the items themselves.

>could fill a bag with literally anything and say "five Fantas" and they'd just take my word for it
>>
>>24516339
See, this is why managers and supervisors think theyre above the general staff and hence treat them like shit, because some employees needs to make a living so the superiors see that as an opportunity to bully them while still getting away with it. To the managers here, stop justifying yourselvs, lol
>>
I honestly don't understand the policy of obligatory good-bye-thank-you-we-will-be-happy-to-see-you-again routine. Like, imagine this shit from customers perspective, he's going through the store and every single clerk and consultant bids his farewell every 2 minutes. Its weird at best and fucking annoying at worst. Yet if I don't goodbye the customer I get yelled at.
>>
>>24516439
This. Why do workers get mad that we expect them to work at work? I don't fucking understand. I'm not asking you to go faster. But don't just fuckin stand there.
>>
I've been working retail and fast food since I was 18. I'm 25 now. Most jobs I held for a year before quitting, when I finally tried to stay at one for much longer, three years, I got fired. No one will hire me except for retail and fast food. I have no money saved because every penny I made went to rent and food costs. I can't afford college and I'm too dumb for it anyway.

I have no friends, just co-workers who don't spend time with me outside of work. Girls don't take interest in me because of my shitty life situation and equally shitty social skills.

I've never received a bonus and my average pay is 8 dollars a hour.

I am wagekeking personified.
>>
>>24516345
Probably a little bit of both. You should be pushing shitty perfumes on people, or find a new job. That part is simple. You either like and do the job or you find a new one. The searching part is weird, like really weird. I'd be questioning the legality of it honestly.
>>
>>24516340
Generally its those who has just a little bit of power are the ones that act uppity about it.
>>
>>24516404
>Are you seriously saying you have no choice like a slave

People don't. Yeah, people can just quit but then they have no income. It's just of misleading to just say 'if you hate it so much just quit'. You have the 'choice', but you really don't.

More people would just quit if it was a legitimate option.
>>
>>24516490
I don't get what you might be implying about me but my only point is I don't fuck with employees. So just fuckin do your job. I don't expect anything more. And if it's slow then work slow. But you still have to work.
>>
>>24516416
I used to work hard, but it's never enough with managers. They always want more even if you're giving your all. It's never fast enough, it's never enough. That's why i don't give a fuck. If i work hard i just get given more and more while getting paid the same regardless.
>>
>>24516345
you left out whether you actually put in the effort in teying to sell yhem. If you put in the effort, its mangements fault, if not its your sense of entitlement
>>
>>24516446
Everybody in that environment is a failure anon.
Successful people learn a valuable skill, retailfags are keked hard by the soul sucking system they've fallen into.
You clearly hate your job as well, seeing how angry and bitter you've been in this thread.
What a sad waste of a life it is.
>>
>>24516494
You do have a choice. Learn a trade to earn more. Take classes. Slaves don't have that choice. Stop comparing yourself to a slave. It's cringe inducing.
>>
>>24516494
Not to mention if you quit you don't get unemployment so you eat into what savings you may have while you look for a new job

Obviously looking for a new job while keeping your current one is the idea but finding time to go to an interview during your typical shift is tough. And of course you run the risk of the new job not working out and since you weren't there long enough you still don't get unemployment.

America really is shitty when you're lower middle class
>>
>>24516514
This. I was always a person with 'work at 101% capacity to finish quicker and then rest longer' mentality, but that shit doesn't fly in retail. They don't want you to work efficiently/fast, they just want you to WORK. You can finish all your shit 2 hours until the end of a shift, and they'll force you to double, triple check it all over again because standing still is a deadly sin to them.
>>
>>24516386
Did say that? Did you let them know youre up their asses because your boss told you to do ir?
>>
>>24516518
I have a degree and get paid 70k a year. I'm not rich but I live a comfortable life. I don't hate my job at all. I hate specific aspects of it. Workers who don't want to work simply make no sense to me. Why are you there? If you don't want that job then excel to get promoted or take classes. I think you think I'm some retail manager because that's your world. That's the sad thing.
>>
>>24516477
>I've been working retail and fast food since I was 18.
>I have no friends, just co-workers who don't spend time with me outside of work. Girls don't take interest in me because of my shitty life situation and equally shitty social skills.

This is me except I'm 30 and a manager. Had the same problems until this place. Been here for years before I became the manager.

Literally all I did was be overly friendly to the old manager and laughed at his shit jokes, always looked acted busy, always apologized for shit that wasn't my fault and never turned down a shift. When he left for a new job I was given his job. I'm assuming he recommended me for the position and that's why it was offered to me. That is all it takes to become a manager in retail.
>>
>>24516548
Of course I did. Some workers just aren't cool and they're entitled.
>>
>>24516396
>more tough talk

Ayy lmao. Sorry i put you on the defensive
>>
>>24516517
Yeah I give an honest try at it, but most people who come in aren't interested in perfumes and just want our stupid cheap cola drinks and medicine.

Its completely misunderstanding of our demographic and I'm being the one fucked for it.
>>
File: 1409378656121.jpg (34 KB, 304x288) Image search: [Google]
1409378656121.jpg
34 KB, 304x288
>the grocery store I always shop at installs self check-out lanes
>>
>>24516543
>Not to mention if you quit you don't get unemployment

Is this an American thing? My country gives you welfare whilst you look for a new job even if you quit.
>>
>>24516560
The sad thing is I would be thrilled to be a manager. At least then my family might not consider me the black sheep due to my lack of a "real job".
>>
>>24516567
That's tough to you? Ok. Keep living your life like you are. It's clearly working for you.
>>
>>24516551
>I think you think I'm some retail manager because that's your world.

Maybe because this is a specific retail thread and you never said otherwise?
>>
>>24516583
>Is this an American thing?

Yeah pretty much, you struggle and the people that succeeded tell you to fuck yourself because they had to struggle too. Total crab bucket.
>>
>>24516439
Wait wait wait, you dont want to be given extra work yet you're hassling your staff to put in more work? Lmao this is what i meant earlier when i said you people still havent learnt shit.
Guess what? That supposed extra work that you're given, that's just part of the work itself, deal with it hypocrite
>>
>>24516591
I never said I was a retail manager. Ever. I never even hinted at it. Workers who don't want to work are complete idiots. That doesn't change no matter what industry you work in.
>>
>>24516583
I got fired and I didn't qualify for unemployment because my shitty minimum wage job didn't pay me enough.
>>
>>24516451
Lmao and no one dares reply.
>>
>>24516588
It's nothing special. I'm embarrassed to tell people what I do. It's cushy as fuck but the pay is mediocre and I'm sick of dealing with people. Gotta get out of it.

Management experience is relatively transferable to other occupations and 30 is still young enough to start over, r-right?
>>
>>24516606
>I never said I was a retail manager. Ever. I never even hinted at it

Like i said. This is a specific retail thread, so you don't need to hint at it, it's obviously just assumed.

You're acting like other people in here are so dumb, but you can't even understand something so basic.
>>
>>24516571
Yeah, you might want to start throwing out some apps and resumes. It sounds like your management is shit/
>>
File: neet..jpg (59 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
neet..jpg
59 KB, 500x397
So glad i live in a welfare state. Feel sorry for you american brobots.
>>
I'll be quitting this hell in late january. Sucks to be working on New Years Eve night, but at least I'll quit right on the day of my paid vacation so I won't have to show up in this retarded place again. Was looking for a new job for 2 months now and no success so far, the only place I found rejected me because I was already hired and they wouldn't wait.
Seriously, robots, retail is never worth it, don't do this shit, I worked in it for 3 years and there wasn't a day I didn't regret that decision. Look for better job, any job, ignore your nagging parents telling you to get one and just look, schedule 5-6 interviews a day but dont go to retail. It's literally the bottom, trust me.
another disgusting place are call centers, stay the fuck away
>>
>>24516605
>Wait wait wait, you dont want to be given extra work yet you're hassling your staff to put in more work?
>That supposed extra work that you're given, that's just part of the work itself, deal with it hypocrite

I have my own shit to do. I don't need to do your job too. If my staff do their job I don't bother them. If they leave me a messy store, unfinished jobs and a bunch of problems it creates more work for me. I shouldn't have to do the jobs of two people. I'll do what I'm paid for, you do what you're paid for.
>>
>>24516621
Probably. If I'm not a manager or better by the time I reach 30 I'm just gonna kill myself. Actually knowing I can one day kill myself and not have to suffer through a life of shitty work for pennies is all that keeps me going some days.
>>
>>24516446
Mfw wakeslave calls another wageslave a failure. Not the person you responded to but
Lol at your crab mentality. No one big corporation controls the average citizen
>>
>>24516625
No it's not. It's a thread about workers grievances. Pay attention. There are posts talking about neetdom.
>>
>>24516637
>I'll be quitting this hell in late january. Sucks to be working on New Years Eve night

What else would you be doing? Posting on r9k?
>>
>get sick of job
>walk out in the middle of shift
>block phone number of job

I always feel so free.
>>
>>24516637
The problem is there's no other option for people like me.

If you're born working class in the middle of nowhere you don't really have much choice. It's retail work or working in call centre. There's literally nothing else out here. Then those jobs don't give you enough to move to a better place because all of your shit wage goes to bills. It's a trap i'm stuck in.
>>
>>24516649
I own the company...

I'm not a slave if I'm choosing to do this dumbass.
>>
>coworkers who can't keep their shitty problems outside of the workplace
I fucking hate you, just so you know.
Quit crying like a little bitch and do what you're paid to do instead of making me do both of our jobs, cunt.
>>
>>24516652
>Retail Feels
>>
>>24516656
>botching your work history to feel edgy for a short while
Good for you
>>
>>24516652
Yes you can obviously post other stuff, but if you don't say otherwise it's not exactly a leap to assume you work in retail.
>>
>>24516658
>Lying on an anonymous image board

Why though?
>>
>>24516664
>neetdom is retail feels

HURR DURR

I don't see you calling out NEET posts for being "off topic". Just because I pointed out a simple thing. Workers who don't want to work at work are idiots.
>>
>>24516658
Here we go, CEOs showed up.
Tell us about your 10 inch cock and personal mansion on the moon.
>>
>>24516660
That's how normies deal with work. They couldn't deal with work if it wasn't treated like just another social gathering.
>>
>>24516666
I've been doing it for a decade, I've never had a problem getting new jobs since I just lie on my resume and nobody gives a shit.

Longest I've held a job was 10 months, I loathe working
>>
is there anything more pathetic than a manager of a fucking retail store?

the definition of kek
>>
>>24516685
Didn't call you out for being off-topic. I called you out for replying to people talking specifically about retail in a retail themed thread, and then mocking him for assuming you work in retail when you made no other post even hinting at it being otherwise.
>>
>>24516682
I do though. I'm a chemical engineer who creates new soaps for various global companies.
>>
>>24516632
Autistic europig no fucking die die. America is perfect, europig, no. Die.
>>
>>24516714
Workers who don't want to work at work are idiots. Period. Obsess all you want. That was my only point. Inb4 nerd rage
>>
>>24516660
> Working retail
> Some single mother is doing a training position
> Goes on about her kid, how if she gets a job here it would be fantastic
> Free labour for a possible job
> In a capitalistic society
> costanza jpg
> one day she's working besides me and breaks down
> invite her into the office to cry it out whatever
> goes on about her boyfriend broke up with her
> does the classical "he was always heartless" damage control mode to me
> she gets over it and gets back to work
> at the end of our shift she invites me to go a bar with her
> nope
> I'm walking to the bus
> she comes up behind me and whispers to me that she needs a new fuck since her boyfriend had a pecker
> I have a girlfriend fuck off
> She stares at me, sobbing while me and the bus speeds off
>>
>>24516047

I was so good at my job and management had heard "stories" about me telling supervisors to fuck off that they never really told me to do anything. I didn't even have to wear the stupid Walmart vest half the time.
>>
>>24516689
I make 70k. I'm not trying to brag. That's barely middle class. Calm down.
>>
>currently wagekeking
>been offered a decent job
>pays well, quite prestigious

>its 2 hours of commute
Is it worth it, robots? Should I take it even if just to have something worthwhile on my resume?
>>
>>24516544
Not him but still waiting for uppity managers to give their opinion. But surely it's going to be something along the lines of youre getting paid to work so work anyway, this is why this crab mentality benefits large corporations and like another anon said all retailfags are keked hard
>>
>>24516710
>is there anything more pathetic than a manager of a fucking retail store?

The people beneath them who bitch about having to work and habor delusions of grandeur about how awesome their life will be.
>>
>>24516737
>He rides the bus

kek
>>
>>24516749
That question has been answered already in this thread. Your bosses have bosses. Get mad at them. Oh wait you won't. Also, you can clean shit up. You claim there's no work but there always is. You just don't want to do it. Show initiative.
>>
File: 1447977039588.png (293 KB, 605x593) Image search: [Google]
1447977039588.png
293 KB, 605x593
>>24516718
Why do you lie anon? You don't have to impress us, we're all anonymous here
>>
>>24516766
I like them, I live in quite a peaceful area so I can chill out after work, play some music in my earphones and watch the night city go by.

Also I did the maths and my student scam buscard is far cheaper then a car.
>>
ITT either some anon trolls the world, or some seriously mindkekd manager actually believes the bullshit he says
either way its funny
>>
>>24516589
More tough talk. What are you trying to prove here? Did your management position really get into your head that much?
>>
>>24516784
Well this is boring. You're not even trying to argue your point anymore. If you were going to give up there were more subtle ways to do it.
>>
>>24516748
How much better does it pay? If well I'd consider taking the job and then moving to a place closer to it. Statistically, people with longer commutes are far less satisfied with their jobs and more likely to suffer depression.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amymorin/2014/12/07/want-to-be-happier-change-your-commute-or-change-your-attitude/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/25/us-work-commuting-idUSTRE73O3GL20110425#hVfyegvXSUDYHPM6.97
http://www.medicaldaily.com/long-commute-work-leaves-little-time-find-satisfaction-life-313334
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/feb/12/how-does-commuting-affect-wellbeing
>>
>>24516776
Do you even know the definition of initiative?
>>
>>24516600
You would be no different if you succeeded. Dont sound bitter
>>
>>24516812
Stop waiting to be told what to do. Work. Don't just stand there.
>>
>>24516791
I honestly don't mind them either but feel embarrassed to be riding them. When my car broke down and I had to take the bus for a couple weeks I felt like everyone was judging me as being poor. I wish I could live in the city. I would get rid of my car and just walk and use the train.
>>
File: 1398477881592.jpg (42 KB, 394x458) Image search: [Google]
1398477881592.jpg
42 KB, 394x458
Yes, the workers are fighting themselves and keeping each other down. Good goyim.
>>
>>24516795
Either way you're obsessed and can't stop replying. This is the tenth time I've been told I'm a good troll too.
>>
>>24516450
Why would i care? I have no reason too. I wouldn't even stop someone if i saw them blatantly stealing. There is no benefit for me to do so.
>>
>>24516835
This is indeed a strange brand of retail feels. Don't think I've ever seen one where keks and managers have both been active. Funny how both groups hate retail but seem to hate each other just as much.
>>
>>24516776

I can feel your manager rumprage from here. pathetic.managers are spineless worms. caught between actually having some power/worth in their life and being a step away from homelessness just like the people they perceive themselves to be above.uncle toms the lot of them. disgusting.

you are a girl aren't you?
>>
>>24516645
Then why are you doing their ko instead of doing the proper thing and reporting it to upper manngement?
>>
File: wageslave.jpg (89 KB, 386x661) Image search: [Google]
wageslave.jpg
89 KB, 386x661
It gets better. R-r-right?
>>
File: 1400872585509.jpg (64 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1400872585509.jpg
64 KB, 624x480
>manages even managing to ruining everything they touch even outside work

I just wanted my comfy retail feels thread.
>>
>>24516824
I'd more go down the Buffett/Gates/Musk path these days. Granted 10 years ago I'd be saying fuck you got mine but my chick turned me on that.
>>
>>24516735
Not him but you got rekt so hard you had to resort to damage control on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>>24516861
Because it needs to get done. I'm not just going to leave shit there and go bitch to upper management. I shouldn't have to.
>>
>>24516885
I'm OP and I'm a manager. It wasn't supposed to be this way.
>>
>>24516746
>runs his own company
>$70k a year

You're embarrassing prople like us
>>
>>24516576
Thats good and all until they start beeping and I swear half of they time they do and some jackass comes sprinting at me.
>>
>>24516750
>delusions of grandeur
Thats the managers. Stop projecting
>>
File: 1441493824457.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1441493824457.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>he doesn't act super nice to his managers and offer to do stuff for them once in a while so he thinks you're a super hard worker
>and then take 2 hour lunch breaks and generally slack on when the manager isn't looking
>>
>>24516937
Depends on the manager. I don't think I'm better than my staff because I'm a manager. I just expect them to do their job. I don't see why or how that's a problem.
>>
>>24516825
>Management brainwashing response
>>
>>24516946
>Manager
>My staff are always super busy when I'm around and never stop moving, I don't even have to tell them to do anything
>Have to check the security footage to check up on stolen merchandise
>Fast forwarding through hours to get to spot
>Customers moving really quickly in and out of the store, lining up, etc
>Employees don't move from their spot behind the register for 5 hours

Haha I suspected as much and I guess I can't really blame them. At least they act busy when I'm around.
>>
> Manager is a hyperbitch who screams if we don't work our hardest every moment of a 10 hour shift
> Assistant Manager is basically a cakey hippie who knows we aren't stupid and get on with our tasks. Brings in cakes and muffins for the workers every once in a while.

Sometimes I feel like poisoning my boss just to have some peace and free food forever.
>>
File: 1337361085745.png (518 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1337361085745.png
518 KB, 700x800
>managers stand around talking most of then day
>then have the gall to moan at you for not doing a 4 hour task in 2 hours and moaning about your work performance.
>>
File: 1403554177153.jpg (70 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1403554177153.jpg
70 KB, 900x900
>every other manager in the store seems pretty alright
>you're in the department with the manager everyone hates
>>
Can I ask what wagekeks actually want or expect from a manager they would define as good?
>>
>>24516977
> Anon we need you to stack an entire fucking long-ass wall within the hour
> Manager goes off and talks with a customer/friend for like 30 fucking minutes
> Comes back
> WHY ISN'T THIS FINISHED ANON

are you for real
>>
File: 1401045844042.png (4 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1401045844042.png
4 KB, 493x402
I just don't want a manger who micromanages me with unfair expectations.

I also don't want to be given pointless tasks just because i'm at work so i have to be working all the time, even if there's nothing to do. If i've been breaking my back for 5 hours and got my task done a little early, why can't i just relax for 20 minutes? Instead of forcing me to do an unproductive task that does nothing just to keep me 'busy'.
>>
>>24517027
Literally ignore my existence unless I actively slack off
>>
>>24517055
>. If i've been breaking my back for 5 hours and got my task done a little early, why can't i just relax for 20 minutes? Instead of forcing me to do an unproductive task that does nothing just to keep me 'busy'.

For fuck's sake, retail is piss easy. Breaking your back? Try working as a tradesman or labourer and then talk about breaking your back and not getting some shelf stacked or something.
>>
>>24517027

stay the fuck out of my way and not be overbearing. actually help me out on hard task instead of sitting on your ass in the office. female managers are the worse because they literally sit in the office all damn day. every single male manager I've ever had has busted his ass. one of them even had a heart attack because he was working too hard.
>>
>>24517027
One that gives me an order and actually trusts me to do it instead of micromanaging me/looking over my shoulder every two minutes.

Managers that nitpick every fucking detail are the bain of the earth. Let me do my job, I don't tell you how to run this store twice every minute leave me alone.
>>
>>24517053
>anon why aren't you checking the entire wall for expiration dates, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes
>wall is roughly 1000 items
>start checking face items
>No no, anon, entire wall. Rotation might be messed up by customers
S-sure thing boss
>>
>>24517062
I have done heavy manual labor. Still makes no difference. The underlying point is the same. It might not be heavy manual labor, but it's still manual labor. It's not the work, it's the pace you're expected to do it at. Then even if i do get it done, by going super fast, my manager rewards me by doing busy work.
>>
File: 1435651353133.jpg (206 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435651353133.jpg
206 KB, 800x1200
Any recommendation for bottom of the barrel jobs like retail that might be better? Seems to mean retail is pretty much the best at the bottom, but i can always hope there is something slightly better out there.
>>
>>24517122
Retail manager, security guard, janitor
>>
File: 1366432821059.png (671 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
1366432821059.png
671 KB, 960x717
How long breaks do you guys get?

>only get half an hour on an 8 hour shift

What the hell m8, i've always got at least an hour in any other job i've done.
>>
>>24517132
at fedex you don't get a single break in a 4 hour shift.
>>
>>24517132
Work alone for 8 hours. Can't take breaks, don't get the chance.
>>
>>24515998
>working for 24 hours straight

where the fuck do you live nigga? how is this even legal/possible?
>>
>>24517146
You don't either at my place.
>>
> Searched at the end of every shift infront of all my fellow employees, at no point the search is defined as voluntary.

Surely this is fucking illegal.
>>
>>24517173
Fuck that. I don't get paid for my breaks anyway, so i just leave early if i don't get to take them. No way i'm

>doing it for free
>>
>>24516124
>Also at the end of every shift my locker, bag and pockets are checked for stolen items.

thats really bullshit
>>
>>24516167
>>sometimes the dead eyed cashier asks something like "found time off work?" or "uni break?"

people never ask me that, i would say thats none of their fucking business
>>
>>24516124
That's illegal for them to do, you know
>>
>>24516156
>just stop giving a fuck about what they think m8

This, best advice. I used to be so anxiety filled because i'd worry about every little thing, but i just don't give a fuck anymore. Not like they're going to fire you. I've never even known of anyone to get fired. You have to proper fuck up in some way to actually get fired. Let them rant and rave all they want, makes no difference.
>>
Guys I have received Neetbux for the past 5 years, i do nothing all day everydya

I wanna work but dont wanna make me to kill myself

What is a good job and how do I get it for someone like me? Preferably 30hours a week or so, not more
>>
>>24517132
12 hour shift with two 30 minute breaks, but god forbid I take more than 20, manager-kun might get pissy
>>24517177
see above, my usual shifts are 12hrs, but I sometimes take full day for certain reason. In this case, there's a new guy at work who needs to be taught so I'll be showing him around at night
>>
>>24517251
Obvious courier. Easiest job in a world but pays sometimes even below minwage
>>
>>24517251
Become a security guard. Depending on the site and company, you could easily snag a job where all you do is dick around on your phone or laptop.
>>
>>24517183
>Surely this is fucking illegal.

Read your employee contract. If there's anything there not specific cry discrimination, abuse or something and get a fat payout.
>>
>>24517146
so? 4 hours isnt that long, you dont need a break in a 4 hour shift
>>
>>24517220
>Just trying to be friendly to get through ths shit to the end of the day
>Make small talk with fat, smelly guy in my store, don't really give a fuck about his life
>Tells me to mind my own business

People like you are part of why the job sucks.
>>
>>24517278
i have been courier but i took fired myself because it was driving me mad I had 150 adresses a day in busy city

>>24517280
but you need education for that
>>
>>24517146
4 hours is a paid 15 minute break in Australia but it's 4 fucking hours. Just fucking get on with it. Harder to take a break and get back to work in that time frame.
>>
>>24517299
Wanna be friendly?

Say "that will be 16,99 please sir" and you've made my fucking day

and then I will say thank you you have a lovely shift too and we both part our ways

i dont give a fuck what you do in your life and you shouldnt care what i do in my life
>>
>>24517306
>but you need education for that

Yeah, that $400 weekend course would be pretty arduous.
>>
>>24517306
Nah, just a brief course and an exam in my state.
>>
>>24517314
I don't care. It's just chit chat. Normies expect it. I expect you to be normie and if you're not, I expect you to pretend you are. Not tell me to mind my own business whilst unsheathing your katana.
>>
>>24517320
>>24517325
oh here you need to go to school for a year or 3 or 4
>>
>>24517338
Jesus. Where are you from?
>>
>>24517346
obviously somewhere where no retards have positions where they have power over other people

i sure as fuck wouldnt trust myself as a security guard, being able to frisk people and get their id if I only have had some weekend course, kek

thats like asking for trouble and powerjunkies
>>
> Unwashed fatty in cargo shorts and a anime shirt walks up to my till with five bottles of 7Up
> Say hello kindly
> H-h-h-hello
> Whatever, scan his items and ask for the required money
> grabs out a bunch of fucking small change from his pocket, covered in some sort of sticky residue and bits of dust and fluff.
> he-he-here y-you go
> take it and put it in the till
> Say thanks and wish him a good day.
> y-you too
>>
File: larryfaint.gif (823 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
larryfaint.gif
823 KB, 200x200
>>24517338
>3-4 years
>to become a fucking security guard

What in the fuck? You could pursue a useful degree in that time.
>>
>>24517357
i just checked its 1 to 2 years, not 3 to 4

but it seems more than logical of you give someone a public function where they are in charge and have power over other people

how the fuck do you trust someone who only had a weekend course over your safety and let them look into your id and place you under arrest or anything?

that seems like the most retarded thing to do if everybody can be a cop you will have cop/securiuty guard abuse
>>
>>24517375
Sounds like security guards have different expectations placed on them where you're from. When I was working as one, I was not allowed to touch anybody, even if I saw them committing any sort of crime. Rather than actually protecting anyone, I was meant to give off the impression that the place I was working in was protected, if that makes sense.
>>
>>24517375
>how the fuck do you trust someone who only had a weekend course over your safety and let them look into your id and place you under arrest or anything?

You don't. They are there as a deterrent. When shit hits the fan, they are expected to call the police.
>>
>>24516071

Why do you choose to work so much? You're a silly person. I work 24 hours a week and it sucks ass. I'd think you enjoy work seeing how much you do it. I'm not even poor. I drink top shelf shit, I go through about 5 bottles a month currently. If it gets to be too much though I'll go down a shelf or cut back on drinking before working more.
>>
File: 1441674617287.png (853 KB, 638x703) Image search: [Google]
1441674617287.png
853 KB, 638x703
>customer has a overflowing cart
>pulls up to my till
>stacks the groceries on top of eachother so they fall over and land on the floor when the conveyor starts moving
>stops half way through the wares and says he forgot a thing
>runs back into the store while a long line is forming because of him
>doesn't come back until several minutes later, this time with his arms full of new groceries
>finally done and is about to pay
>oops, no cash
>oops, credit card fails
>so does debit
>"oh well, i'll just have to leave it here, cya"
>mfw the fucker left the till after packing over 9 plastic bags with wares he couldn't pay for
>>
>>24517409
>Security guard
>Cant touch other people

wat

yeah then it makes sense that you only have a weekend course, then what you do is sort oflike a calling the cops position if you see anything, not being the cop itself

>>24517424
oooh ok yeah i get it why its only a weekend course then

fuck i wish it was here so easy
>>
>>24517432
and how did the other people react to this?
>>
>>24515831
Try being a pharmacist where that is 100% part of your job and loads of old people come in to do just that.
>>
>>24517409
something something visual deterrence
>>
Not retail but:

>work as cnc machine operator / programmer
>get hired on eastern eu minimal wage, it's literally slave money
>8 months pass and I haven't ever got a raise
>learned most aspect of the job and the shit I need to know
>going to quit at the start of next year with a nother colleague of mine
>they have to find someone to do our job when we do 80% of the things

Fucking niggers couldn't even keep me there now with a proper raise. Why do bosses think that if they don't give something they will never get anything back.

He saved money on me but gonna lose a lot more when they have to hire two new idiots who will slow down the speed of production.
>>
>>24517459
Oh God, sick sob stories too. I've got 2 customers going through cancer and they always bring me down. I understand things are shit for you but why do I have to hear about it?
>>
File: ss+(2015-08-15+at+05.58.52).jpg (137 KB, 621x620) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-08-15+at+05.58.52).jpg
137 KB, 621x620
>>24517459
> Helping an very very old woman with her items
> She's literally too weak to hold the basket
> I offer to walk with her and choose what items she wants
> Comes up to alcohol section
> She wants a bottle of wine
> I show off our collection
> After some contemplation she just picks out the most expensive
> She says I'm going to be dead real soon so might as well enjoy myself while I can.
> mfw mortality hits me when I'm scanning her items and she begins to wheeze and cough.
>>
>>24516655

You poor thing, so wagekek'd you can only imagine working or shitposting on new years eve.
>>
>tfw just got offered a 12 month contract at work, 24 hours a week as a teacher aide (basically just explain to slow kids what the teacher means, plus other random duties)
>only been doing this job casually as call-in for 3 months, maybe 5-10 hours a week
>beat out 14 other candidates who have all been there between 3-10 years, all old cunts that are around retirement age, grumpy and gossipy bitches

Education has gotten funny. So many men were driven out by the pedo scare that now they desperately want young men because a lot of students react better to a male. The teachers love me because I get the students to work, unlike the old bitches who the kids don't give a fuck about. It's seriously bizarre.

Also a really easy job, government so good benefits, etc. After 7 years of shit jobs and unemployment I finally made it bros. Now to find a qt wife.
>>
>>24516658

Actually you are a slave. All your employees choose to work at your company and they're just as much a slave as you are. Learn basic definitions before shitposting plz. A wageslave is someone who works because they are stupid and ugly and don't have enough money that they never need to work again ever ever again in their whole life.
>>
>>24517556
>>24517502
That's my life family.

>hello mrs x. Lemme see the prescription. Hm, which one of these antidepressants is new?
>all of them.
>wait you didn't have it before?
>they wrote it at the hospital. I tried to kill myself
>...
>look *rolls up sleeve, shows foot long wound stitched up*
>can't come up with anything to say

>hello mr y
>hi. can I return medication?
>technically no, but what happened? Did we make a mistake?
>no, my mother died this morning. And she had a lot of medication.

>hello, miss z. How is little Billy?
>not good
>oh, no, I'm sorry. What's going on? Fever? Bronchitis?
>cancer.
>>
File: 1392344334434.jpg (66 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1392344334434.jpg
66 KB, 419x249
>mfw getting about 5 redcards this year
Every time the uppity new lods think they can motivate me to get more redcards, but eventually they learn that I don't give a shit about them. I'll still ask a few times a week for the fuck of it, but these old white people aren't signing up for shit from a big angry nigga
I need to switch to hardlines
>>
>>24516046
Good luck anon. I wish you the best.
>>
File: 1356457048643.png (252 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
1356457048643.png
252 KB, 500x342
>>24517651
>>24517556
I don't think I could handle doing that on a daily basis.
>>
>>24517651
they arent sad they are attentionwhores

1) mentioning what the anti depressants are for
2) saying she tried to kill herself
3) showing the scar

literally fuck her, she isnt planning on killing herself she just wants the attention
>>
>>24517687
It's one of the reasons I stopped. You get trained to be a medication expert but you never get any help with psychological things and here this is the main part of the job. You are both a physical and a mental health worker.
>>
>>24517709
Fuck off, cunt, ever heard of compassion? She was this old, nice lady that I kept seeing every week, of course she'd tell me.
>>
>tfw be assistant manager
>run the dry goods part of the store
>everyone at the store except one last old bitchy holdout is youngish and fun to work with
>we work together and cooperate all the time
>get good reviews from upstairs
>boss lets me run my own schedule since it's not time dependant to restock
>make approx. $28 an hour before taxes

Life could be worse
>>
File: 1444256234386.jpg (71 KB, 650x339) Image search: [Google]
1444256234386.jpg
71 KB, 650x339
HOPE YOU ENJOY HAVING YOUR SURPLUS VALUE EXPLOITED BY YOUR CHAD BOSS YOU FUCKING WAGIE
>>
>>24517752
what is compassion?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.