[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
warlords of draenor is 75% off, really thinking of getting back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: WoD-US-NormalBoxArt.jpg (475 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
WoD-US-NormalBoxArt.jpg
475 KB, 1060x1500
warlords of draenor is 75% off, really thinking of getting back into wow because of this. any robots played the expansion can tell me if it's worth it?

>inb4 /v/
if you didn't waste your teenage years being a shut in playing world of warcraft instead of making friends and losing your virginity you aren't a true robot
>>
no it's not worth it and legion is even worse with more ability pruning. there is no realm identity anymore and people are anti-social as ever in game.
>>
>>24513826
if you've literally never played WoW before, this is the best time to play it

if you've ever played WoW before, this is a trashy downgrade of the game you used to play combined with a facebook game and waiting for queues
get it if you have time to kill and money to burn, but don't expect to enjoy it
>>
Don't. I've fallen back into every expansion and this one couldn't keep me interested for a month. It's absolute shit and finally convinced me that WoW needs to be killed.
>>
>still playing metzencraft
>>
it's just ok the landscape is amazing though pretty hard raids
>>
>>24514106
I feel like it started going downhill around cataclysm...all the cross realm shit. Then mists of "pandaria" came out and I was convinced it was all over...I mean the damn pandas had almost nothing to do with original warcraft lore and boom giant expansion.
>>
>>24514132
i spent my entire teenage life playing wow from vanilla through to pandas. it's like it's become a part of my very existence
>>
>>24514147
Draeni were even more ridiculous than pandas and you seem to have forgotten how upset people were when Blizzard retconned them into BC
>>
avoid pvp if live in europe i hear there is rampant botting and fly hacking
>>
>>24513826
People are even bigger cunts than before. Everything except mythic raids can be pugged. PvP is kill.

It's sort of ok if you either enjoy playing alone or have a good guild.
>>
>>24513826

Play on private vanilla servers, Anon. There is one out right now that is incredible, and is run by a fantastic staff. Do some research, find the right private server, and come on back to 2004 with us. The game never died.
>>
I snorted so many bathsalts playing through wotlk and bc , that i am now basically emotionally dead. WOD is not a bad game by any means , All that i enjoyed gameplay wise has been phased out.
>>
I play it and would not recommend someone coming back to WoD
just nothing to do, unless you haven't played since like wotlk
>>
>>24514188
at least we got decent hentai out of fem draenei
>>
Story-wise, you may find it enjoyable. Watch the cutscenes instead.

Gameplay-wise - They continue to dumb down every class and spec, and they have continued to take away most things that make specific classes/specs unique. Most classes are limited to even less complex rotations/priorities.

The garrisons made everything seem like a ghost town sadly. Not many are in the big cities anymore, unless you are on a very populated server, as most people are fucking around in their own garrison. This was probably the nail in the coffin for me. There's less and less interaction with other players, as everyone is self sufficient now or can pug for limited exposure to raids/pvp. There is no sense of realm/community and most classes feel the same now.

Only reason to play it is if you knew multiple people who play it. Community felt like it was dying off due to the aging game.
>>
so boring now esp after all the spell prunes and little content this xpac
I play like 1/5 of what I used to compared to other xpacs
>>
>>24513826
I miss wow but my CPU won't connect to any monitor what do
>>
>>24513826
If you played Cataclysm during the troll patch or Dragon Soul, WoD was basically that as an entire expansion, with the worst and most crippling feature the game has made - garrisons. If you thought LFR was a retard move, I suggest you stay away from this expansion because that's what the whole thing feels like.
>>
File: WoW.png (54 KB, 900x285) Image search: [Google]
WoW.png
54 KB, 900x285
>>24514106
>that feel is too painful
>>
>>24513826
If you're just interested in a casual play through then go for it. The leveling is probably the best its ever been, and the raids are pretty well done. The game has gone to shit in every other conceivable way.
>>
>>24514469
>garrisons
Holy fuck I just skimmed through a youtube video covering this. I think WoW transformed into a facebook farm simulator lol.

I really hope the devs get cancer and this game can finally die out.
>>
>>24514629
I haven't played in a while, people say the garrison shit matters less now, but that doesn't change the fact that it destroyed everything in the game by simply existing. It was a lot worse than it appears, especially in the first few months.
>>
>>24514692
I didn't even bother making 2 levels when I joined back in with mist of pandaria.

It's sad to see this game devolve into this pile of trash, but I guess I have to let go.
>>
>>24513826
if you're feeling nostalgic I would try a bc or wotlk private server like Lordaeron.

The current game is casual bait. Buy if you like the garrison mini-game, class homogenization, dungeons you can clear in a few pulls, and twitter integration.
>>
>playing modern WoW
Disgusting. Don't trick people into doing that.
>>
what's the appeal of this shit game?
>>
>>24513826
play final fantasy 14 instead familia
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.