[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey bots. I'm currently in Europe visiting my brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1448292660074.png (704 KB, 1600x844) Image search: [Google]
1448292660074.png
704 KB, 1600x844
Hey bots.

I'm currently in Europe visiting my brother for a month, and I'm not from around. I'm pretty much alone most of the time and I can't speak a lick of German, so I've just been getting around with my English. I promised myself I wouldn't be an autistic faggot and that I would fake my confidence to have a good time. Welp, I've been walking around the city and I can hardly build up the courage to even step into a restaurant. I keep to myself and still get super anxious about social situations even when they're simple. How do I enjoy myself here? There are so many nice pubs and cute girls, I feel like I'm wasting my time.

How do normies do it
>>
>>24507970
>How do normies do it
This is the thing.
You're not a normie.
They do it easily.
>>
>>24508051
Fuck this fucking curse. Im a bitch.
>>
>>24508144
We all are.
The comfiest thing about being abroad is just exploring new places alone without talking to people imo
>>
>>24507970
You arne't by chance from the middle east on "vacation", are you?
>>
>>24508168
Allahu Akbar

Fuck this bot btw
>>
>>24507970
By the use of alcohol. For one part of my life, I couldn't even go outside without drinking. I found drinking coffee and alcohol in the morning made me feel normal and functional and mostly killed my anxiety. I was able to talk to people without freaking out mentally.

Amps had a similar effect, except even stronger. On amps I actually built a social life and naturally made connections with ease. I approached people with no problem, held conversation, got invited to places easily. Only problem was the comedowns, and the fact that I became completely dependent on drugs to maintain my social life.

I remember thinking that now that I knew I was capable, I would be able to just live normally without drugs. That didn't help though. As soon as I was sober, intense anxiety plagued me again.

Also, the way normies do it is mostly through momentum. They always have friends and reasons to go places and interact with others.

When you have 0 friends, you have 0 reason to be anywhere, and aren't invited to social events, and when you go you're already at a disadvantage because you're alone and don't have anyone to bounce off of socially.
>>
>>24509122
Stop giving bad advice. Alcohol just makes it worse - it's a depressant.

>>24507970
Chad here (I'm not even kidding, and I don't care if I get flamed)
The truth is - nobody fucking knows how to approach a girl.. they are all different. I shit my pants every single time it happens. When I was a kid I never knew how to talk to girls and I was considered a weirdo and all of that fucking shit.
But I soon learned that all of them are just as weird and as long as you come across as an open person and have a set of question you ask everyone every time this approach will work 95% of the time.

tl;dr you can teach yourself how to be social through trial and error
>>
>>24509461
>it's a depressant
Are you literally fucking retarded? The fact the it's a depressant only further solidifies what I've said; that it reduces anxiety.
>>
>>24509461
Please take your shitty advice shove it up your ass and go back to reddit
>>
>>24509697
> implying robots don't stick things in their butts
>>
>>24509461
>tl;dr
rrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.