[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you buy your clothes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 1444017045763.jpg (282 KB, 850x1280) Image search: [Google]
1444017045763.jpg
282 KB, 850x1280
Where do you buy your clothes?
>>
Internet/thrift store
>>
>>24501319
the internet
>>
mommy buys my clothes for me
>>
>>24501319
charity stores strictly
sweet threads & costs like nothing
>>
High street clothing shops
>>
File: 1441972120008.jpg (41 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1441972120008.jpg
41 KB, 409x409
>>24501319
at least 40% of my clothes are free t-shirts and hoodies
30% are gifts
30% I buy off the macys website, mostly the cheapest jeans and sweatpants i can buy
>>
Online generally.
I wear the same kinda clothes all the time so I know what fits so I can just order it.
I just wear dark blue arizona jeans, black tee shirts, and termal undershirts.
And a big ass surplus jacket with all my shit in it.

>>24501370
Do you wear a fedora too?
>>
>>24501319
just bought long underwear at H&M today because my knees were freezing like hell

so fucking comfy
>>
Online, except for pants.
>>
I am a nudest. I sit in front of my computer and I haven't moved in well over 3 days and this isn't even the longest time I've been in front of my screen. So far food scraps, sweat, urine and excrement have pooled on my seat cushion this festering pool is now leaking onto the floor and mixing with old jizz stains... so in short no I don't buy clothes
>>
File: 1442091928395.jpg (22 KB, 490x301) Image search: [Google]
1442091928395.jpg
22 KB, 490x301
>>24501410
fedora wearers think they are being fashionable, they are just misguided, therefore they care a significant about there clothes

my post shows a strong indication that I do not care about what I wear

I don't know how you came to this conclusion
>>
asos, h&m , newyorker , pull & bear, bershka
raf simons rick owens usually what im dressed in
>>
dayoftheshirt.com for tshirts and i buy hoodies when they are on sale (mostly sportbrands because they are wider)
>>
Thrift store and vans shoes but sometimes I buy nice shit. Last nice thing I bought was a supreme cardigan. Before that... I can't even remember. but 99% thrift store. I'm very picky so I rarely find not super basic shit that I like
>>
>>24501319
Thrift stores.
When I was really young, my Mom and I were really poor. So we'd thrift shop, and it was fun.
Literally everything I owned was used.
So I still do that. But a I get a lot of compliments, people tell me that my style is really cool and ask where I shop.
You don't need to spend $50 on a T-shirt to look cool, by any means.
I also have learned to make and modify clothing, so most of my favorite pieces are one-of-a-kind.

My office work clothes are always brand new from H&M though (still cheap but nicer), just to get the complete normie look and stay under the radar around coworkers. I tailor most of it myself.
>>
Tommy hilfiger and Hugo Boss
>>
>>24501319
practically speaking, my mother buys them for me.
almost every time.
She actually never gave me some money and told me "just buy clothes you need".

She would always take me to the store and pick the clothes for me.
If I told her I didn't like something, she'd just ask again and again if I like it. It took effort to veto her choices.
And of course, I always look great.

I still remember, back in highschool, when I was fat, she coerced me into wearing a red, tight, v-neck, which, according to her, looked "just fine".
People laughed behind my back.

I'm finally going through the process of learning how to buy my own clothes.
>>
Uniqlo, Acne Studios, A.P.C
>>
My mom buys my clothes at target or shopko usually but she lets me pick them out.

I have a shit ton of clothes because my mom makes me go woth at least once a Week

At least 500 shirts
>>
>>24501545
The way you dress sure isnt utilitarian and it looks horrible.
Are you just retarded then?
>>
>>24501659
No you dont. If you do, you dont know anything about clothing.
>>
RAF SIMMONS RICK OWENS USUALLY WHAT IM DRESSED IIIIIIIN
smash dat fkn like button pham
>>
>>24502006
how is wearing free tshirts and hoodies with cheap sweatpants not utilitarian
it's cheap
comfortable
provides plenty of 'utility', I only really need two pockets, one for my phone, one for my wallet
>>
>>24501659
The Goyard so hard man, I'm Hugo's boss
>>
>>24501319

my mom buys my clothes
>>
J-List
>>
Either Macy's, attic (small business skate shop), my habit (fuccboi online clothing store) or I'll go to the factory when they have sales. Just went to the hundreds one in LA this last week.
>>
My entire wardrobe comes from thrift stores, Ross, Marshall's, and H&M.
>>
The Gap for t shirts and jeans, The Bay/banana republic for dress shirts and pants, ck for suits, and sportchek for athletic wear.
>>
>>24501319
i'm a hikki neet, i use the same clothes from 10 years ago
>>
File: basedstore.jpg (222 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
basedstore.jpg
222 KB, 620x349
>implying theres a choice
>>
>>24501324
The factory outlet mall out on the highway. Can't beat 8-12 dollars for a pair of jeans.
>>
>>24502067
Just stop talking
You're embarrassing yourself
>>
High end boutiques primarily. I may be poverty level but at least I'll make a good impression if I ever meet my big break.
>>
>>24502236
The only thing I ever purchased from hot topic is a 14" long wallet chain in high school. Solid purchase. I still wear it now at 28.
>>
>>24502258
alright
that's not an argument

why start an argument with an anonymous person on the internet if you have no intentions of learning or teaching
>>
File: ireallylikethisboard.jpg (8 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ireallylikethisboard.jpg
8 KB, 320x180
>>24502287
please don't tell me you actually do this.
>>
>>24502287
>14 inch
Why
>>
>>24501319
w2c (where to cop) that jacket
>>
>>24501324
is there any other way really?
>>
File: 1447347817562.jpg (393 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447347817562.jpg
393 KB, 1024x768
Banana republic
Foot locker (nike)
Levis
Nordstrom
Goodwill
>>
>>24501319
Wherever I can find cheap jeans and solid colored tshirts.
>>
Get a pair of levis like once a year, have a couple button ups from thrift stores, and t shirts and undies I get in a pack when mine wear out which isn't often.
>>
>want to actually go clothes shopping after not caring my whole life
>too lazy/autistic to go in store
>love shopping online, but feel clothing is the one thing that generally need to be bought in person (to try it on and whatnot)
Welp
>>
>>24502826
>want to get another shirt
>look up shirt brand
>125 bucks

why should a shirt cost this much
>>
Uniqlo and Old Navy.
>inb4 Old Navy is for kids
They shockingly have good fits and their prices are insanely cheap. It's owned by Gap but their selection is much larger and I see no point in spending shit tons of money on clothes these days.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.