[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are they going to remove the robot? I want to go back the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1446109041161.png (377 KB, 600x635) Image search: [Google]
1446109041161.png
377 KB, 600x635
When are they going to remove the robot? I want to go back the golden days of /r9k/
>>
>>24503072
You mean ban all wage vs neet thread posters?

it's that easy
>>
>>24503072
>Golden days
>desu no bf threads
Fuck no.
>>
The golden days had the robot you newfag. Back when I, for one, welcomed our new robot overlords.
>>
Together, or not together.

These are the last traces of those dreamlike days.
>>
We can do that after we ban all the frog and kekposters
>>
>>24503132
>implying those threads went away when the filter was added
>>
File: 1439967596015.jpg (41 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
1439967596015.jpg
41 KB, 640x634
I honestly don't get how people can think the current state of this board is better, you can't funpost anymore since you need to writte something "original" every time
>>
>>24503091
I guess you missed when there were over 70 of those threads at once just a few days ago. The robot has never and will never do anything against threads you don't like. People were saying >tfw no bf threads would die with the robot too, but they're still going strong.
>>
>>24503072
>>24503578
you guys are what's wrong with this board, amongst other things.
>>
>complaining about the robot
It's so easy to spot the newfags. The robot coming back is the best thing that could have happened to this board.
>>
The robot is neither good no bad.

You just have to reword your shitposts. A minor annoyance if anything.
>>
It makes gay/trans anime avatarfags, [s4s] crossboarders and other low quality posters upset.
It lowers their ability to shitpost the same shit repeatedly.
It makes spam threads have at least some degree of change with each one.

Please explain the issue.
>>
>>24503886
>The robot coming back is the best thing that could have happened to this board.
It doesn't improve the quality much and just makes it harder to carry on simple conversations. /r9k/ is better without the robot.
>>
File: what-00036.jpg (105 KB, 361x480) Image search: [Google]
what-00036.jpg
105 KB, 361x480
>>24504018
>It makes gay/trans anime avatarfags, [s4s] crossboarders and other low quality posters upset.
How? The robot doesn't apply to images. You can post the same image as many times as you want. 4chan also only looks for duplicate images inside single threads, so you can post the same image in as many threads at the same time as you'd like as well.

>It lowers their ability to shitpost the same shit repeatedly.
Which is why Wagekek and >tfw no bf threads are still going on without any issues. Actually they're going on longer than they did before because the janitors don't seem to be working as hard ever since the robot was re-enabled.

>It makes spam threads have at least some degree of change with each one.
So you people complain about those threads existing, but you use their existence as proof that the robot is working?
>>
>>24504148
>because the janitors don't seem to be working as hard ever since the robot was re-enabled.
Most tfwnobf threads gets insta delete since like a month
>>
>>24504179
I've seen plenty that have been going on lately. A few of them actually died from reaching page 10.
>>
>>24504148
Didn't say anything about images, I just like the fact posters like yourself are so upset you're making threads complaining.

See 3rd point.

No complaints, I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>24504325
>Didn't say anything about images, I just like the fact posters like yourself are so upset you're making threads complaining.
Being slightly annoyed every once in a while isn't upset. If you used that logic then the captcha would make most people "upset".

>See 3rd point.
What 3rd point?
>>
It will be gone in a year.
>>
>>24504413
True, I guess 'inconvenienced' would be a better word.

The 'degree of change' point applies to your response for my second.

Now a question for you, how was the exact same posts and the same images over and over again 'golden days'?

For me at least, golden days was pre-deletion when you could share decently long original greentexts without being buried with 'tl;dr' and 'blogposting' replies like if you mentioned them on other boards at the time.

/r9k/ was the place where if someone had something interesting to share that didn't apply to any other boards they'd come here, which made it a great place for good stories and top content.

Then after the board got reinstated we got ebin rare peepee maymays and the first instances of [s4s] leakage and tripfag threads almost as bad as '08 /a/. Then came the trap/trans influx where some of them can't just post like everyone else, they have to be tripfags, avatarfags or have inflections on their posts.

The robot returning was a rare improvement in the slow decline, I can't see how anyone can dislike it.
>>
>>24504148
Wagekek threads are allowed. That's why they don't get banned.
The tfw no bf poster gets banned and deleted within 2-3 minutes. Never noticed it?
>>
>>24504745
>Now a question for you, how was the exact same posts and the same images over and over again 'golden days'?
Because /r9k/ became an off topic board with older posters. Many of the threads were fun to post in and the only people who seemed to be complaining were the /adv/ rejects who want to talk about how they're STILL a virgin, even though there has been and always will be plenty of those threads.

>For me at least, golden days was pre-deletion
There's no point looking at how things were. Things will never be the same. That's just something you have to deal with on 4chan; It evolves for better or worse and no amount of complaining can change that.

>/r9k/ was the place where if someone had something interesting to share that didn't apply to any other boards they'd come here, which made it a great place for good stories and top content.
Exactly. Now people act as if /r9k/ is only for incels to complain. Maybe it is now that we have /trash/.

>Then after the board got reinstated we got ebin rare peepee maymays and the first instances of [s4s] leakage and tripfag threads almost as bad as '08 /a/. Then came the trap/trans influx where some of them can't just post like everyone else, they have to be tripfags, avatarfags or have inflections on their posts.
>The robot returning was a rare improvement in the slow decline, I can't see how anyone can dislike it.
Those two things aren't related. Those people still post regardless of the robot being on or off. Maybe the robot being turned off is what got some of them to join in, that doesn't mean the robot going back on will make them go away however.

The only thing the robot does is make it slightly harder to make concise replies. There's already plenty of people doing bloxposting and the robot has only been on for a few weeks.
>>
>>24504820
The point is that many (probably all) of the threads people thought the robot was going to kill are still around and the robot has not really done anything to improve the quality of the board.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.