[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /livinthedream/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Herlea.jpg (4 KB, 176x222) Image search: [Google]
Herlea.jpg
4 KB, 176x222
>Be me, 25yo autist
>Part time musician, church job pays $200 for 4 hours a week
>Occasionally pick up gigs for extra money
>Live rent free at an art patron's house
>Free groceries
>Live in lush master bedroom in house in the country
>Livin the dream boys.

Get on my level kids.
>>
File: 1443447661965.jpg (60 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1443447661965.jpg
60 KB, 563x542
>>24501615
teach me your ways master.
>>
I'm assuming you play keys, me too and just landed a church job. Im a student and it is my first actual job as a pianist so I dont get paid as much as you, only $25/hr. I have some questions for you.

What denomination of church do you play for? If you have had other church jobs, can you speak to which kinds of churches pay the most?

Do you play organ, piano, or both? Do you exclusively do music in service or do you also play weddings/funerals/special events?

Have you thought about picking up another gig at a Seventh Day Adventist church or even a Synagogue?
>>
I'm a musician too, play around 5 gigs a months and I kinda get around working at a friend's pub for extra money, is not a dream but it's a pretty relaxed lifestyle and I have plenty of time to do a lot of things
>>
>>24502436
>$25/hr
what the fuck, isn't that buckets of money?
>>
>>24502514

probably not that many hours.
>>
Almost..

> 26 cyborg with bi-polar disorder
> Fulltime sysadmin+dev, 105k year, with 10-15% increase every year up to 250k (cap)
> Own two apartments from grandparents, renting a decent flat with super nice view and balcony
> Eating once a day, full skeleton mode
> Travelled to ~40+ countries
> Done fashion shoots in the past
> Part-time philosophy student
> Spend a ton of time just driving around with my bike
> Nofriends / Nofamily / Nopets

One of these days I'm a crash into a wall at 300km/h, intentionally.

There is no purpose to anything.
>>
>>24502514
Yeah but it's not much when you rehearse once a week and play every other Sunday. And every church meets on Saturday/Sunday, so you can't really work multiple churches.
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_09_Hermit.jpg (17 KB, 300x519) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_09_Hermit.jpg
17 KB, 300x519
>>24502540
Exactly. You get paid a lot by the hour but it's difficult trying to find people to pay you and doubly so when you live somewhere infested with competing musicians.
>>
Not going to go into a lot of detail but

>Came back from military service
>Got a job as a political aide helping a rich politician do his job/run the town
>I drive him around, act as security and generally help him with all kinds of tasks
>Slowly climbing the social/political ladder
>Make a decent salary
>Live in a nice place, almost entirely free of charge because the guy I work for own it and offered to house me as long as I work for him
>Seen some interesting/funny/crazy shit that I could definitely tell people later in life and nobody would believe me.
>Live in a pretty nice area and have a small circle of friends both male and female
>24 years old, stop caring about everything a while ago

It's fun. The job is handling paperwork, answering calls, talking to people, driving him and packages around, scheduling appointments, reminding him about stuff. It takes a lot of organization skills, but I definitely don't find it difficult, they pay's not amazing, but it's good.

Might run for a political office one day.
>>
>>24502311
>Be talented musician
>Coast by with minimal effort and practice, get a church job to pay basic living expenses
>Find some older person to house you
>Live the easy life
>>
>>24503837
It's like being a NEET except you have to work 4 hours a week. The advantage being that you do have a job so people don't consider you like a complete faggot.
>>
>>24502671
you should get a bunch of whores and top quality drugs before you kill yourself, it sounds like you have enough money to buy some awesome artificial happiness for at least a few years
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.