[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, it's on. I'm hitting the road with $300 in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Charles Bukowski.png (425 KB, 553x823) Image search: [Google]
Charles Bukowski.png
425 KB, 553x823
Alright, it's on.

I'm hitting the road with $300 in my pocket.
I'm tired of this life, and as such, I've decided to take matters into my own hands.

I have a traveling buddy that's been to 40 states across America, and experience to go along with it.

What should I expect, and what should I do to prepare.

>I have a car
>>
You should expect to run out of money real quick. Unless you don't drive very much.
>>
>>24506054

>He chose winter to do this.

Prepare to be stranded.

Three hundred dollars is a weeks worth of travel, if that.
>>
Prepare:
Towel, toothbrush, toiletries, water flask, possibly water filter but I never used those.
Very trusted pair of jeans, belt, pocket knife, singlets or undershirt.
Lots of pairs of socks if you're walking everywhere, very trusted pair of shoes.
Compass.
Some people use a mess kit but I prefer real plates, cutlery and pots even though they take up more space.
Good luck and enjoy your freedom.
>>
File: Emerson and Guevera.jpg (426 KB, 886x1240) Image search: [Google]
Emerson and Guevera.jpg
426 KB, 886x1240
>>24506163
It just so happens to be winter, but I'm either going towards New Orleans, or Southern California.

>>24506167
Thanks, you seem to have experience in the matter.

>>24506130
Buddy says he used to beg for gas at truck stops, and said you could fill it up in a couple of hours.
>>
File: Kurt Cobain.jpg (55 KB, 468x480) Image search: [Google]
Kurt Cobain.jpg
55 KB, 468x480
>>24506167
Should I be concerned about safety?
>>
>>24506054
>$300

dude just go get a pizza and a case of beer and forget this idea
>>
>>24507167
Can't, mom is kicking me out.
I haven't a job, and my only lead is an agent I've been talking to in Los Angeles.

It's like a quest in Fallout, or something.
Hope I don't get any radiation.
>>
I have $6000. How long could I live on that?
>>
>>24506054
I've always wanted to do this but not tour just start a life in a big city
>>
File: obama-wtf-485x407.jpg (32 KB, 485x407) Image search: [Google]
obama-wtf-485x407.jpg
32 KB, 485x407
>>24506167

> I prefer real plates, cutlery and pots even though they take up more space.

The fuck?
>>
That's not Bukowski. Is this bait?

Pretty good bait desu
>>
File: cool.jpg (634 KB, 800x801) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
634 KB, 800x801
KEEP ON PUSHING MY BUTTONS YOU GOING TO TRIGGER A BOMB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=GH21cEIN5Zs
>>
>>24506237
>Buddy says he used to beg for gas at truck stops, and said you could fill it up in a couple of hours.

lmao fuck that"
>>
If theoretically I were to build my own self-sufficient shack in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, what are the chances of normie society barging in with their muh lands rights or some other stupid shit? Is that even possible for a man nowadays to be left completely alone?
>>
Honestly, OP, worst comes to worst, you have a traveling buddy. That alone makes it 1000 times better than not having one.

>>24507500
Cool in theory, but enjoy your no Internet.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.