[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone recommend me a movie that doesn't have a plot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: stupidsonofabeeeeeeeech.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
stupidsonofabeeeeeeeech.gif
1 MB, 371x209
Can someone recommend me a movie that doesn't have a plot theme with core female influence.

I'm not a misogynist. It just makes me inexplicably uncomfortable. I've had backlog i've been watching that made me turn stuff off completely if too much relationshit themes are interweaved.

I've been blowing through good shit, random shit.

>John Wick
>Jack Reacher
>Rounders
>Looper

Movies without a love interest that set stakes in the film
I tried watching "The Equalizer" and "The Double"

And my autism won't let me stop taking breaks when it gets too uncomfortable. I just want a nice stable movie.

I'm beggin here.
>>
Brokeback Mountain. It's all about men mate. All about men. Nothing manlier than two men.
>>
>>24509419
Watch My Dinner with Andre
>>
>>24509419
i stand alone

all robots should watch it.
>>
File: screaming.png (608 KB, 360x432) Image search: [Google]
screaming.png
608 KB, 360x432
>>24509447
You really think you're funny don't you.
>>
>>24509517
Ahah! Gotcha! It was a joke! hahahahahahaha.
>>
>>24509504
>i stand alone
>>24509482
>My Dinner with Andre

How can I trust you aren't trying to meme me like that other guy? Are these some really complicated ritzy french arthouse films or something?
>>
>>24509549
i stand alone is not an art house movie, it's just an indie movie

it's extremely nihilistic.
>>
>>24509419
Lord of the Flies.
>>
>>24509419
First Men in the Moon
>>
>>24509419
I thought I was the only one. I hate it so much man.
Even John Wick had themes of relationship. I'm not a misogynist either necessarily, it just reminds me that I'm pathetic to see people in love or kissing.
Can't even fucking get past the opening scene in the original Total Recall which sucks because I really, REALLY want to see that shit man.
It's getting worse the other night I stopped watching how high because they were about to fuck those white chicks and then I even had to stop listening to standup because I knew sex would be discussed next.
Avoiding this discomfort is most certainly worse for my sexuality than just meeting it head on but... I really genuinely don't like how it makes me feel
>>
>>24509419
I'd say the Prestige is a good one. There's a female role but it's not core.
>>
>>24509447
I saw that it does have women woven into the plot... umm its why jake gylhall dies. The tent parts the best
>>
>>24509634
>>24509419

Feel with me bros, I truly thought I was some pathetic nut job for feeling this too. Good to know there's other pathetic sack's of shit's like me.
>>
>>24509579
>it's extremely nihilistic.
What makes you think I need that right now man? I don't want to just, zone out to some film with a deep agenda. I just want to watch a movie man. A movie to soothe my stupid human brain.

>>24509609
Seen it

>>24509634
I could stomach John Wick because his wife was already dead. Jack Reacher was close but he was a drifter and didn't really give a shit if the gone girl chick got iced, or just let on that's how he felt.

Looper almost broke protocol.

Rounders his roomie left him when he returned to his passion.

Just intimate conversation with females in the movie becomes unbearable for me to watch, I have to pause it for 5 mins for the discomfort to subside and then jump back into it. I'm sick of it. There are too many personal reasons preventing me from ingesting the movie and immersing myself in the story if the themes aren't something I connect with.

>>24509676
>pathetic sack's of shit's
Being uncomfortable by sexual themes does not make you nor I sacks of shit. Don't you ever say that.

Don't buy in to believing you're worthless because you cannot be sold by sex. Don't ever believe that.

>>24509647
I'll try that.
>>
>>24509676
No, you're not the only one. It really bothers me in music as well, if you listen to the lyrics it's almost as if people have nothing else to talk about besides relationships. It's a weird obsession normies have.
>>
>>24509755
>What makes you think I need that right now man? I don't want to just, zone out to some film with a deep agenda. I just want to watch a movie man. A movie to soothe my stupid human brain.

ok just watch the good the bad and the ugly or lawrence of arabia

those are "man" movies. neither of them has a female lead or a female supporting character.
>>
withnail and I

don't think there's a female character in the entire movie
>>
>Ghost in the Shell. Sure, Motoko is visually depicted as female, and it's a sort of love story - but Motoko is clearly asexual.
>The Truman Show. It has two major female characters and a love aspect - but these are really symbolic. The wife is seen as representative of the manipulation and lies in his life, the one person he's supposed to be able to trust is keking him. The "true" love interest only ends up representing the desire for something authentic and true, and the final scenes show her excitement at Truman deciding on truth over lies, not on some lovy bullshit.
>Being There. There are love aspects, but the focus is on the character of Chance himself and how people in general and society react to him.

Couple more:

>Chariots of Fire.
>A Serious Man.
>The Straight Story.
>The Visual Bible - The Gospel of John (starring Desmond from LOST)
>>
>>24509755
>Don't buy in to believing you're worthless because you cannot be sold by sex. Don't ever believe that.

Do you not realize you're on r9k friend? Enough with this confidence. Only pathetic omega pantywaste's get bothered by something like this, only because we could never fulfill such a basic human requirement.

Why can't I just die in some freak accident already.
>>
>>24509780
Songs are rarely ever about anything else than relationshit.

Listening to top 40 songs
>You cheated wahh
>I want them but I can't waahh
>I'm tired of this thing I want another thing waah
>I like fucking this person in this metaphorical symbollic way

Is it really autism to be able to spot this shit everywhere? It doesn't apply to me and never has, I feel like a fucking alien, none of this is meant for me and I have to fight the urge to feel malice over it. I shouldn't so I don't, but it doesn't stop me from thinking about it.

>>24509792
>the good the bad and the ugly
Seen it, one of my favorites. Great example thanks.
Eastwood movies are my fucking pride. I've seen that and just about all the other good westerns. I'll shoot a film back to you.

Watch 'The Good the Bad and the Weird'
I'll add Lawrence of Arabia to the list, always heard good things about it.

>>24509848
>Ghost in the Shell.
I never watch animes with excessive fan service for the same reason. I remember it as a kid from the old Toonami line up but never got into it.
Seen the Truman Show.

"Being There"?

>>24509874
I'm on /r9k/ same as you. We may have different reasons, different psychosis and issues. But I know myself.
Objectively, maybe not. But I can try.

I've never had a girlfriend or anything intimate in my life because something never clicked in my head to try. Ever.

Hell, Maybe it's just convenient because I couldn't even if I wanted to. But I sure as hell am never going to try just because society pressures me to, or at the very least ruin someone's live in an attempt to prove something to myself for nothing.
Maybe i'm a delusional narcissist if I were to assume everytime a female approached me without me eliciting it was a chance they were interested. And my autist brain never developed an urge to seek relationships. But the shit makes me uncomfortable now, being an adult with the sense and intuition people expect me to have formed SOMETHING by now, even a fucking crush.
>>
I've collected about 128 of the best music videos I've been able to find. The one thing that really strikes me is that the best ones (and my opinion on what's best is very often backed up by the popularity of the videos among those who have seen them) often tend to focus on more philosophical themes or are about 'ideas' in some sense, a few are about relationships - but even then there's often something else about the video that makes it good.

Same thing with film. A good film is defined by masculine energy, especially when that energy is focused on things that DON'T involve just women.
>>
>>24510090
Don't you get that crippling loneliness atleast? I'm a hermit and desu I like it that way, I don't like people. But not experiencing all this just makes me feel worthless, empty and lonely.
>>
>>24510090
>I'll add Lawrence of Arabia to the list, always heard good things about it.

dude

go watch that movie right now. watch it on the biggest television you can find.

if the good the bad and the ugly is a 10/10 movie, lawrence of arabia is a 15/10
>>
File: JUST.jpg (48 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
48 KB, 460x276
In Bruges

Is my only recommendation, I love that film. Colin Farrel is pretty good in it as well
>>
Joe
My Own Private Idaho
Seven Psychopaths
>>
>>24510090
-cont
>>24509874
And when I say objectively, I mean the facts an idiot could put together, without my opinion.
>>24510129
I'll lay out my cards before I answer that.

With all the devil's advocate, doublethinking and cognitive dissonance in mind. I could never know for sure. All the snowflake syndrome in the world couldn't grant me a straight answer to that question.

I'm not sure if I was broken to begin with and isolated myself purposefully early on to compensate, or if I were truly unable to understand and relate to people. Maybe even if I wanted to joke that I were here for my own regard. It comes back to
>Maybe it's just convenient because I couldn't even if I wanted to.
Nothing is a coincidence. Crucify me if you want but you asked me a question, and I'm going to answer it.

You asked me if I get crippling loneliness? Maybe I do. But maybe like any other machine or human body it seeked out to relieve it in anyway it could, By convincing me that I wasn't lonely at all.

There's a psychosis I think for that. To allevate mental illness by convincing yourself you don't have it. Automatic denial and you're none the wiser.

I've had my life handed to me (until recent) on a silver platter. But i've never really had anyone that understood me, not on a dime at every turn. Though that's too much to ask for really. I'd think if you met someone too much like yourself you'd grow to hate them. But i've never had a person I've felt comfortable with. Not in my entire life. So maybe by definition, I am lonely.

Do I feel lonely?
I'm not sure. I think my brain somehow scrambles my ability to comprehend what it is, else i'd have had a mental breakdown lest it be all I feel.

>>24510317
>Seven Psychopaths
Good movie.

Joe came up in a netflix top 20 I was thinking about it.
>>
File: kaz zshit.jpg (29 KB, 535x544) Image search: [Google]
kaz zshit.jpg
29 KB, 535x544
>>24510334
-cont
>>24510129
Just fucking writing that made me look at it from the point of view of another.

Like i'm in a gas station bathroom screaming into a fucking mirror
>I AM NOT UPSET

i'm not sure if i'm trying to convince you or me but it's making me feel something words can't describe.
I don't know if i'm lonely, what do lonely people do? Give me proof. Why did you ask me this? All I wanted to do was watch movies while I ruined my life and you do this to me. I feel like a fucking machine fed a paradox. The question keeps looping over and over and over again in my thoughts.

And it reminds me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xUpywZFsZg

Do you really not know if you have a mental illness? Crazy people really don't know they're crazy do they? it isn't a fucking myth is it.

Like seeing a color that others don't? Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>24510551
Chill man. Drugs help. Getting lost on the world of mushrooms, ketamine, and MXE makes me forget that this banal reality even exists.
>>
>>24510193

will second this. fantastic film. can be found on jewflix. recommended to all robots.
>>
>>24510776
Drugs cost money, I'll stick with movies to occupy my time but i'll run out of those too eventually.
>>
>>24509419

>>24509419

Dredd is a good flick. While it does have a female costar and antagonist, romance is definitely not a plot factor. Dredd is not a character that hesitates to lay the smack down on a woman.

Try some war movies. The HBO miniseries Band of Brothers was pretty good and if there was any relationshit stuff, it was minor enough that I don't even recall it. Probably just typical "I miss her OH FUCK WE'RE BEING SHELLED" moments.

War films in general are pretty safe bets. Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, Firebase Gloria, Das Boot, Hunt for Red October should all fill your requirements. Any female presence is just there as decoration, and several films are completely devoid of the vaginal jew.
>>
>>24509504
This.
Seul contre tous.
>>
>>24511039
>Dredd
Seen that.
>War films in general are pretty safe bets
yeah that seems like a good call, Hurt Locker was an interesting watch.
>>
A Man Escaped
>>
File: 1446433359582.jpg (33 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
1446433359582.jpg
33 KB, 332x500
>>24509419
Some good nightcore
>Taxi Driver
>Nightcrawler
>Drive
>Bladerunner
These fit your criteria
>>
>>24512840
>>Drive
Been thinking about those.
You sure nightcrawler is safe?
>>
File: 1427916991172.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1427916991172.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>24512910
Nightcrawler has a strong female character that plays a role but in the end Jake Gyllenhaal's character is completely self-interested so nothing comes of it.
>>
>>24512840
Isn't bladerunner like partially about deckard falling in love with rachel. I mean yeah shes a robot but still.
>>
>>24512910
>>24513117
The main character essentially makes the strong female character his bitch.
>>
Chicago is a movie about women but there's no love sub plot. There's technically a love interest but he dies immediately.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.