[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder to all robots that depression is beatable These guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: depression.png (63 KB, 984x672) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
63 KB, 984x672
Reminder to all robots that depression is beatable

These guys did it why cant you?
>>
To be honest I understand the exercise thing. When you're depressed all the time you just feel numb, so feeling exhausted and in pain from overdoing it is at least a change from the norm.

But yeah reddit is shit, ree normies etc. etc. etc.
>>
in the end working out is just another thing that works as a distraction for a while then you eventually realize you're just a fit robot and get miserable again

pretty much /fit/ in a nutshell. /fit/ is just robots on steroids.
>>
There's so much whining at /r/depression, just like here, though.
>>
>>24508470
depression is eternal
mental illness does not just got away
sometimes you dont feel it and sometimes it hits you like a fucking bus
>>
>>24508607
they haven't reached our levels of misery (yet)

otherwise they wouldn't be posting on reddit
>>
>>24508607
Depression communities on the internet are ALWAYS full of whining

Even though I've been severely depressed my entire life I've never been able to buy into the whole "I'm like this and I can never change so put up with it" mindset they seem to have.
>>
>>24508470
Because there are different degrees of depression.
That person probably had mild depression. I have major depressive disorder. It aint as easy as changing things for me.
>>
File: 140023.png (490 KB, 1280x709) Image search: [Google]
140023.png
490 KB, 1280x709
The only real times my depression went away
>Cumming inside pussy no condor
>sleeping
>eating delicious amazing food
>>
File: social anxiety pffft.png (69 KB, 1002x928) Image search: [Google]
social anxiety pffft.png
69 KB, 1002x928
>Reddit

social """"""""""""anxiety""""""""""

fuck these normies pretending to have actual anxiety
>>
>>24508668
What causes your depression? How did you get diagnosed?
>>
>>24508668
"My depression is worse than yours so your advice will never work"

Are there any depressed people that don't have this mindset?
>>
I get more depressed when I exercise
>>
>>24508770
>I'm losing weight, you notice, Pop?
>>
>>24508732
>>24508750
My best friend blew his brains out in HS, the girl I liked died in a car wreck a month later, and I got betrayed by my entire friend group a year later.

Then, my parents borderline emotionally abused me for the rest of my living with them.

I got diagnosed by a psychiatrist.
>>
>>24508592
not really.

exercise provides your life with structure. yeh you feel better during and after your workout due to the release of endorphins but having something to base your life around is the real positive.

does this mean you have to become some meat head gym junkie? nope, just means now you have a reason to eat well, you have a reason to make sure you get enough sleep and you have something to look forward too (your workout).

you can build the rest around it, if you train properly then you will start seeing results, which will then lead to greater self confidence etc etc. it can go as far as you take it.

ive had depression for a long time, and exercise has been the one thing that has kept me going.
>>
>>24508665

When I was a depressed teenager, I fell into that dangerous trap of thinking "I am depressed. I AM depressed. Depression IS who I am". Thinking of a mental illness as an identity leads to all sorts of obnoxious behaviour. You are less motivated to change. You start treating your depression as a competition i.e you challenge others on their problems and try to claim your problems are more significant. You start hating people who try and help you. You use depression as an excuse for selfishness or meaness...
But I eventually grew past that.

I think what reddit's and tumblr's problem is is that they are made up of teens. They are still at that stage.
>>
>>24508989
4chan falls into the exact same age range and the exact same problems.
>>
The thing with depression is that it affects people in different ways.
For me, I feel like I've always had it. Its not overwhelmingly strong like others have. I dont go manic and i dont go completely off the deep end. But its always there.
As a kid I was different. I was an emotional wreck. I felt useless and outcasted myself often. I was a very lonely child. I had friends but I did most things by myself. Psychiatrists often write it off as confidence issues' but I always knew if was more.
I was a weird, messed up kid who would bottle everything up and eventually have episodes of total emotional breakdown. Sometimes violent admittadely but usually just an outburst of tears
Since then I've slowly learned to cope with it but I feel like that feeling of uselessness and dull pain will never go away.I have good days and bad. But no matter what I do, it comes back, waiting to fill my head as soon as I hang around too long. Thoughts of not being good enough, and letting everyone down, and how disgusting and ugly I am. Even though I know its not true that voice never goes away and it drags me down.

That's why I distance myself from people. Why I have no friends. Because nobody will want to be around me when they understand the true me. I'm not a fun person to be around. And again I bottle it up,and do weird things to cope. I'm a disgusting nail/skin biter/picker to start. I do it whenever I'm bored/anxious/stressed and its messed my fingers up quite a lot. My index finger nails are actually concave.
I'm a real fat disgusting freak and I hate it. But I also know that there's so much I can do to help myself.
And I do try. I control my diet, and I try to get in whatever activity I can to improve myself. It's a struggle to be motivated.
And I've tried stuff like CBT, and group therapy and 360 degree feedback, but it always comes back. I talk to others about it and they don't take me seriously. That hurts the most.
>>
>>24508967
thats a total lie, ive been working out for like 8 months and now i feel even worse than when i started, how a fit person is worse than those lardasses you see on the street?
>>
While it is good to get a diagnosis for depression and use it to seek out help, so many people just use it as an excuse to get out of things.

Instead of solving your problems, it gives you a neat little "Not My Fault" pass to wave at them.
>>
>>24508470
I wonder what my fate is
>>
>>24509056
Do you think I need to try medication anons? It's the only thing I haven't tried yet.
I feel like my mind is imbalanced. I have episodes at work where I'm so bored I literally pass out working.
That's not normal is it?
>>
It's beatable if you want it to be and have some reason to overcome it in the first place
>>
>>24509056
You sound like me, mentally. I hope things go well for you anon, if there is any justice in the world I hope you get yours.
>>
>>24508470
biology is complicated, it is possible he didn't beat depression and it stopped for another unknown reason
>>
I did beat down my depression again. Its not like that fixed my life and gave me motivation and goals. I just no longer hate myself, and I have some hope.
>>
if beating depression means you have to become a ledditor, I think i'll just deal with it.
>>
>>24509245
This. A lot of genes activate based on environmental factors, to my limited understanding of genetics
>>
>>24509230
Thanks anon. I hope so too.
I'm currently finding a bit of success in tutoring. That helps me keep going, but it doesn't feel enough. I need to do more.
>>
>>24509145
just because it hasn't worked for you doesn't mean its a lie. maybe you should look at how you've been exercising and how its affected other aspects of your life.

any man will understand that exercising (especially weight lifting) is something you can build your life around. its a foundation. just because you have failed doesn't mean it doesn't and hasn't worked for a lot of people.
>>
>>24508470
>How I beat ennui
>>
Depression is just a word.

I feel sad, and if that makes me depressed then so be it. But the reasons I'm sad are inherent in the way the world is and I can't just will them away.
>>
>>24508726
Holy shit Reddit is so fucking weird.
>>
>>24509333
How do I activate my dormant big dick genes?
>>
>>24508726
Does he literally say ":)"?
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>24508470
fucking reddit ultranormies will never have depression
>>
>>24508726

lol :) nice i get nervous when I ask girls out too
>>
>>24510822
omg i know right, i suffer bad from anxiety chronically, i start to feel a bit sweaty when i have to give a speech to a large number of people! OMG mentall ilness right!!
>>
>>24510822
>>24510901
Did you mean:
Tumblr?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.