[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I really invest my time into Video Games, Anime, Music and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
So I really invest my time into Video Games, Anime, Music and Technology/Computing. The thing I don't understand about normies though, is that most stuff they are insterested in, they seem to be only into them super casually. Like most people I meet will watch some super mainstream TV shows, have only watched like 3 entry level anime, only play sports games/call of duty, and listen to random top 40 singles instead of immersing themselves deeply into music by listening to albums and such. And it's pretty much shown to be that way since only 3 songs from a particular mainstream artist get hundreds of millions of views on youtube for example. So what the fuck do normies do in all of their spare time? They mainly just post stuff on their facebooks/twitters about their families and relationships and have some generic picture of mountains as their cover, they are so oblivious about everything and lack any sort of interest when I strike a conversation with them about many things beyond the bare basics of those subbjects. Am I hanging with the wrong people? Or is this how people are generally like?
>>
>>24509141
I know exactly what you mean. I think it's probably because they are kept very busy with their actual lives (career, school, social life) which doesn't leave them much energy or time for hobbies.
>>
Normal people don't have hobbies. They have interests.
>>
>>24509355
The interesting part is that my counselor I meet up every other week is married, works full time in the mental health clinic, and is really into video games and Anime. He dedicates a couple hours on both interests per day on weekdays. I guess having no kids helps, and the fact that he's been really passionate and into niche games and anime since he was young.

The thing that's weird is that the very few people I know that are really into certain hobbies and have no social life still have at least 100-200 friends on facebook. Others tell me that they add people on facebook they only talked to once, but when I did that with class mates in high school I only talked to for a little bit, almost all of them reject my friend requests. I have only about 30 friends on Facebook right now, I did have about 200 from my old school but I had to clean up. When I went to a public HS, others would either reject or even report me for sending requests to people I don't know.
>>
File: opokay.jpg (124 KB, 400x425) Image search: [Google]
opokay.jpg
124 KB, 400x425
>>24509141
youre hanging out with the wrong people, id like to propose a defining factor amongst normies. Those able to form opinions and those that do not. You need to surround yourself with people that are willing to play the devils advocate and incite healthy conversation and hearty arguments. I too am sickenend by the amount of sheer fucking "casuals" (as I like to refer to them). The sort that get stoned and are more braindead and content staring at a wall that actually partaking in hilarious conversation or unreasonably awe inspiring conversation. But you cannot pick your friends, they find you. Do not consider yourself superior to them, because you really arent. As they are no better than you. Accept them for who they are and move forward. We are born alone, we die alone. The middle is quite meaningless.
>>
I feel I can relate

My upbringing was low income but my parents had me reading and listening to/playing music at a very early age. I never gave that up and have spent a lot of money and time acquiring the high end audio system I have, going to concerts, buying guitars and keyboards and amps and recording equipment. I have roughly ~5,000 books (many inherited) and have sought rare editions and collections.

No one my age or certainly younger has developed a real dedication to their interests that I know of, with the exception of my friend who collects guns, and of course the odd fitness nut at work. It can be lonely in that the only people who can relate to me with my interests are online.

My family and close friends are the only ones who get it. Most people want to talk sports or pop culture even after we have known each other for years, and they seem only capable of relating interests that are childish and empty to me. Or it's clear that they have barely skimmed the surface of their hobby and only know enough to make it seem like they are more than a braindead worker drone.
>>
>>24509141
>how I percieve others

Whatever they're interested in I think a lot of people hide their powerlevels. I don't talk about my hobbies to anyone and if I'm "caught" I always dial it down, make it seem like I don't really spend much time on it, I bet a lot of people think I'm that "mindless drone". Also, I think there's a lack of understanding towards others, someone who's interested in anime and vidya etc might not even be able to comprehend the devotion and soul others pour into hunting, garage projects, sports, knitting, writing their own symphony or whatever.
My mom is into textile work, she seems so panda-cola to everyone, always quiet and never talks about it, but when you enter her weaving-room you get an idea of the time and obsession that actually went into it
>>
>>24511965
It's hard to talk about anything aside from my hobbies with other people. Am I just autistic as fuck? Another thing is that I keep hearing all over the internet that showing your powerlevel/geekiness is now more accepted, so that's just strange.
>>
File: deep thinking.jpg (11 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
deep thinking.jpg
11 KB, 250x333
>>24510423
>We are born alone, we die alone. The middle is quite meaningless.

Why must you do this to me
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.