[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>filling out job applications >realize that I never get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: ...yep.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
...yep.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>filling out job applications
>realize that I never get hired or called in for an interview most of the time
>mfw I realize that I'm wasting my time
What's even the fucking point?
>>
>>24514790

Keep at it man you'll get there eventually.
I have a bachelors degree and It took me over 50 applications in a month.
Want tips or advice?
>>
you have to call the store youre applyung too, to tell them to look at your aplication.

thats what people tell me
>>
Searching for jobs has helped me get over rejection because every company that has actually responded to my job application has rejected me. Too bad I have no social life and never talk to single women because I work a shit part time job where every woman who works there has someone to love and I'm a fucking loser
>>
>wanting a job in the first place
>>
File: reeeeeee.png (221 KB, 554x388) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.png
221 KB, 554x388
>filling out job application
>list 2 references
>mfw no references
>>
>>24515813

no one checks that shit for entry level jobs. just put your father or mother's phone number, change their last name, and call them a professor.
>>
>mfw have an appointment in 2 hours with some official job helper
>mfw have to go because it's obligatory in Europe when you're a NEET
And here I was having fun working on a project for the past month. Fucking waste of time but I need my autism bux.
>>
File: 1445497950128.jpg (112 KB, 419x536) Image search: [Google]
1445497950128.jpg
112 KB, 419x536
>>24514790
tfw qualified
tfw have 6 or 7 great references
tfw good cv

tfw still not offered interviews (ive applied for over 200 in the past month)

tfw get emails from Akbar via Indeed that I would be perfect for his B2B Sales position, even though greatly stressing on online profiles that Cold Calling / Canvassing is bullshit and degrading.

Just kill me now to be honest family. Ive come to believe that the problem with Jobsearching in the UK is not down to there being no roles, is just the sheer incompetence of Employment Agencies who's underpaid staff dont even read 90% of CV's sent through.
>>
All Right Robots its education time.
I spent years at a retail store helping select who to interview and deciding who to hire.

1) Make a bitchin resume. Google how to make a resume or ask someone who has done it. It your resume isn't getting results its due for review.

Now with a nice resume, weather they're taking applications or not, go there in person.

Go there neatly dressed, shirt and tie even if its for Kmart, well ironed too. Ask to speak to the manager and wait. Introduce yourself say what your applying for and give them your resume.
90% of the time they will take it but say apply online, doesn't matter you will be remembered among the facesless online applications.

If your still failing after dozens of attempts at this, ask past rejectors what you did wrong.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.