[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What food do you eat? what kind of microwavable meals/oven shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Ham.jpg (12 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
Ham.jpg
12 KB, 259x195
What food do you eat? what kind of microwavable meals/oven shit do you buy?
>>
When I try to eat well I do grilled chicken breast and baked beans. Its got your protein, your fibre, your minerals, everything you need.

For lazy days I do campbells chunky soup. Its a little bland and loaded with salt, but at least the meat and vegetables are real.
>>
A lot of sandwiches, some frozen stuff when I'm feeling lazy, once in a while I'll do some "real" cooking and make spaghetti or chili or soup or shit like that. I'm a half decent cook, I'm just lazy and depressed, so I usually default to what's simple.

I don't actually eat tendies often, but tomorrow I'm planning on having Banquet chicken strips and frozen french fries with fry sauce.

On a semi related note, I was helping my mom prepare stuff for Thanksgiving dinner, and she referred to vegetables we were cooking as roasties. I had to restrain a smile.
>>
I'm disappointed this thread isn't going anywhere.
>>
File: 1305080911171_P4hvpQ4.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1305080911171_P4hvpQ4.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>24513450
I'm poor as fuck so this is one of only options. I like the beef flavored ones.
>>
I eat one meal a day, usually cookout BBQ sandwich around 2am
>>
>>24514834
Does this mean you cook the BBQ yourself?
>>24514821
Rice and beans are cheaper. Potatoes are also cheap as fuck.
>>
>>24514936
No, cookout is a shitty fast food chain in the American south.
>cook
Lmao tbqh
>>
Hungry Man tv dinners are great, same with Banquet desu

I'm almost 200lbs but whatever, all i need is vidya
>>
tomato soup if im feelin lazy
tomato soup with grilled cheese if not
>>
File: freezerfud.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
freezerfud.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
For all my poor ausfags here I recommend this and the Coles shepard pie. At $3.70 you can't do better. Woolies ones are shit.
>>
The laziest thing i cook is noodles.
I sometimes season a chicken breast, then grill it and slice it to use in a sandwiche.
Spaghetti and vietnamese curry are other things that i can but rarely make.
>>
>>24513450
just bought a bag of frozen bapaos for microwave

fucking god tier food
>>
File: bapao.jpg (196 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
bapao.jpg
196 KB, 1600x1067
>>24515038
forgot pic

fuck you robot i dont give a shit
>>
I make a lot of soups because I buy giant bags of vegetables.
>>
lean quizine because im cutting because got put on fucking antipsychotics and they made me gain like 100 lbs
>>
>>24515046
No one cares that you're a fucking gook who smells like feet and piss
>>
>>24514821

These are expensive though they have solid chunks of veggies. The ramen noodles are like 20 to 30 cents a pack though.
>>
File: 1399318656593.png (17 KB, 300x125) Image search: [Google]
1399318656593.png
17 KB, 300x125
Hot Pockets, Banquet TV dinners, Cap'n Crunch.
>>
>>24514990
I've literally never had a Hungry Man. What would you recommend trying for the first time?

I plan on being shitfaced of course.
>>
>>24515009
will try, thanks ausfag
>>
i cook recipes i find online, though sometimes ill just do easy meals like broc and chicken. if im super lazy ill just have a sandwich, some soup or maybe frank and beans
>>
>>24513450
I like to cook all kinds of shit. It can be pretty fun, and really isn't that hard. Most combinations of Protein, Carb, and Veggies, cooked in some non-retarded way, taste pretty decent.
>>
>>24515254
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/
>>
>>24514821
>buy instant noodles
>cut up some carrots and green onions
>dump them in along with some pepper

easy meal. costs less than $1. doesn't taste like shit
>>
>>24515377
>those thick as fuck veges ruining my ramen?
>>
>>24515377
Crack two eggs into the pot when you put in the noodles and only use half the flavor packet and it's actually a decently healthy meal too
>>
>>24515393
>implying i was replying to that specific ramen instead of instant ramen in general

pleb, go back to your tasteless hole and rot in it
>>
>>24515376
Holy shit, that's pretty impressive.
>>
Does anyone here actually cook? I don't usually, but I do sometimes. I like making a beef-potato-cabbage soup with other vegetables.
>>
>>24515408
So cook the eggs in the microwave? That doesn't sound very good

>>24515442
I make some good mashed potatoes and garlic shrimp, but that's all I can make
>>
>>24515442
That's some good shit. I prefer rice over potatoes though, but that's just because I'd rather deal with cooking the rice than chopping potatoes. Plus you can buy rice in like 20lb industrial bags and not have to worry about storing it properly
>>
>>24515464
Nah it only works if you're making the brick Ramen where you boil water in a pot then throw the brick in. Those are usually a bit cheaper too.
>>
>>24515489
That sounds pretty bland and starchy to be honest
>>
>>24515523
But I make the brick ramen and I just pour water into a bowl and microwave it with the brick instead of boiling it. Could I do the same thing with the eggs?
>>
>>24515552
Get an electric kettle, it makes ramen easy as fuck
>>
>>24515489
I just finished a bag of rice I bought like 6 months ago and I never want to eat rice ever again
>>
>>24515569
Why would I spend money on that when I have a microwave to make ramen for me? If I can just cook an egg in there, it'd make it that much better
>>
>>24515552
>>24515569
This guy is right. You definitely don't wanna microwave your eggs. The point is that you're putting your raw eggs into the boiling water, which makes them cook. If you've ever had egg drop soup, that's the concept you're going for. Except it's got noodles and veggies so it can kinda pass as a decent meal on its own
>>
My favorite food to cook is asparagus and I love coke flavored slurpies, I eat like a meal a day and unsurprisingly I'm like 140lbs 6"
>>
>>24515607
Might be
I just cook the egg and noodles in a small pot
>Heat up water until it boils
>Crack open an egg
>Put in noodles
>Whatever ritual/preference in cooking noodles here
>Eat it
easy as fuck desu senpai
>>
File: 1333150094951.jpg (162 KB, 589x564) Image search: [Google]
1333150094951.jpg
162 KB, 589x564
>>24515605

>not buying decent quality extra long grain rice
>not adding wild rice to your regular white rice occasionally
>not having a rice cooker
>>
i like Marie Callendars frozen meals........especially the slow-roasted beef.

tasty.
>>
>>24513450
I roasted a chicken yesterday in my slow cooker while I was at work. It was stupid easy and incredibly delicious.

Just need a crock pot big enough for a 4-6 pound bird.

Rub it with some spices (look up a recipe for whatever you like, or used storebought shit,)
Stuff half an onion and half a lemon up it's ass.
Place breast-side down in crock pot.
Put on low heat and let it go for 8-9 hours.

Thing was so tender it literally fell apart as I was trying to take it out of the pot.

As an added bonus, separate all tge meat and toss the bones and skin back into the pot with all the juices in there, top off with water and a bit of extra salt and leave it on low for another day or two. Home-made chicken broth.
>>
>>24513450
I survive mainly on noodles, dumplings and rice (I'm not a weeb 'm just poor)
>>
>>24517050
>rice cooker

i bet you love cheeseslicers too
>>
>>24513450
Make my own food. Eat vegan shit.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.