[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >used to be a Spelling Nazi when I was little >super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1396395392184.png (261 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1396395392184.png
261 KB, 500x283
>be me
>used to be a Spelling Nazi when I was little
>super anal about spelling everything right
>did for the most part
>out of school for like, 2 years or so now
>suddenly find myself misspelling things left and right
>even simple ass words that I should know how to spell by now
Anyone know this feel? Makes me feel so stupid.
>>
>be reddit

fixed that for you.
>>
>>24501581
Sadly, it's normal. Thanks to my slight background in programming, I'm more sensitive to e.g. capitalization mistakes than an average person ('mysql' != 'MySQL'), but I for instance I make voicing mistakes ('penis'/'benis') often. It will get worse when you're my age, too.
>>
>>24501761

Programmer too, I don't give a fuck about capitalization.
It got bad when I started to misspell things on purpose, you know, as a joke, and then I started making the same mistakes without making them as joke, you know.
>>
>>24501761
>>24501811
I want to get into programming myself actually.

Any ways to get started?
>>
>>24502023
>>24501761 here.

I'm just going to say find things to automatize in your daily life. For instance, I have a problem with finding 4chan threads in which I posted in the archive. So I could write a JavaScript userscript that adds an event handler to 4chan's posting form(s), and writes a local file or the browser storage with the thread's archive URL after I successfully make a post. In fact, I'm going to do that right now, although it's way too late...

This instinct is as important as mathematical & logical ability and drive to abstract.
>>
>>24502136
Other, banal examples could be, for instance, sorting a collection of files of yours (say, if you want to autistically sort your reaction images by colour, you could probe every 100th pixel and average them). Things like that.
>>
>>24502164
Or, in fact, just after I posted this, I abstracted this idea itself (the abstraction drive I mentioned), and thought of an extensible ls Linux command with custom sort handlers (a parameter, --sort=program), which would make more efficient using such custom scripts. This is how it works.
>>
>>24502136
>>24502164
>>24502192
Oh well fuck me then, I hope I grasp it when I try it out.
>>
>>24502136
>>24502164
>>24502192

That is fucking retarded, you're fucking retarded, stop giving people garbage advice.
>>
>>24502221
tl;dr is, whenever you find doing something manually, think whether it could possibly be automatized. For instance, when I once saw an avatarfag post his avatar, I had the idea to again write a userscript that would prepopulate the HTML image element with the path to his avatar, so he wouldn't have to select it every time.

>>24502288
It definitely might be, and I definitely am, but why?
>>
>>24502301
You can do that? In normal browsers and shit?
>>
>>24501581
It's mostly because you aren't reading as much now that you aren't in school anymore. Same thing happened to me.

I still get TRIGGERED when I see the common misspellings and grammar mistakes. "Bias" vs. "biased" and "lose" vs. "loose" make me unnecessarily angry these days.
>>
>>24502454
Well, obviously, not using regular JS, that would be a security hole. But from within the browser (i.e. a userscript manager), why not? And if not, then you can always write a browser extension that enables it. Or just write a patch and recompile the whole browser.
>>
>>24502495
I actually get the gist of what you're saying. Sweet.
>>
>>24502522
Cheers. Remember, there's always more than one way to do it. If the within-browser method wouldn't work, then perhaps you could hack the OS' window manager to find that input field and fill it that way. Or, you could actually intercept outgoing HTTP requests on the network level and add raw attachments to them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.