[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: big penis small brain dindu.jpg (27 KB, 315x400) Image search: [Google]
big penis small brain dindu.jpg
27 KB, 315x400
What the fuck is a person supposed to do in life? I have no fucking clue what I'm supposed to do with mine other than work, eat, sleep until I die. And I don't want to do that, neither do I want to kill myself.

How does one become satisfied with life if there is no future but infinite wageslavery?
>>
>>24500097
Lie, cheat, and steal your way to the top. Just don't get caught. If you do, always setup scenarios that allow plausible deniability and for you to shift the blame on someone else.
>>
>>24500097
set a goal ?
any goal would do
just remember that you will feel empty after realizing it
>>
"The purpose of life is the continuation of life. For when life ceases to exist, no purpose can be assigned to it."

So please make chilluns and survive the happening. That's all there is to it.
>>
I know this feel bro. It's an endless cycle.

I want off this crazy ride.
>>
Escape
>b-but to where?
No idea
Wherever you came from, you might never go back
Find your home if this is not it
>>
>>24500175
Children are the absolute last thing I want. Especially with some bitch wife who will inevitably leave me because I'm a sad cunt.
>>
We exist as modern day slaves, perpetuating the systems of control with our labor in exchange for our modern amenities until comes a time when we're made redundant.
>>
You just gotta find something you enjoy doing between all that other shit. That and meaningful relationships are what make life worth living (I think).
>>
>>24500156
this.

I mean it's not like hard work never pays off, but it's not enough. If you're just gonna work hard you're gonna need something else. Be it just luck (getting the right opportunity) or maybe such extraordinary talent that they just can't ignore you- hard work won't be enough.

Those who lie, bluff, cheat and network their way to the top don't have to rely on these secondary possibilities. They forge their own luck. So if getting to the top is important to you I suggest you quit being an honest person. And if you're an honest person I suggest you quit associating your self-worth with how high you can climb in this ruthless society.
>>
>>24500097
There is no supposition. You are just a cog in evolution of the species. The only thing you are 'supposed' to do is to play your part, which you will.
>>
>>24500097
You are meant to die honourably as a footsoldier during the Race War.
>>
I'm just happy enough knowing that one day our Sun will burst into a supernova and destroy everything as far as the human race will ever reach.
>>
>>24500097
I like gardening and math.

As for purpose why would you assume there is a purpose? Read some darwin, it's highly enlightening. (dawkins is OK but he gets too emotional to be a real scientist)
>>
>>24500175
Plan is to take unfit people's children through conquest then survive the happening and reproduce with patriarchal aspirations.

Children are the last thing you would want in a serious happening.
>>
>>24501010
>Math
Can you tell me more about why you like it?

It seems to be very helpful of a skill to have, especially for advanced programming, engineering, etc. But do you find it truly enjoyable on its own?
>>
File: image.jpg (538 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
538 KB, 2048x1366
Life has no meaning. Take a look at the pic. It can be helpful
>>
>>24500916
And what would that part be?
>>
>>24501382
it comes and goes. It's like playing video games. I enjoy games a lot, but if I play them too much I get sick of it and want to quit.

I just like the pure truth of it. Playing in my mind works best while high on opiates (which do not inhibit my mental capabilities). I've solved hundreds of programming puzzles on project euler and placed well on programming competitions (got free t-shirts and small amounts of money.) But really I just feel like I'm accomplishing something as a passion that I can do. I'm inept at just about everything else.
I've also had on-site interviews at google and facebook, so it might pay off someday.

Even if I wasn't good at it I'd still do it.

Sometimes I get stuck on an algorithm and it gets truly frustrating, but then the solution comes to me while walking my dog.

Right now I'm working on some algorithmic graphics and searching/sorting code.

There are other things besides math. You could do software engineering, database stuff, web design, art, music, etc. I recommend having a passion. It makes life much better and rewarding.
>>
>>24502598
Thanks for the answer. I'm trying to learn some basic maths to help me get into other hobbies with a maths-prerequisite. It's not as boring as I thought it would be desu.

I do know how to program pretty well, but I ran out of ideas and I haven't programmed for over 6 months. Now looking for something new to fuel this otherwise boring existence.

Btw, do you have a degree or did you learn it by yourself?
>>
>>24500156
>>24500879
I barely know anything about life outside my little room. How the fuck am I supposed to manipulate myself into the top? If I had that kind of skill I'd probably not be this confused about life.
>>
>>24500097

>ask a normie a question like this
>they get all butt-flustered and say either not think about such things or give a generic muh bible says response
>>
>>24504805
That's why most normies are wageslaves who eat, work, drink, and sleep. Then again that's better than what most robots do.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.