[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here keep a journal? What's in it? I don't but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: jrnl.jpg (35 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
jrnl.jpg
35 KB, 600x480
Anyone here keep a journal? What's in it? I don't but I'm curious what people actually write. We're all anonymous here.
>>
>>24508292
Kind of, I keep one where I write down notes, information and thoughts about what I'm reading/learning about lately, so I don't forget. Also keep to-do lists in it.
>>
>>24508292
I write down whatever I'm thinking about at the time. Current issues, feelings or anything in general really

Sort of makes me laugh because I see how retarded I was in the past. I'm probably still retarded now but I'll have to wait till for a while to laugh at my present entries.
>>
>>24508292
I just write out my thoughts sometimes, late at night. It's a private record of my miseries.
>>
I've no life to journal.
>>
>>24508292
I keep an art journal if that counts.
>>
I have 4 hardcover journals, countless digital writings. I analyze everything to its smallest elements. Wish I'd have written novels instead of journals, maybe.
>>
>>24508430
>I analyze everything to its smallest elements.

Post a fragment of an analysis of yours. If you just said 'I analyze everything', I woudn't ask, but since you boasted 'to its smallest elements' with no proof, I'm going to ask for it.
>>
>>24508292
I've been keeping a journal in a text file since my freshman year of high school, I mostly talked about tech stuff because that's why I started it but it devolved into usual self-important moaning. I still write in it, at least once a month or I try to, at this point it's like half stuff about math and computer science and half just describing my life. It's really psychotic and if anyone found it I'd be pretty fucking embarrassed, but it really helps dealing with things and organizing my thoughts, it's like a blog but i don't have the delusion anyone would really actually care, so I don't post it only for future employers to find and skip over me because of.
>>
>>24508489
Go fuck yourself. QED.
>>
More samples people who do keep one?
>>
I write in my journal notebook every day. I write about the events of the day, the music I listened to, and how I feel.
>>
>>24508590
From the end of my freshman year of college >>24508500

//[20/5/12]--
Been a fair amount of time since my last entry, thought it might be time for nother one. Schools coming to a close and I'll pass and all and I'll be excited to get going into my sophomore year. Life more and more seems like a dream to me these days, not in that it's particularly good or bad, but that it no longer seems real. It's not really serious derealization yet but it will be if nothing changes. I'm not really scared or anything, to be honest I live my life like a dream, I'm the only one who gives it meaning. Been listening to a lot of no wave recently, James Chance and the Contortionists in particular, it's just so amazing. Contort Yourself is the greatest song I've ever heard. I can't wait to smoke more and do different psychedelic drugs when I leave the house. I did cocaine for the first time the other day, it was fucking shit, I don't know, I mean I wouldn't do it again. Might've been do drunk but it was like nothing happened except I was instantly not drunk OR high. Like it killed it. Also I fucking hated the people I was with, and it really showed. I think like one of them I wouldn't kill if given the chance and that's because he's my dealer. Anyway, yhe tech hasn't gotten back to me yet about the job, I'm slightly concerned but there's still plenty of time. We watched this movie, or part of a movie, in Philosophy called Waking Life which was really good. Finished that project euler problem that was giving me trouble. That makes 20. LISP is such an amazing language. Bought new Commodore 64 and a Tandy in a yard sale, both were "broken" but they just needed to be recapped. Got them for 5 dollars each.
>>
File: 1447303442121.png (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1447303442121.png
1 MB, 1632x1224
10/16/15:
"It's Sunday again, and this warp speed ride keeps chugging along. Don't know what to do with myself. I don't know how to make myself happy or satisfied. I don't know how to improve my social life, when all social interaction seems so painful, unless I already know the person well.

Maybe that's true for everyone? Can't be, or the world would be much emptier. Evolution wouldn't allow people like me to procreate long enough to become dominant. Eventually there would come a generation like me that would stay alone."
>>
>>24508292
if i feel any anxiety or emotions building inside of me, or from the days events i open up a notepad file, scrawl it all down, then just delete the file.

the act of writing it down is a kind of exorcism for bullshit you don't need to carry around. it helps a lot, like the body sweats out toxins in the body.. you're doing the same with thoughts/feels
>>
bumping for more responses to this original content thread
>>
>>24508932
ITS BETTER THAN PLEASURE! IT HURTS MORE THAN PAIN! patrician taste tb.h
>>
last entries on my notepad in computer

"right now I don't want to

you're only ever alive right now, this is the only time that you and me will ever exist

there is no "you", as some sort of stable-over-time entity that has xyz desires (such as wanting to kill itself)

literally you and me exist *as* nothing more than experience, right now. as in we're not people, or humans, or selves. rather what we consist as, the structure of our existence, is 'what is being experienced right now'

nothing exists to desire to kill

there is nothing to kill, there is nothing stable or permanent

death kills nothing

think of the private language argument as adly named, it should be called the untranslatable language argument
this is all he's arguing against. he's not saying one cannot make stable connections between sign and signified,
in principle, rather he's saying you can't make this connection without it being able to be expained to another person

I remember it's the correct use, but how can I check that my memory itself is correct?

you can"
>>
File: zizek-on-toilet.jpg (15 KB, 368x560) Image search: [Google]
zizek-on-toilet.jpg
15 KB, 368x560
>>24508292
I started journaling when I was in the army (involuntarily). Helped to deal with the constant anger and losing personality.
I threw the journal away once I got out and forgot all about it.

I have tried keeping a personal journal twice, but couldn't get rid of the feeling that I am writing it for someone else to read, so I stopped writing.

Psychoanalysis might say that it is the feeling of trying to convince the Big Other of my personally constructed narrative. I know the Big Other does not exist, but it still feels like I am trying to sell a narrative when I journal.
It feels the same kind of awkward when you have to introduce yourself to a new social group and you have to "sell" yourself to them.

The only journal I could actually keep writing on is one where I write referates of books, chapter by chapter. It takes forever and I am still doing the greeks, but for some reason I enjoy it and it doesn't ruin my eyes like playing Starcraft.
I try not to impose my own bs arguments, but to understand the original ones and see things from their perspective.

I work 4-6 shifts a month so I can be comfy, sip tea and do this kind of shit the rest of the time. On a good day I interact with nobody in real life.
>>
I just keep a dream journal.
i hate the feeling of information that i dreamt slipping between my fingers as i wake up.
no matter how profound the idea, or how relevant... you always seem to forget unless you write down the dream
>>
please return to the first page thread, I insist
>>
I might start keeping one, then once I finally top myself everyone can know what I felt or didn't feel everyday
>>
>>24509528
nice, you should check out mooji.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.