[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emotional Detachment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1441233039150s.jpg (5 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
1441233039150s.jpg
5 KB, 250x230
I can't form an emotional connection with anybody. Is anyone else here emotionally detached?
>>
Me, I think. I can still get emotionally dependent on someone, tho.
>>
I don't know. I can be emotional sometimes, but it stays in my inner dialog. I used to resent people a lot but my anger just died one day
>>
>>24509839
I'm emotionally dependent on my tutor. I see people my age dating and everything but I don't understand it at all, to be that connected to someone.
>>
why'd popo have to leave?
>>
File: 1445301762802.jpg (47 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1445301762802.jpg
47 KB, 500x419
The only real emotions I feel are negative. All the positive emotions I used to feel don't feel as substantial anymore
>>
>>24509893
I forgot to say this, music (and very, VERY rarely fiction) is the only thing that can get me emotional. But I'm usually deadpan regarding everything else
>>
>>24509895
Maybe we're simply overestimating what it is to feel connected to somebody because we've never been in a relationship.
>>
Is there any cure for emotional detachment? Medication, something? I don't know how much more I can take. I want to feel something positive again.
>>
>>24509965
I feel nothing for the people I interact with. That can't be normal
>>
Same here.

It honestly scares me how little I care about my family. I guess I love them technically, but I hardly interact with them and when I do everything feels forced.

Used to be on a rugby team but I was a horrible team player because I could not bond with them at all. The few friendships I've had were short lived and always felt forced as well. I have a "best friend" who seems to care a lot more about me than I do about him.

Got no idea how to fix this shit. I feel so alone yet trying to form connections is so tiresome. I think it's some form of narcissism but giving it a name doesn't really do anything but give me pseudo intellectual justification for being this way.
>>
>>24510031
Why should you feel connected to most people you interact with? Do you at least feel varying degrees of 'connectedness', depending if it's your mother or just an acquaintance?
>>
>>24509987
MDMA (or any empathogen) and LSD (or any psychedelic).
>>
>>24509452
Here. I fake it until I make it, but when it comes down to it, people can see through my facade. It's one of the major reasons I can't be in a relationship.
>>
>>24510135
The person I'm somewhat emotionally connected to is an older girl I know. I am fond of her but my preoccupation with her doesn't incite any positive emotions. I'm probably nothing for her. She seems like the kind of girl r9k would fawn over, hates sluts, hates chads, is modest. Still I wonder if she's only like that on the surface, maybe she's like all the others. I resent her for it, it doesn't make any sense, I know. I haven't felt like I loved someone in over a year.
>>
>>24510147
Does that actually work? Could I psychiatrist prescribe any drugs or would they lock me up?
>>
>>24510411
The psych wouldnt get you those. He would probably get you ssri, snri, benzos and/or antipsychotics.

Just get similar non scheduled research chemicals """not""" for human consumption like 1P-LSD and MDAI.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.