[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it weird to travel alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_32494-images(40)307766682.jpg (4 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32494-images(40)307766682.jpg
4 KB, 251x201
Id like to take a trip but ive never really gone anywhere myself. Would it be weird to fly out of country by myself?
>>
Where do you wanna go? What do you want to do? Do you only want to travel, or work and travel?
>>
go couchsurfing. That's a thing, look it up.
>>
Travelling alone is great. I've been to Japan, Scotland, Madiera, Germany, few other places. Coming from England.

It's pretty cool going at your own pace.
>>
Bumping this thread for interest since I also want to solo travel. Would go to Japan but I'm from England and don't have much money. I was thinking of going to Iceland or somewhere similar. Iceland's obviously not the cheapest place but it's safe and welcoming from what I've heard.
>>
>>24505009
I'd like to do the same. Just buy a plane ticket to nowhere and pack my shit up. Don't have to explain anything to anyone.

The only thing holding me back is my crippling anxiety, and also me not having a license yet.
>>
>>24505261
I'm >>24505135

Japan itself isn't expensive for a traveler. The expensive part is getting there and back. Hostels are decently priced and plentiful (or just stay in a capsule hotel). High quality food is particularly cheap.

It has a reputation for being expensive due to living expenses. Tiny rooms to rent can be expensive as fuck.
>>
Do it.
I plan to buy a ticket to SE Asia or South America and disappear for a few months, maybe a year. Fuck it.

I just need to find a job first.
>>
>>24505009
Most of the people I met in hostels seemed to be traveling alone.
>>
>>24505124
don't you need foreign friends for that?
>>
I definitely know this feel. I feel like I'd get off the plane somewhere, and be like "now what?" I'm really bad at just thinking of what to do/places to go. If you don't have that problem, though, then mitebcool.
>>
>>24505878
No, you need to be attractive and into casual sex and drugs.
>>
OP here, i was thinking Thailand probably bangkok. Ive seen they have Uber support for getting around and I could stay pretty cheap with airbnb
>>
I was hoping to visit the bars and pay for a hooker, but im a khv. Id like to take in city during the day and visit temples. I was planning to make it a 30 day trip
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.