[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /r9k/ Bad For Us?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 461.png (45 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
461.png
45 KB, 200x200
Is this board more damaging to our mental state than it is helpful?

I mean, what are the repercussions of staying on here?

No one is ever positive. But then again, is optimism bullshit when you have to face uphill battle we do?

Is it destroying our psyche coming here?
>>
>>24505617
R9k is full of people like you
Take that as you will
>>
R9k won't destroy you as long as you understand when to be real and when to be a memer, and be able to distinguish real and meme in the discourse among robots
>>
i'm just a bored chad who likes to shitpost and make fun of trannies
>>
>>24505665
thats impossible
>>
>>24505617

Pick your poison, OP.

You're going to get it from somewhere.
>>
>>24505617

does your environment have an effect on you? your mood? your mental state? your health?

there

you got your answer?
>>
File: 1420319665282.png (116 KB, 816x587) Image search: [Google]
1420319665282.png
116 KB, 816x587
>>24505617
I'm actually quite happy and just come here to shitpost.
>>
>>24505792
then why keep coming?
>>
>>24505836

it's a bad habit
and it's comforting to see that you are not the only miserable human being on the planet
this place is terrible but
people can feel safe in terrible situations
>>
Yes, R9k will destroyed my gains.

I recommend you all go to /fit/

read the sticky and start lifting.

I also started to stick stuff in my but after I read about prostate orgasms but I think this is not related to /fit/
>>
>>24505723
this is very true, it's either here, leddit, or some other useless electronic shit
>>
>>24505836

it's like you're a battered wife who comes back to the abuser because it's the only place you know and makes sense
>>
>>24505617
are you even asking this question? yes, surrounding yourself with fellow losers is going to do nothing but make you more of a loser
>>
File: 0591 - CzwlW0d.jpg (47 KB, 579x553) Image search: [Google]
0591 - CzwlW0d.jpg
47 KB, 579x553
>>24505617
If you are a true robot, then your mental state has already reached max damage. This is the only place where a robot can be with those who truly understand him. I would say it helps.
>>
Makes me feel good about myself
>>
>>24505617

It's nice to find people to relate with I guess. But I think we should turn this board around. Stop being so bitter and hating women and taking responsibilities for our actions and focusing on how he can improve things.

What we have to do is not blame Chad for everything, but become Chad. As Chad as you can be. Now there are different kinds of Chads, for instance my inner Chad is still a schizoid but talented and successful.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 625x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 625x552
All these posts are a work of fiction and if you take them seriously you're ridiculous
>>
>>24505617
It's pretty helpful as long as you don't dwell in self-pity.
>>
I made this post a little over a year ago:

This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is slowly poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>24507080
>Do anything else.
What if there is nothing else?

This life doesnt have much to offer besides work and misery.
>>
>>24508339
You have internet access. You can learn a language, play an instrument (if you have the money to buy one), or read great literature. 4chan is a huge waste of time, relatively speaking, and navigating between twenty conversations in twenty tabs is taking a toll on your attention span.
>>
>>24505836
Franz Kafka said it well.

"I have the true feeling of myself only when I am unbearably unhappy."

Honestly, I try to be more positive but I just feel like it'll disappoint me again. Like Icarus burning his wings out in the sky for the hundredth time.
>>
It's not, I don't regularly come here, unless I'm feeling really curious. What I hate is that as a mentally ill loser I get associated with.. this. I don't hate women, and the last thing I need is the masses feeling justified to treat me like shit because all weird awkard losers are associated with elliot rodgers
>>
>>24508461
>You can learn a language, play an instrument (if you have the money to buy one), or read great literature.

While those are certainly noble goals, the real issue is whether the anon would find pleasure doing them.

This is a shithole by any measure, but at least we can be honest here.
>>
>>24505617
This is my only means of socialization, I'd go fucking insane without /r9k/.
>>
>>24508904
I'm fairly new here, came from facebook for the epic wagekeks threads. They're the only ones I like, the rest are kind of sad and weird.
>>
>>24505661
>>24505665
>>24505929
>R9k
Triggered honestly why are you all capitalizing the r?!
>>
>>24508904
>the real issue is whether the anon would find pleasure doing them.
It's just as important to feel proud of what you've done as it is to enjoy it. Without nihilist rationalizations that nullify everything, people will feel ashamed of spending so much time here.
>>
>>24509017
>It's just as important to feel proud of what you've done as it is to enjoy it.
What things should be held with pride? And why?

>Without nihilist rationalizations that nullify everything, people will feel ashamed of spending so much time here.
What is there to feel shameful about?
>>
>>24509131
>What is there to feel shameful about?
Wasting your life on a repetitive activity which changes nothing.

>What thing should be held with pride?
Beneficial things that you worked for. Do you need to justify why masturbating makes you relaxed, or why laughter makes you happy? Your brain uses satisfaction to reward you for making positive changes that increase the likelihood of biological success. This framework for emotional reward also applies when cultivating skills you personally value. You have emotions too, don't start some dumb argument over whether you "should" feel proud.
>>
>>24509345
>Wasting your life on a repetitive activity which changes nothing.
Does it have to change something from the start to the end?

>Beneficial things that you worked for.
What is "beneficial" here?

>Do you need to justify why masturbating makes you relaxed, or why laughter makes you happy?
No, I just observe myself to feel something that we've termed "relaxed" or "happy".

>Your brain uses satisfaction to reward you for making positive changes that increase the likelihood of biological success.
What is "biological success"? Why is it relevant?

>This framework for emotional reward also applies when cultivating skills you personally value.
What skills should I personally value?

>You have emotions too, don't start some dumb argument over whether you "should" feel proud.
I don't really feel pride all too easily. Or at the very least, when I feel some semblance of pride, it takes the slightest prod for it to come tumbling down.
>>
>>24509887
Okay Socrates, when you respond with seven questions and nothing substantive I really don't want to fucking answer you. Obviously there is no meaning to life and there are no prescriptive guides for human action, but if this is gonna be the way this conversation will go I'm ending it here.
>>
>>24509975
>Okay Socrates, when you respond with seven questions and nothing substantive I really don't want to fucking answer you.
Your statements seem ambiguous to me, so I requested clarification.

>Obviously there is no meaning to life and there are no prescriptive guides for human action, but if this is gonna be the way this conversation will go I'm ending it here.
Good day.
>>
this place is great, it reminds you of the important rules such as
>everything we do its to satisfy an instinct, directly or indirectly, like sex or games
>woman cannot logic, they only follow instinct
>NEVER trust a normie
etc

thing that will save your time, money, dignity and possible life
also, dank memes are great, they will help you forget tfw
>>
>>24505617
I honestly think 4chan as a whole is bad for me because it encourages procrastination, which I'm already prone to. This whole place is like an attention hogging, dopamine dripfeeder.

I just can't quit.
>>
>>24505617
I've been browsing 4chan for 5 years and started browsing r9k 2 years ago.

My first three years on 4chan i didnt even notice r9k existed and I had fun browsing all kinds of other boards

Eventually I discovered r9k and became hooked. All the threads here are a shadow of what they used to be and bore me to fucking death. Only thing that bores me more are the other boards.

I'm stuck here forever now.
>>
File: minimal pepe.png (11 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
minimal pepe.png
11 KB, 1080x1920
>>24505661
Gonna prop logic this shit to make it crystal clear.

Me --> ~Like
/r9k/ <=> Me

Therefore /r9k/ --> ~Like

Dam famalam, looks like I can't hang out here anymore.
>>
File: 1447384555168.jpg (20 KB, 612x468) Image search: [Google]
1447384555168.jpg
20 KB, 612x468
>>24510220
4chan was le neverrrrr gud lmao :^))))))))
>>
>>24508959
B8

Blox
>>
File: Hot Fleshsphere.jpg (39 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
Hot Fleshsphere.jpg
39 KB, 628x676
>>24507080
mmmmm bad post
>>
>>24505617
I've ACTUALLY become more sociable by venting frustrations and sharing similar stories and situations with other robots on here.

Very very slightly more sociable.
>>
>>24505829
This.

I don't take this board seriously at all. I come here to shitpost and bait. It's the easiest board to troll and one of the best boards to get a cheap laugh.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.