[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not going to college. I'm not paying; I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: 1447795235577.jpg (524 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1447795235577.jpg
524 KB, 3072x2304
I'm not going to college. I'm not paying; I'm not going into debt to take precalculus. It is current year, I can learn calculus on the internet. Screw this system.
>>
good luck convincing your parents you are achieving anything.
>>
>>24514744
Have fun going literally nowhere in life.
>>
>>24514744
Elderfag here

I never went to college. Learned a trade skill via Internet tutorials. Now I own my own business doing said trade. Make more $ than most people I know. No debt.
>>
Debt is a rite of passage in The UNITED STATES OF AMERIGO!

No really. If you told me you were my age but not in student debt I would eventually ask you for everything. Like what detergent to use and how to cook pork butt I bought at the store.

Just go to college, do fuckall, and come back and live with your parents like the rest of us.

Also who is to say youll actually succeed studying on your own? Did you do well in high school? If not, how can you say so? And what are your career aspirations? STEM related? Then nigger what the fuck sre you thinking?
>>
>>24514795
I went to college I am very smart at math and physics can I have a job please
>>
>>24514744

If I were in your position that's what I'd do.

Don't go to college unless you have a clear and precise objective that college will bring you closer to. The worst thing you can do is start blowing thousands of dollars at the ripe age of 18 for no particular reason.
>>
>>24514744
i moved to a country where college is free! it's been a blast!
>>
>>24514811
>THE UNITED STATES OF AMERIGO

Might as well start calling it that, such a joke of a country this has become.
>>
>>24514918
That sounds like a better idea. Which country is it?
>>
>>24514744
My college friend is letting me borrow his business class books. Gotta start somewhere
>>
>>24514952
Germany...but there are many other options as well.
>>
>>24514744
>not getting free college
Commiefornia doesn't sound so bad anymore
>>
>>24514994
>but there are many other options as well.

Such as?
>>
>>24515305
literally any decent country that isn't United Shit of Ameridumb
>>
>>24515305
Tuition is cheap all around EU even for foreigners. Some countries even offer it for free.
>>
File: le year man.jpg (82 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
le year man.jpg
82 KB, 763x652
>>24514744
>It is current year
John Oliver really got lazy with his outlandish liberalism.
>>
>>24514777
>he measures success and happiness off of how good of a little goyim he is

what a waste of a jackpot tbqhwy
>>
You could learn a trade, more people should. Not everybody needs to get a degree and a shit ton of debt.

Welding program is usually a year long and welders can make great money.
Im going to take a mechanics course soon. Job prospects and salary look good in my area, in fact most of the employers seem desperate.
>>
>>24514744
I did the same. Except I knew I was gonna get dismissed for poor performance at the end of the semester anyway. Quit in August and still haven't told anyone. I think I'm gonna do some semiskilled BS on the internet and move out to the desert where everything is cheap. I'll be middle class among desert people. Not like I leave my room anyway. I think it'll be comfy.
>>
>>24517964
so true

manufacturing

hvac technician

electrician

all can be learned in about a year at city college
>>
I need to read this thread but I have to go so I'm bumping it so I can read it later before it archives and I can't comment anymore thanks keks
>>
>>24517964
Yup, do that for long enough to save up to start your own business and you're golden.
>>
>>24517964
Yeah, more people need to destroy their bodies working with idiots
>>
Good call, OP.

College was the biggest mistake I ever made. Just remember that it isn't about learning, it's about credentialing.

Can't wait to see the college system in the US collapse.
>>
thats what you get for being born into a species that puts a price on knowledge
>>
>>24514795
I literally invented my trade and now I'm a billionaire. I didn't need to go to college to learn 'my trade' at all.

All I need to do today is just post on 4chan I'm so successful doing my trade.
>>
>>24521066
You need to ruin your lungs being a welder so that mr dolerydoo can make money off of your back
>>
>>24521543
so transparent

are you even trying?
>>
>>24521564
The other guys' statement was so goddamn vague it had absolutely no point.
>>
>>24514744
>thinking you go to college just to learn something
There's a lot more to it than just doing math. You go to college to lay the foundation of your career. You talk to people in your respective field, you develop valuable social skills, you make efforts to get to the job you spend years trying to get.
>>
>>24517964
Oh shit man, yeah I think I'd be better off with a trade, what would you reccomend,,besides welding and mechanic? I heard that there's a trade of repairing medical equipment that pays a shit ton
>>
>>24514762

why is the most important thing convincing your parents

whoops I think you projected teehee keep your mouth a little tighter next time
>>
I'm a woman and I don't care if my future husband has gone to college as long as he makes decent money inb4 gold digger.
>>
How are you going to prove to employers that you have the qualifications?

If you don't have a certificate they throw out your resume.
>>
>>24521607
this.

going to uni and getting that piece of paper shows potential employers and peers that you know more than the basics of your job, you can work with others and you have the ability to follow through.
>>
>>24514898
This guy gets it. I'm about to fail out of school and be in tons of debt. It was the worst decision I ever made.
>>
>>24521264
>Can't wait to see the college system in the US collapse

I'd love to see this too, but these schools have an important social function and quite a bit of influence. Our leaders wouldn't let them fail; Harvard has an endowment of 36 million.
>>
>>24523468
* billion
>>
Is Sagat gay for Ryu?
>>
>>24517873
you spotted the meme, sharp eyes my friend
>>
Hey guys im playing college degree roulette right now.

Reply to this post with a college degree and im going to take it and finish it. i am dead serious.

Please choose a degree for me robots.
>>
>>24523674
Art degree
>>
>>24523674
Computer Science

Don't forget to move to silicon valley after you finish
>>
>>24523674
electrical engineering
you can do it f@m
>>
>>24514744
Good decision. College is a scam. Learn a trade and just live a happy life.
>>
>>24514996
>california
>free college

Had a nice and hearty kek. Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 894x894
>never went to college
>still got handy with computers and programming
>get hired for IT
>get paid $5k a month
>mfw
>>
>>24523197
Join army 68a as a biomedical equipment tech for that
>>
>>24523674
Medical Laboratory Science
>>
>>24523674
Lgbt studies
>>
>>24523674
African-american womyn's studies
>>
>>24514996
>California
>Free College
Only if you're a black transgender holocaust survivor slave descendant in low income housing with no parents
>>
>daddy pays my tuition

who else /rich/ here?
>>
>>24525087
>this tbqh ililil
>>
>>24525087
Yep. Get to go to prestigious college debt free and fuck around since I'm only doing it for the experience and don't actually give a shit since I have daddy's company lined up for me.

Been great so far. Best year of my life so far.
>>
>>24514744
just have your parents pay for uni
>>
Daily reminder that if you don't go to college you are literally a slave.
>>
college is free here, that's why i feel extra bad when i slack off
>>
>>24517964
That's what I'm doing, I'm starting a welding program in January. I had enough scholarships to avoid getting too bad of a debt if I had gone to college but I'd rather kill myself than spend 4 more years in any kind of academic setting desu senpai
>>
>>24526361
> implying getting yourself in 6 figure debt for the slim chance of getting a job that'll allow you to pay it off eventually isn't making you into a literal slave to your debt

Reminder that student loan debt won't go away even if you file for bankruptcy
>>
>all these trade keks
>>
>>24517873
le time-tellington slimey limey
>I mean, COME ON
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.